Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Blue Is the Warmest Color - February 11th 
Pure Phase

Post Blue Is the Warmest Color - February 11th

Quote:
The colorful, electrifying romance that took the Cannes Film Festival by storm courageously dives into a young woman’s experiences of first love and sexual awakening. Blue Is the Warmest Color stars the remarkable newcomer Adèle Excharpoulos as a high schooler who, much to her own surprise, plunges into a thrilling relationship with a female twentysomething art student, played by Léa Seydoux. Directed by Abdellatif Kechiche, this finely detailed, intimate epic sensitively renders the erotic abandon of youth. It has captivated international audiences and been widely embraced as a defining love story for the new century.

Disc Features:

- New high-definition digital transfer, approved by director Abdellatif Kechiche, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
- Trailer and TV spot
- New English subtitle translation

PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic B. Ruby Rich

A full special edition treatment of this film will follow at a later date.

I hope "a full special edition treatment of this film will follow at a later date" does not become standard operating procedure for Criterion.

Otherwise, I am super excited. This is such a poignant, sexy, and incredibly well-acted film. A day-one purchase. Chances are I will double dip, too.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Last edited by David on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:35 pm
Begging Naked

Post Re: Blue Is the Warmest Color - February 11th
Considering how costly Criterions are, I'll hold off for the "full special edition treatment" and buy their Fantastic Mr. Fox release instead. So happy I never actually bought that movie.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Yes, I'm probably going to double dip as well. :( So bummed about a special edition coming later. I wish it would have been loaded with special features right away. But I really loved this film and can't hold off on buying it.

How dare they have that sticker on this saying "Special Edition." :P

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:57 pm
Wallflower

This is only $17.47 on Amazon right now. I'd pre-order it before the price goes up. At that price I don't even mind double dipping so much later on. I thought it would be expensive like most Criterion releases. List price is just $24.99, well below the $39.99 of most.

This is for the Blu-ray, BTW. Watch the DVD cost more :P.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]