Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Wallflower

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Agreed on Glow's Season 2, it goes in such different directions in Season 2 and Season 3 is even better. Damn I didn't knew the places they would go here.

My cousin is a huge fan of Glow and is the one who pretty much forced me to watch it. I've loved every season but my cousin found Season 3 so disappointing. Wasn't enough wrestling. I have definitely seen that complaint from others but I enjoy the characters enough that it didn't bother me at all. I am shocked and delighted Netflix is giving it a final fourth season. I thought it would be a goner for sure like so many of their series after three seasons. I'm glad that wasn't it though or it would have ended very disappointingly.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:10 am
Ocarina of Time

I just finished Dark on Netflix last weekend :( ... it’s sooooo good

Now, season 4 of How to get away with murder

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:28 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Magic Mike wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Agreed on Glow's Season 2, it goes in such different directions in Season 2 and Season 3 is even better. Damn I didn't knew the places they would go here.

My cousin is a huge fan of Glow and is the one who pretty much forced me to watch it. I've loved every season but my cousin found Season 3 so disappointing. Wasn't enough wrestling. I have definitely seen that complaint from others but I enjoy the characters enough that it didn't bother me at all. I am shocked and delighted Netflix is giving it a final fourth season. I thought it would be a goner for sure like so many of their series after three seasons. I'm glad that wasn't it though or it would have ended very disappointingly.

Agreed not enough wrestling was the reason I thought Season 3 didn't improve on Season 2, otherwise the characters grew so much in this season.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:31 am
Forum General

Wow just binged both seasons of Harley Quinn and yeah it completely lives up to the hype and then some. I would love a Season 3, but honestly it ended kind of perfectly IMO.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:33 pm
Ocarina of Time

Dil wrote:
Wow just binged both seasons of Harley Quinn and yeah it completely lives up to the hype and then some. I would love a Season 3, but honestly it ended kind of perfectly IMO.

Need to watch that yet

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:14 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Surprised you haven't seen it. Its REALLY good. Possibly the best animated series running right now

Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:01 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Finished watching second season of What we Do in Shadows. The series is really good, highly recommended. Great to see that there is a third season. 10 episodes is just too small for this lol.

Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:22 am
Wallflower

Sparrow, have you seen Wonderfalls? Loved that show. It's pretty quirky. It was only one season but doesn't end in some major cliffhanger. I finished Gilmore Girls (would recommend this as well) and Schitt's Creek with my boss so think I'll make this our next show we watch. I haven't seen it in years.

Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:17 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Never heard of Wonderfalls before, I'll add it to my list. Gilmore Girls I've watched season 1 last but haven't watched the rest of the seasons, it's in my to do list.

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:59 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Binged the final few episodes of Insecure Season 1 and entire Season 2. Issa Rae is so good in this, I hope she can translate this into mainstream success (The Lovebirds is not the right direction IMO). Season 3 started off really well.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:23 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Insecure seems to get too repetitive in Season 3 and Season 4 with characters not growing enough specially for such a small series. The comedy is still aces and Issa Ray is great in here.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:29 pm
Forum General

I pretty much mowed through all 10 episodes Extracurricular last night which is a South Korean series that I hadn't even heard of before yesterday, but I actually really enjoyed it. It got really crazy at times though with certain characters, but once I started it I honestly could not stop. I also just finished the first season of Better Call Saul which was good, but I'm still waiting for it to get better, because so far it's nowhere near the greatness of Breaking Bad.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:36 am
The Kramer

Some people will stan for Better Call Saul but I’ve never got it. I don’t really care about knowing what these people were up to before Walter killed them all.

Doom Patrol first episode was OK. I liked the characters, but it also seemed really try-hard. That voiceover especially is cringe.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:34 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Took a break from TV shows this week will start next week. Though in the middle I started re-watching How I Met Your Mother and I still love this show because the cast is so funny, ended up binge watching the entire first season and started a few episodes of Season 2. The split of Lily and Marshall is such an interesting arc, but I am sure it will be short lived.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:53 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm six episodes into "Cursed" on Netflix.

I tried "Brave New World" on Peacock and found it fairly dull, at least based on the pilot. Not sure I'll continue with it.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:48 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I enjoyed Cursed, but its basically a poor man's Witcher which is in all honesty a poor man's GOT, although I did really enjoy that show as well. The quality of the production values and the CGI just continues to drop though.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:34 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I finished Cursed as well and enjoyed it here and there. The production values are great but the story isn't much, the focus is on few story-lines throughout the season so when the final battle comes it never feels earned. The production, CGI work on the final few episodes when they should hit the home run goes way down which hampers the series a lot. Katherine Langford does very well to carry this movie.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:59 am
New Server, Same X

Did anyone watch the 30 Rock special last week? It was basically an hour-long ad for Peacock, but I didn't really mind that part. It had plenty of its signature comedy and something of a storyline. I was never a huge fan of the show but it was still neat. Lots of negative reviews online but not sure what anyone expected.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:46 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

30 Rock is so old, why would they want to do a special now? Are there plans for a reboot?

I also finished Ramy Season 1 yesterday. It was good but nothing special (even felt it was cliched in first few episodes) though I can see why it won so many awards given the political climate. I thought Master of None handled this topic much better. Just started its Season 2 and it does get a little better.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I watched it as I'm a die-hard fan of the series. It was basically an hour-long commercial but I had fun with it.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:57 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I finished Season 2 of Ramy as well and I thought the series became great specially because each episode focuses on single character and its a great character study. The finale also does very well with marriage and break and getting into a complicated situation, would be interesting to see how Ramy reacts when its the same thing with his sister (if they follow that storyline).

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:02 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I just finished Sharp Objects, surprised how did Amy Adams not win (m)any for this? Patricia Clarkson was great but I felt this is a role she could have done in her sleep. Really liked Chris Messina's arc here as well (specially in the second half) and glad to see Sophia Lillis in a good but very small role.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:03 am
Forum General

Just got done binging the first five seasons of Better Call Saul and just when I was thinking about completely writing the show off Season 5 comes along and completely demolishes everything that has come before. Seriously, its that great and the closest to feeling like Breaking Bad IMO. Now, I honestly can't wait for Season 6.

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:45 pm
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I just finished Sharp Objects, surprised how did Amy Adams not win (m)any for this? Patricia Clarkson was great but I felt this is a role she could have done in her sleep. Really liked Chris Messina's arc here as well (specially in the second half) and glad to see Sophia Lillis in a good but very small role.

I was pretty disappointed with that. Loved the book and was so excited for the limited series but it didn't live up to its potential for me. Amy Adams was terrific though.

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:47 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Finally did "The Witcher" which got a lot better after an abysmal pilot. Yennifer is the best character by a landslide. Major fan of her.

I'm diving into "The Good Fight" and its fourth season. So good.

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next