Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Nintendo Switch 
The Kramer

Post Re: Nintendo Switch
A solid Nintendo Direct today with the highlight being Mario Tennis. After the last few entries I won’t get my hopes up too high, but it looks like this one atleast got rid of the power ups.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm glad it was called a "mini" direct, since that's exactly what it was -- just enough to give fans a few updates before any major announcements leading up to E3 in the Summer.

The World Ends With You: Final Remix is such a random, outta nowhere port. Don't get me wrong, I highly enjoyed the game on the DS, but it was released 10 years ago... I'll probably pick this one up regardless, and have to admit I'm pretty excited for it as well. I just hope it's not $60...

I'm still not entirely sold on Pokken Tournament even with the newly announced DLC. It definitely needs its roster to be expanded, so the more Pokemon announced the better, but I don't know... Tekken-style fighters are okay, but have very poor replay value to me. Maybe one day when (rather if) it goes on sale at some point I'll get it.

I'll pass on the Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition. I already have Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) with all the DLC, so adding some of the 3DS version exclusive characters and content isn't enough for me to double dip there. And it'll definitely be $60 since it's Zelda. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe didn't add much over the Wii U version either, but the much larger online community versus the Wii U version will keep it relevant for years. I'm probably going to pick up Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze later this year, though.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA looks interesting. I might consider buying it if reviews are strong and the gameplay is a respectable length.

And all the small DLC announced is fine. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle was definitely a surprise last year; very fun, and at times, challenging, so getting to add Donkey Kong to the party is nice. The Balloon mini-game for Super Mario Odyssey seems alright, but I'll probably suck at it since I'm sure most people will hide the balloons in nigh impossible to reach locations (I'm not very good at the crazy hat tricks everyone's perfecting).

I have little interest in Dark Souls: Remastered, but it's certainly a title that should expand Nintendo's base and is a win for them.

Also, the sales for the Switch are incredible -- the fastest selling console ever in a 10 month period. I'm sure they'll be an abundance of more ports from the Playstation/Xbox making their way to the console in the next year or two.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Great direct. That Smash trailer has everyone hyped. No one can sell a port better than Nintendo. :funny:

Also happy about the Captain Toad remake. Always wanted to try that out, but couldn’t do it on Wii U. I wish we were getting Luigi’s Mansion. Who wants to find their 3DS? Hopefully it will be ported over along with Samus Returns.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:44 pm
The Kramer

Actually there are a lot signs pointing towards this being the official Smash 5. Would love that to be true!

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:31 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, they're keeping whether or not Smash is a port up in the air right now. My guess is that it'll mostly be a port, but have an additional game mode (story), new characters/maps, new features, etc. Similar to how Splatoon 2, while not a port of Splatoon, is very similar and didn't change too much.

I'd be highly impressive if it's an entirely new game, given how long it typically takes them (Sakurai) to develop the Smash games. If this is true, I'd bet on it being pushed to early/mid-2019.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:18 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

They don't really need to change the mechanics of Smash 4, it is such a great game. However, while I'm sure Smash 4 Deluxe would sell like ten million copies, Smash 5 sells ten million Switches. We need at least ten new characters and a new single player mode.

For new characters we have tons of options:

Squidling
Marina
Ice Climbers
Decidueye
Revali
Geno
Cranky Kong
Shovel Knight
Something Bethesda related
Madeline from Celeste
Captain Toad
Something from Arms
Super Meat Boy

Could go on forever actually lol, so I'll just stop there.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, there are plenty of new characters to include.

I don't know why I didn't think of the Champions from Breath of the Wild until you mentioned Revali... I want all four of them now and will probably be disappointed if they're excluded.

And watch Rabbid Peach make it in.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Looks like we are gonna get two versions of a Yellow remake, called Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee, before getting to a new Pokemon game. It’s a little disappointing, but I guess they can use this as practice for seeing what will and won’t work on the Switch. And from a business perspective it makes sense to capitalize on Pokemon Go, going all the way back to the most familiar setting and critters.

Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm fine with this since Generation 7 isn't even 2 years old yet (and Ultra Sun and Moon are only 7 months old). I'm perfectly okay with waiting another year for a Generation 8.

And I'm doubting these rumors, if true, are true remakes of Yellow. I actually think I read that Red and Blue are characters in the story this time, and that we'll be playing as new characters. I'm guessing they'll be more of a re-imagining versus more traditional remake.

Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2