Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 So....I’m out 
now we know

Post Re: So....I’m out
We're all adults, but Chippy is a typical liberal. He doesn't like something and he wants it banned, instead of being an adult and coping with things he doesn't like (like all other posters do). I don't like Chippy, but I would never campaign for his banning. I don't want a place with posters that only please me.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

It's frustrating to see Chippy leave not because of any bias but I feel he is one of the last few loyal posters on this forum that has no real issues like Magnus. Chippy has been around for so long much less with you. I'm sure he would have had seen even more stubborn posters than Algren during his time here.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:55 pm
now we know

Chippy is loyal? :rofl: He leaves whenever something doesn't go his way, and he posts on other box office forums. That's not the definition of loyal.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I don't think posting on other forums doesn't make him disloyal and he just left the forum last few years most likely after entering fatherhood.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:26 pm
Superfreak

Algren wrote:
Problem? Whatever, Excel. Not that it gives me any immunity, but I'm the most active poster here. Without me, the forum might already have died. At a time like this, the forum needs loyalty. You cannot question my loyalty. But we can certainly question yours and Chippy's. You hardly ever post, and Chippy leaves more frequently than his menstrual cycle. But if I'm such a big problem, then by all means contact Lecter/MadGez and get me banned. It won't be difficult to do. Then we'll see if the forum suddenly gets hundreds of members.

Why don't you just chill with the overly personal attacks ?

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 pm
now we know

Excel, personal attacks don't happen in a vacuum. Maybe I step it up a gear, but you all know that you attack me too. Chippy is not an angel. Why do Corpse or stuffp or Vanilla or Riggs never get attacked? Is it just a coincidence? Nope. It's because they don't venture into snide remarks or digs. Chippy does. And so he gets his comeuppance. If he is so weak that he cannot take it, then he shouldn't dish it out with such regularity. I, of course, look like the bad guy when Chippy plays the victim, which is exactly what he wants. But I think most members can see what really goes on, and that Chippy is not a choirboy.

I think most on here have learned to take the rough with the smooth. Take Corpse, for example. I've never ever said a bad word against him, but he just called me an "abrasive ass". Am I going to retaliate? Of course not. Attacks are part of life. Crying to Daddy Admin or "leaving the forum" is pathetic and immature.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Algren wrote:
"leaving the forum" is pathetic and immature.

Perhaps for some, but for me it was simply a rational response to a toxic environment. I no longer wished to contribute to the cesspool into which KJ has devolved. I prefer to write for a healthy community of spirited individuals. For the precious few good souls who remain, I wish you all the best.

Quote:
“What’s broken is broken — and I’d rather remember it as it was than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell

Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:28 am
Gamaur's sex slave

Do like I do with Chippy. As I noticed it was impossible to maintain a conversation and 90% of the replies being 'ok' or 'lol', and also tired of him insulting anyone who doesn't agree 100% with him, I decided to not lose any time at all and treat his posts like farts in an elevator, where you hold your breath and close your mouth and hope to arrive to your destination as quickly as possible.

Never had a problem while discussing with Algren. He can take what's thrown at him. Except for that time when I did some B.O. game and he was upset that I permitted Sparrow to join after the deadline although he had a thread with predictions created before it. That time I envisioned Algren wearing some Hello Kitty underwear, but that's another story...

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:40 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Algren wrote:
Who said I'm so great? I certainly did not. And to answer your question, it's the same reason everyone else hangs around here; habit. If I see a film, the first place I come to review it is here.

I didn't. It's just how I perceive how those you don't get along with here view you. I know you're not that great. :mer:

Same goes for my other comment. I, personally, don't get upset or offended by anything you say, but it's been very clear you rub some the wrong way with your behavior, your posting style, so much so that they say it's enough for them to leave the forum. It's just my perception that you're an abrasive ass in that way. I appreciate your activity here.

