Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Derby - What do you like? 
Site Owner

Post Derby - What do you like?
It often helps to know what aspects of the derby you like, as we can pair that information with what you DON'T like, and find ways to improve other functionality in a manner consistent with what you enjoy. It also helps us to find things you already love, that we could improve even further.

So with that I ask: With the derby now underway, what do you like about this version?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Deshi Basara

Post Re: Derby - What do you like?
I kind of feel sorry for this thread having no replies! I guess right now we're just focusing on how to improve though.

Well, I like the candle chart of results - a keeper for sure I think. What's interesting about this derby so far is that unlike with BOM there are only serious entries - no weird entries with absurd or random predictions. That makes the minimum scores very high.

On that note, I'm thinking that the graph for the candle charts would look better if the y axis reflected the range of actual scores we've had, rather than the entire 0-100 range - there's a lot of empty real estate there and if the axis were like say 40-100 but the same length we could see things a bit more clearly.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:04 pm
The Wall

Eagle already said that once the "no weeks" leave the chart it will take space from (I'm guessing) the widest range of the available results. That being said I still have no idea what that chart shows... LOL

Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

be.redy's got it right, once we get a full quarter under our belts, the chart will do exactly what you want and dynamically expand/contract to the results. Each no week is basically a 0/0 score, so it has to account for 0 currently.

As for the thread, the main reason for positive feedback is that knowing what you really like helps to drive where we focus on expanding / improving what we offer.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Deshi Basara

Ah, I see - I missed that detail.

be.redy - the chart represents the distribution of scores each week. The long line represents the full range of scores that week (from very lowest to very highest), while the box represents the middle 50% of scores, or in other words the range of scores not counting the top and bottom quarter. So if there are 40 scores in the week the box will show the range without the top 10 and bottom 10.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:36 pm
The Wall

Ah. Good to now. I don't see the point, but if people like it, go at it. :yes: To me it looks like a mixing board in a music studio. :shades:

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Heh, it's meant to show you how the derby as a whole has fared over the past quarter. How has everyone done week to week, the highs and lows, etc.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]