Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Nintendo Switch 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Nintendo Switch

http://www.nintendo.com/switch

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:32 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Nintendo Switch
Looks OK. I'll get it at $200 though Im guessing it will start at $300. I feel like I need to buy Breath of the Wild on Wii U to justify purchasing that system first.

The new 3D mario might get me to bite though...

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:59 am
---------

Pretty great - this is what the Wii U should have been.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:51 pm
Ocarina of Time

Absolutely fantastic!

1. Justice League
2. Wonder Woman
3. Coco
4. Dunkirk
5. Star Wars The Last Jedi

Image Image

Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:54 pm
Romosexual!

I'll get it just to play the newest mario game

Wonder Woman A
Logan A
John Wick 2 B+
Beauty and the Beast A-
Guardians 2 B+
Spider-Man:Homecoming A-
It A
Thor:Ragnork B-
War of the Planet of the Apes
Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
Fast 8 B-

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:44 pm
The Kramer

Looks like the price is gon a be $250. I guess that's fine. It absolutely needed to be cheaper than ps4 and xbone slim models.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:54 pm
The Kramer

OMG Breath of the Wild might not be ready for launch. This shit was supposed to come out in 2015!!

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:58 am
The Kramer

$300? Meh. Paying for online? Double meh? 2.5 hour battery life? Triple meh.

Games look great though. Mario Odyssey makes it a must buy if Splatoon hasn't gotten me yet.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:15 am

Paying for online? Wow Nintendo! This is what separated you.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:16 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm most positive on everything, besides a few pricing decisions.

PROS:

+No Region Lock (MAJOR positive! Importing is finally going to happen.)
+Significant Square Enix support.
+Various PS4/XBONE ports shows the system is at least capable of supporting most games that either of them can, so third party support should be strong for awhile.
+Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - It's a new Zelda, on launch day.
+Super Mario Odyssey - Finally, the next sandbox Mario and it looks like the most ambitious Mario game in a very long time.
+Splatoon 2 - Given that the original game kept the Wii U relevant for over a year, this one was a no brainer. But to be getting it just a few months after launch? That's awesome, and proves how important this franchise has become to Nintendo.
+Fire Emblem Warriors - Should be a lot of fun, and hopefully it gets released this year. Nintendo just announced a Direct next week for Fire Emblem, so maybe a release date/window will be announced, too.
+Shin Megami Tensei - It's about time!

NEGATIVES:

-It's early, more could be announced, but the Launch titles are underwhelming.
-Very expensive controllers: Pro Controller ($69.99), Joy-Cons ($79.99).
-32GB Memory: I recently began deleting data from my Wii U due to the low memory, so this doesn't seem appealing. However, carts should provide better internal storage space, so maybe 32GB will be fine - SD cards are reasonably priced these days, too.
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: It's great to have an improved Battle Mode and additional courses and characters, but having to pay $59 for that is annoying.

NEUTRAL:

=Payed online services: If it means stronger connectivity, less lagging/disconnecting, I fully support the decision; otherwise, it'll be an unnecessary expense.
=Mobility: It's a nice feature, and it'll definitely appeal to many (particularly in Japan), but personally, I don't see myself undocking the Switch very often.
=Battery Life: It'll truly come down to hands-on experience with the system, and whether 2.5/3 undocked will be an issue.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

32? I know they're going cartridges, but I assumed they would have a heavy online presence.A single ps4 game wouldn't fit. Weak sauce.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:10 pm
The Kramer

No virtual console at launch. :(

Though despite Nintendo doing all their usual anti-costumer things, I still traded in my wii u and preordered it. And also paid the ridiculous $50 for Bomberman. :lol: So I'm part of the problem. The handheld side of it just looks so cool though and I couldn't resist.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

We pre-ordered last month. Zelda will provide plenty of entertainment, but I wish Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Splatoon 2 had been launch titles as well - it'll be a slow Spring as a result for us, but the 2017 slate is very solid IF, and that's a big IF, all the announced 2017 titles make their release dates.

And surely they have one or two big unannounced games prepared for an E3 announcement for 2017 (c'mon rumored main series Pokemon)... I hope.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Tonight! Or maybe tomorrow. I haven't decided yet.

I'd give Pokemon Stars a .01% chance of being on Switch this year. It'd probably be smarter to just do a beefy remake of Red/Blue with Pokemon as the title. Retro has had a long time since Tropical Freeze though. I'm betting we get something from them in either the fall or spring. I'd be equally fine with more DK or new Metroid. Same with atleast a port of Smash 4.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:04 pm
The Kramer

I like the Joycon Grip alot more than I thought I would. Which is a relief since I now won't have to spend another $70 on a pro controller. The individual joy cons are pretty tough to play though and so far I've just used it as a small wiimote rather than an SNES like controller.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:03 pm
---------

I gotta do some troubleshooting on my left one - it keeps disconntecting and causing me to run off cliffs as Link.

Other than that, it's been pretty neat. Breath of the Wild is just... amazing so far.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I went to a GameStop midnight release, and it was so insane - very disorganized, and had upwards of 75-100 people there. They had you "finalize" your pre-order before giving you a number, which depending on the console you wanted (Neon or Grey), determined your place in line then based on the time of your initial receipt at the time of the pre-order...WAY over-complicated. It went smoothly once everyone got in their designated position though.

