Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 15th Annual WOKJ MP Awards - Full Winners List 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: 15th Annual WOKJ MP Awards - WINNERS CEREMONY LIVE
BEST EDITING

The nominees are:
A Quiet Place
Avengers Infinity War
BlacKkKlansman
Mission Impossible: Fallout
The Favourite

And the winner is...

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:01 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mission Impossible: Fallout
Runner-up: Avengers Infinity War (fell 2 votes short)

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:01 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Last year saw a dearth of powerhouse acting performances from female leads. The depth was so good that the voters at KJ pulled in a tie and added six gifted actresses to this category. We have 4 ladies portraying wives identifying loss, birth of a child, relationship turbulence and singing to grief. Then we have an eighth grader tackling middle-school along with a troubled woman who is trying to escape from her stalker. Here are the nominees for BEST ACTRESS

CAREY MULLIGAN - WILDLIFE

CHARLIZE THERON - TULLY

CLAIRE FOY - UNSANE

ELSIE FISHER - EIGHTH GRADE

LADY GAGA - A STAR IS BORN

TONI COLLETE - HEREDITARY

And the winner is...

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:05 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Lady Gaga - A Star is Born
Runner-up: (fell 3 votes short)

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:10 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

A powerful lead performance can take your out of your reality and transport into the movie's imagination.This year we saw actors in this category that challenged our sexuality, religious beliefs and depth of parenthood in front of crisis. While others played music that brought emotional ache as well as the experience of being in front of live audience. Here are the nominees for BEST ACTOR

ETHAN HAWKE - FIRST REFORMED

NICK ROBINSON - LOVE, SIMON

BRADLEY COOPER - A STAR IS BORN

JOHN KRASINSKI - A QUIET PLACE

RAMI MALEK - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

And the winner is...

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:14 pm
The Kramer

Wow you started these hella early but I like our winners so far. Spider-Man beating Annihilation in screenplay is the biggest upset so far. Totally killed Annihilation status as Best Picture favorite. I still think Fallout will get screwed by Gerard Butler though, so Infinity War for the win maybe?

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:18 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Rami Malek - Bohemian Rhapsody
Runner-up: (fell 2 votes short)

Bradley Cooper - A Star Is Born

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Wow you started these hella early but I like our winners so far. Spider-Man beating Annihilation in screenplay is the biggest upset so far. Totally killed Annihilation status as Best Picture favorite. I still think Fallout will get screwed by Gerard Butler though, so Infinity War for the win maybe?

I was wondering when someone will show up for these :funny:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 pm
100% That Bitch

A quiet Place ftw.

Can't believe I totally missed the deadlines

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 pm
The Kramer

Mehlek but I get why people are so enamored. I was just far more impressed by Cooper completely becoming an original character.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:27 pm
100% That Bitch

Also why did we send Emili Blunt to supporting when she's clearly a lead?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

That's where they put her during the awards season and I forgot to clarify :(

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:30 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

BEST DIRECTOR

Alex Garland is an English novelist, screenwriter, film producer and director. Garland made his directorial debut with Ex Machina and was nominated for an Oscar in the Best Writing, Original Screenplay category. He was drawn by the unconventional atmosphere, a very strong yet weird dreamlike aspect of the book
ALEX GARLAND - ANNIHILATION

Alfonso Cuaron is a multi-Oscar winner multi-talented filmmaker known for films like Gravity, Y Tu Mamá También and Children of Men. In Roma the director digs deep into his childhood"I think I wanted to understand, to put the pieces together"“[Jorge Luis] Borges talks about how memory is an opaque, shattered mirror, but I see it more as a crack in the wall. The crack is whatever pain happened in the past. We tend to put several coats of paint over it, trying to cover that crack. But it’s still there.”
ALFONSO CUARON - ROMA

In his directorial debut this multi-talented 7 time Oscar nominee takes a difficult road to make "A Star in Born". From convincing the studios on the couple to changing his breathing techniques and using his real life experiences this has been an emotional ride thus far for Bradley Cooper
BRADLEY COOPER - A STAR IS BORN

