Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Recommend Some Xbox One Games For Me! 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Recommend Some Xbox One Games For Me!
So, I picked up an Xbox One S over the weekend. I was really wanting to finally play Overwatch and my husband was interested in the Rare Replay collection and Halo games, so the Xbox One won out over the PS4. We also picked up the latest Naruto Ninja Storm and WWE2K17.

I've been a Nintendo customer for, well, mostly forever (some PC/Sony experience) and I'm quite unfamiliar with the Xbox library. I'm more of a casual gamer these days, and local coop is very important, so take that into consideration. I know that some 360 titles are now backward compatible with the Xbox One, so if there's anything on that list that's great, feel free to recommend those as well.

I really like RPGs, but I know that most RPGs these days are 100-200+ hour adventures, and I probably wouldn't have the time to get into those, unfortunately.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Recommend Some Xbox One Games For Me!
Dragon Age: Inquisition! There's also a pirate themed game called Sea of Thieves coming up.

Overwatch will keep you plenty busy though.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've been looking into Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Witcher 3. If you (or anyone else here) have played both, which combat system is more... basic?

I don't really want a very complex, strategic, in-depth combat system. If I had several hours to sink into the game on a daily/weekly basis, sure, but I don't want to pick up the controller a week later and have to remember which buttons I necessarily have to hit to be successful.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I haven't played Witcher 3, but being familiar with the series and with Dragon Age, I'm almost certain that Dragon Age is the more basic of the two.

It only just came out, and I've only played it for a bit, but Final Fantasy XV is shaping up to be quite a nice RPG. From what I've heard it's not a huge time investment either, at least not if you stick to the main story, and the combat isn't incredibly complex BUT thankfully not turnbased as so many FF games in the past were. If turnbased is your thing though, one of the two combat modes available is more comparable to it.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:49 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Final Fantasy XV is a game I'm somewhat interested in, and it's nice that it received an XBox One release. I'd rather wait until a price drop on it, though.

I read they have to move over 10 million copies to break even, so it's understandable that they'd want to reach as many gamers as possible. And it reportedly sold over 5 million copies already, so good for them.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

FF15 will be $40 in two weeks no matter how it sells. Late November and December games' prices always tank quickly.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:47 am
The Kramer

I'd also recommend Rocket League. You and your bf can play local co op or online. Everybody likes Rocket League though, and its only $20!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]