And again, I don't really believe any poster is the real reason for another poster leaving; it's one's own choice. Especially now...It was different 10-15 years ago when most of us were barely adult age, but we're all around 30-years-old now, some much older, so forum arguments should be handled with ease.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Algren wrote:
Excel, personal attacks don't happen in a vacuum. Maybe I step it up a gear, but you all know that you attack me too. Chippy is not an angel. Why do Corpse or stuffp or Vanilla or Riggs never get attacked? Is it just a coincidence? Nope. It's because they don't venture into snide remarks or digs. Chippy does. And so he gets his comeuppance. If he is so weak that he cannot take it, then he shouldn't dish it out with such regularity. I, of course, look like the bad guy when Chippy plays the victim, which is exactly what he wants. But I think most members can see what really goes on, and that Chippy is not a choirboy.

I think most on here have learned to take the rough with the smooth. Take Corpse, for example. I've never ever said a bad word against him, but he just called me an "abrasive ass". Am I going to retaliate? Of course not. Attacks are part of life. Crying to Daddy Admin or "leaving the forum" is pathetic and immature.

This response is mostly irrelevant and does nothing to dispute a few basic facts.

1. Your style is at least somewhat responsible for many active posters losing interest in the site.
2. This sentiment has lead to many posters visiting less or leaving entirely. To imply that you did not play an, at time very large, role in this is absurd and not up for discussion. Said posters directly blame you, so whatever response you have, I don't care about.

That is just what you have done to previous residents. With regards possibly attracting new site visitors?

3. Your posting style is more likely to repel a new, first time site visitor than it is to attract them to join the site.

I value about 80% of the quantity & quality of your posts, but the other 20% are certainly not something that I would tolerate. A little self-restraint would go a long way.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:32 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

That's something I don't like about assumptions made about Algren here. In most recent cases it had been me and him arguing the most, but regardless of that I think Algren is genuinely worried about Wokj's longetivity. He might not make the site "tolerable" for existing posters but I've never seen him being bad to new posters. I think he is sometimes even welcoming to new posters.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 pm
Superfreak

Easy to envision a potential poster reading his posts and opting not to join the discussion...

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:55 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Again that's stupid unless you have a proof. Do you really think BoT is any better than what Algren uses in here?

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:47 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Algren wrote:
Problem? I'm the most active poster here. Without me, the forum might already have died. .

LOL.

It's unfair to call him the problem though. The site keeps putting people with no business experience in charge. Why don't we close the site and all go to BOT? WOKJ is a fucking horrible name and ran its course. If the people in charge don't care why should we?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:31 pm
now we know

Well, Lecter runs his own very successful website, so he has the necessary experience. But he just doesn't care about KJ. That's the problem there. Who else has been "in charge"? Eagle. You're right about him, but then he created the site so not much can be done about that. I think you're wrong saying the site keeps putting people with no business experience in charge. We've had two owners and only one fits that bill (and he created the site!).

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

My point was, putting Excel in charge would be the nail in the coffin. If he really believes, start his own site and ask us to check it out, and we join if we want to. Much like how Eagle did when most of us were still at BOM, and many after joining didn't really go onto it until BOM killed the forums.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:38 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I don't remember the discussion here where someone said that Excel will run KJ.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 pm
Superfreak

Own isn't the same as run.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 pm
now we know

Thegun wrote:
My point was, putting Excel in charge would be the nail in the coffin.

Agreed.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I don’t see a problem with excel running the main site. It can’t be worse than having super relevant articles about Expendables 2 and The Campaign.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 pm
Superfreak

Algren wrote:
Thegun wrote:

Agreed.

Wrong, you would be quite impressed.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:37 pm
now we know

Well that's convinced me! Hand him the keys, Lecter.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Excel wrote:
Algren wrote:
Thegun wrote:

Agreed.

Wrong, you would be quite impressed.

I like some of your ideas but it's some of your views about forum members like Algren that I don't agree with. Though I agree anything in terms of getting more publicity is better than what we have today since Eagle tried to get some traction but failed.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 am
now we know

Eagle is a capable technician, not a marketer or entrepreneur. I'm struggling to see Excel as any of these things. A few decent ideas that have all been mentioned hundreds of times before anyway, is not enough. Basically, he's a minute taker.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
It can’t be worse than having super relevant articles about Expendables 2 and The Campaign.

And The Campaign article is a dead link even...

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next