Christopher McQuarrie first came into limelight when he won the Oscar for The Usual Suspects. This year he was back in action for another thrilling installment of Mission Impossible franchise. In Fallout tried to get a little deeper into the psychology of Ethan Hunt, and paint a picture of a guy who literally feels like he has to choose between a personal life or the world, tried to get a little deeper into the psychology of Ethan Hunt, and you paint a picture of a guy who literally feels like he has to choose between a personal life or the world, giving an understanding of the loneliness of this character.
CHRISTOPHER McQUARRIE - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: FALLOUT

John Krasinski is famously known as Jim from the television series The Office (US version). This was his third time directing and most of it came by chance. Working for the first time and directing his wife Emily Blunt came naturally to him and that made this movie more closer to his heart. He even added more emphasis on parenthood drawing the emotions from birth of his second child
JOHN KRASINSKI - A QUIET PLACE

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:33 pm
100% That Bitch

Ok I may like John over Cuarón here

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:36 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

And the winner is ...

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:36 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
Also why did we send Emili Blunt to supporting when she's clearly a lead?
Check the noms thread bro. She was one vote away from making it for both Supporting and Lead for the same performance. I switched from Lead to supporting at the last minute since that's what she won the SAG for. Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz are also leads in The Favourite but are nevertheless in supporting.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:37 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Christopher McQuarrie - Mission Impossible: Fallout
Runner-up: (fell 1 vote short)

John Krasinski - A Quiet Place

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:38 pm
The Kramer

MCQ! Great pick. So we know Fallout was KJs favorite movie and will only lose BP because of a random vote-siphoner. Mau is probably right about AQP taking the top prize though.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:40 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Our first Best Picture nominee of the day is a modern horror thriller where a family of four must navigate their lives in silence after mysterious creatures that hunt by sound threaten their survival. "If they hear you, they hunt you." This dialogue-free movie touches upon loss, grief, madness and works as a parenthood metaphor "What would you REALLY do for your kids?". This is A QUIET PLACE

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:40 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Our second Best Picture nominee of the day is based on Jeff VanderMeer’s best-selling Southern Reach Trilogy where a group of military scientists enter "The Shimmer", a mysterious quarantined zone of mutating landscapes and animals. Written and directed by Alex Garland the story takes us through a different dimension of human-alien hybrid where the existence of human race will be tested. This is ANNIHILATION

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Our next nominee represents a massive cast of mighty heroes pitted against a ruthless self-proclaimed messiah who will devour half of earth's population by snapping his fingers after collecting the "Infinity Stones". In this penultimate, 10 years culmination of MCU and Avengers series our heroes are in race against time battle against Thanos who is collecting one stone after another over multiple planets before final showdown at Earth. This is AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This next Best Picture nominee is a cat-and-mouse thriller from Christian Gudegast where an elite unit of Los Angeles County's Sheriff's Department and a gang of ex-military men are on collision course as the criminals hatch an elaborate plan for a seemingly impossible heist -- the city's Federal Reserve Bank. The story revolves around Nick O'Brien (Gerard Butler) and Ray Merrimen (Pablo Schreiber) both use their expertise and tactical skills to get one up on each other. This is DEN OF THIEVES

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Our next Best Picture nominee this year is a horror movie about loss, grief, madness and cult. After the matriarch of the Graham family passes away, her daughter's family begins to unravel cryptic and increasingly terrifying secrets about their ancestry. This twist and tension filled movie written and directed by Ari Aster leads to an convulting and unconventional ending. This is HEREDITARY

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:45 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

In our final Best Picture nominee of the year we find Ethan Hunt and IMF team join forces with CIA to prevent a disaster of epic proportions. In this action thriller directed by Christopher McQuarrie, Ethan and his crew find themselves in race against time to prevent three plutonium cores from falling into a group of terrorists called Apostles. This is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: FALLOUT

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:45 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

And the Winner for 15th Annual WOKJ Motion Picture awards is.....

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next