Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Dilemmas and Decisions 
The Original

Post Re: Dilemmas and decisions
Make a move or the chance will go.....and it seems if that happens it will nag and burn in your soul for a very very long time.

So make the move and if it will not turn out well than you know at least that it might not have happen anyway and you can move on.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:30 am
You must have big rats

Maybe. Though nothing has ever nagged and burned in my soul for a very very long time before, so I am not sure about that.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

She knows. If there was going to be a problem, she would be acting weird. Either she is also interested, or she is fine with still being your friend despite unrequited feelings and she won't let it get weird.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:32 am
You must have big rats

My gut feeling tells me she doesn't know or simply ignores it.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Algren wrote:
Ok, so the new one is Melissa Benoist. Who did ex resemble?

Dunno. I'm not good at this.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Have you considered liking some of her cute instagram or facebook pictures.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:10 pm
You must have big rats

I don't use instagram. Not sure if she does. She's not very active on Facebook either and I think randomly liking someone's pics unless they just put them up is kinda creepy. I think she has liked more of my pics in the past than I liked of hers.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

Shack wrote:
Have you considered liking some of her cute instagram or facebook pictures.

:huh:

I guess next time when you and her are alone just tell her that you love her and if she feels the same? Keep it simple like that.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:30 pm
You must have big rats

Yeah. Which is why I was pissed off at myself for not doing anything last night because we were alone for five hours. But I guess the recent breakup - which did receive a wide attention among my circle of friends because we are all pretty close - did hurt my courage and self-confidence more than I thought. Because I simply couldn't bring myself to do it.

My birthday pub crawl is coming up next Friday, but I increasingly beliee that it is not the right venue to deal with that sort of thing. Though I might feel more comfortable surrounded by my friends ona night dedicated to me, I think this puts way more pressure on her than she (someone who is generally a rather shy and distant person) would like.

Also, just to clarify, I am not in love with her or love her. Of course that is only semantics, but love is something that develops for me with time. She is a crush at the moment. I like spending time with her a lot and I am attracted to her. That is what I am planning to tell her.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Dr. Lecter wrote:
I don't use instagram. Not sure if she does. She's not very active on Facebook either and I think randomly liking someone's pics unless they just put them up is kinda creepy.

Jesus. You overthink everything. It is honestly exhausting to watch you reject every single idea because when it boils down to it you're just a coward (yes, I know you already said this about yourself earlier in the thread, just saying that it's exhausting).

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Last edited by Algren on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

You haven't even tried to find her hot pictures on instagram? Step your creeper game up

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:18 pm
The Original

hmmm...she is introverted/shy but goes to dance classes with you hangs around with you alone...

Tell her you are about to fall in love with her and if she can imagine to move a step further.

She doesnt seem like the woman that does need a huge show!

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:51 pm
Devil's Advocate

Honestly, you've had girlfriends before, you've made your feelings known to them before - Just do what worked before for you. Even if it's a letter. Nobody knows how to woo girls your type more than you do

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:51 pm
Hold the door!

You may not be in love with her, but you don't even love her platonically?

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:26 pm
The Original

zwackerm wrote:
You may not be in love with her, but you don't even love her platonically?

:huh:

uhmmm...what?

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I vote for the Facebook liking thing. Not just like everything you see, but if you're friends there's absolutely no shame in going through her gallery and liking a few pictures - if you actually like them, that is. I doubt she'd make too much of it, and if she did ask you why you did it... well, there's your opening to just be honest to her about your feelings. You've got to at some point, and sooner is better than later. I'd find it extremely weird if I was friends with someone while they had all of the feelings for me and I wasn't told. If she's into you as well, all you're really doing here is creating lost time.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:59 pm
You must have big rats

Algren wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
I don't use instagram. Not sure if she does. She's not very active on Facebook either and I think randomly liking someone's pics unless they just put them up is kinda creepy.

Jesus. You overthink everything. It is honestly exhausting to watch you reject every single idea because when it boils down to it you're just a coward (yes, I know you already said this about yourself earlier in the thread, just saying that it's exhausting).

There is just more at stake here than usual and I have never been in a situation like this before.

And the Facebook thing IS creepy. Even if I wasn't thinking that myself (which I am), just recently a (female) friend of mine told me how creepy she thinks it is that a relatively new friend of hers went back and liked several of her oldier pictures.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Shack wrote:
You haven't even tried to find her hot pictures on instagram? Step your creeper game up

I wrote before that she is modelling as a hobby. I don't need Instagram to see hot pics of her.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Shack wrote:
Honestly, you've had girlfriends before, you've made your feelings known to them before - Just do what worked before for you. Even if it's a letter. Nobody knows how to woo girls your type more than you do

I've already been in a relationship with each of them before I told them that I loved them. That was easier.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

FILMO wrote:
hmmm...she is introverted/shy but goes to dance classes with you hangs around with you alone...

Tell her you are about to fall in love with her and if she can imagine to move a step further.

She doesnt seem like the woman that does need a huge show!

That is how it will most likely happen.

I am just not sure whether I will tell her or just take her hand or put my arm around her. It will depend on the moment. I think a rejection in the latter option is probably more hurtful (person pulling away).

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Algren wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

There is just more at stake here than usual and I have never been in a situation like this before.

And the Facebook thing IS creepy. Even if I wasn't thinking that myself (which I am), just recently a (female) friend of mine told me how creepy she thinks it is that a relatively new friend of hers went back and liked several of her oldier pictures.

It is only creepy because girls are fickle bitches. They want the interest, but they also want to hold their nose up at people. Liking images on Facebook isn't creepy in the slightest. Why do you think girls put images on Facebook? I'll tell you one thing, it ain't to be ignored.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Algren wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Algren wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

It is only creepy because girls are fickle bitches. They want the interest, but they also want to hold their nose up at people. Liking images on Facebook isn't creepy in the slightest. Why do you think girls put images on Facebook? I'll tell you one thing, it ain't to be ignored.

But in reality it doesn't matter why it is this way. Fickle bitches or not, it is the way it is.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Disagree. It's not creepy to normal people that are down to Earth. I mean, so what if you checked out someone's older photos. Who gives a shit.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Then let me put it this way: over here, the majority of people I know would find it weird at least. Certainly not flattering. So that's what matters. Doesn't even apply to girls only. It happened to me before too and I thought it was weird.

Besides, I will not use Facebook or any other social media as a tie-in for this kind of thing. In the end, the more direct approach will be the best one. It won't be a letter or Facebook or whatbot. It will be something akin to what FILMO has written. The only remaining questions are when I will feel that the time is right and whether it will be a verbal or a physical approach. I assume the latter will just happen spontaneously one way or another.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I know of guys (and girls) who have been living with a crush for a year or even several years and I frankly do not know how they did it (or are doing it). My longest crush has never lasted for more than 6-7 weeks until it either dissolved or I acted upon it. When I acted upon it, it led to a happy ending once and to a not so happy one another time.

Right now, this thing hampers my regular life because I cannot concentrate on work. The work is suffering and since I am essentially working for myself, I cannot let that happen. Even worse, it led to me currently losing most interest in going to the movies...which is usually the very last thing I ever lose interest in. I even skipped press screenings of a few films that interested me this week because I felt a total lack of motivation to do...well, anything. That alone is the main reason why I will do something about it. I don't know how people hold on to crushes for a very very long time.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next