My husband has actually NEVER played a Legend of Zelda game before, so I'm waiting for him to finish work tonight before playing since I want him to experience it first.

Reviews are so crazy for Breath of the Wild, too! Over a 98% average (98.15%) with 40 reviews currently in.

Last edited by Corpse on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

MGKC wrote:
I gotta do some troubleshooting on my left one - it keeps disconnecting and causing me to run off cliffs as Link.

Other than that, it's been pretty neat. Breath of the Wild is just... amazing so far.

Did you update the console with the joy-cons connected? I haven't played with it yet, but I was reading about some issues about the left joy-con that the Day 1 update seems to have "mostly" fixed (still some reported problems).

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
---------

Corpse wrote:
MGKC wrote:
I gotta do some troubleshooting on my left one - it keeps disconnecting and causing me to run off cliffs as Link.

Did you update the console with the joy-cons connected? I haven't played with it yet, but I was reading about some issues about the left joy-con that the Day 1 update seems to have "mostly" fixed (still some reported problems).

Yep - used them to actually go through the update process. Just seems to be a bluetooth issue and as I can get it to disconnect just by covering it with my hand the right way.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:53 am
---------

Corpse wrote:
I went to a GameStop midnight release, and it was so insane - very disorganized, and had upwards of 75-100 people there. They had you "finalize" your pre-order before giving you a number, which depending on the console you wanted (Neon or Grey), determined your place in line then based on the time of your initial receipt at the time of the pre-order...WAY over-complicated. It went smoothly once everyone got in their designated position though.

My husband has actually NEVER played a Legend of Zelda game before, so I'm waiting for him to finish work tonight before playing since I want him to experience it first.

Reviews are so crazy for Breath of the Wild, too! Over a 98% average (98.15%) with 40 reviews currently in.

Can't believe the reviews have been that great. I'm not too far in it, but so far it's crazy good. Loving the cooking and hunting aspects.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:54 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hopefully you can get the issue resolved soon, be it on your end or via Nintendo. We didn't experience any issues with the left Joy-Con ourselves (we have the Neon version) while using the Joy-Cons for a few hours each. We both prefer the Classic Controller, though, and have switched to it when playing on the TV.

We're playing Breath of the Wild on two separate profiles, and will be going through the game experiencing it together. We're both currently on our way toward the Dueling Peaks (he'll want to go back to the Plateau though because I discovered some Korok seeds and several chests he missed today), after ~5/6 hours of gameplay. He's never played a Zelda game, and he's absolutely loving this one so far, whilst becoming a hoarder in-game in the process.

There's so much to enjoy so far, but my favorite things are:

>The sound and visual (environmental) effects are superb. There are times, when in safe locations, I just stand and listen for awhile
>The voice-acting is great, and a refreshing addition. Diehards will be pleased.
>The difficulty is well-balanced. The past couple Zelda titles have been on the easy side, but this one is noticeably more challenging so far.
>The weapon system is welcomed. I'm sure you can acquire more slots later on, but having to decide what to keep on you, and how often to use them (e.g. an extra sword for combat, maybe a torch for fires, or an axe for chopping down trees?) is proving very worthwhile.
>The cooking system, while pretty simple, is addicting and I found myself regularly just looking for new or extra ingredients - can't wait to see what I'll find outside the Plateau to experiment with.

The only "issue" I've encountered are the occasional frame-rate drops, but they only last for a couple seconds and mainly occur in areas with a lot of grass/woodlands. And interestingly enough, the frame-rate drop is less prevalent in handheld mode. This is such a minor issue, however, that it doesn't affect the game in the slightest, especially since there are NO load times between areas.

Also, I read earlier today that it takes ~1 hours and 20 minutes to walk from one side of the map to the other. And the Great Plateau (the smallest region on the map), reportedly the size of Twilight Princess's entire world, is only 1%, a measly 1%, of the map...

Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
---------

That sounds about right - you can press the - button to see the world map and zoom out.

Definitely collect those Korak seeds - you'll find them pretty useful in a little bit.

I made it to the first temple and broke all my bows by the time I made it to the final boss. I'll need to go out and collect some more stuff first and then try that boss again.
The temple is amazingly cool though - it's in the Zora homeland.

Can't wait for you to go beyond the Great Plateau - it's insane and terrifying and wonderful all at the same time.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 pm
The Kramer

Snipperclips is great. I highly recommend to anyone looking for fun couch co op.

Bomberman is not great unfortunately. Luckily Gamestop still had the trade bump and I was able to get most of my money back.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:32 pm
The Kramer

Bayonetta 3! Hopefully we will get it by the end of the year.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Exciting and unexpected announcement. Sales were reportedly low for Bayonetta 2 since it was a Wii U exclusive, but they must have been enough to continue -- plus Platinum has Nintendo helping fund them, so it makes sense to develop another on the Switch which is having near-Wii level of success so far.

Also, Bayonetta 1 and 2 are being ported on the Switch in February.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]