Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 So....I’m out 
Author Message
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 62179
Post Re: So....I’m out
Post counting in the lull of September is not a good idea.


Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:12 am
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 29299
Post Re: So....I’m out
Yep but those numbers are terrifyingly low. The downs are very very low where at times it's just 2 of us posting for a few days.


Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 am
Profile
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20268
Location: Places
Post Re: So....I’m out
Shack wrote:
mark66 wrote:
Oh boy, what's going on here? What's all the doom and gloom about?

There were always down phases at KJ followed by lots of activity. The same thing is happening over at BOT - There are weekends over there when the weekend thread is 200 pages long and other times it's just 20 pages. The movie business is cyclical - and you all should know that (my homepage has its up and downs as well).

I like the fact that KJ is not overrun by hundreds of people who know basically nothing about b.o. - that's why I left the BOM forum 13 years ago to join KJ and I never bothered to join the BOT forum (even though I read some stuff over there).


The problem is that KJ is adding literally 0 new posters, but people leave on a regular basis. With that pattern there is only one ending

I did a rough count and KJ had around 50 posts today, around 10 was this thread and the other save KJ one, without them it would be barely 40, that's with 6 posts by Corpse in the Japan box office thread. It seems to be there could easily be days in the 30s or less. Where is the breaking point? Can it survive on 20 a day? There is a tipping point probably that leads to a ghost town feel and more people abandoning ship. I remember when the filmgasm forum was around and while there was some posters hanging around until the end like loyal posting about Game of Thrones every once in a while and Libs and her probable alt account filmlover posting some numbers and reviews, it was obvious the air was out of the balloon and wasn't coming back


What I would argue is by far the most alarming is the lack of activity around the event times (oscars, blockbusters / record breakers). Activity surrounding Last Jedi, Oscar Season, Avenger IW, Incredibles 2, etc was weak compared to even just 3 years ago with TFA, JW, and A:AoU come out. That was obviously down massively from the 2011-2012 which also behind the peak 2007-2009 run.

KJ can survive the the lulls if people turn out when there is obviously something to analyze or discuss.TFA was nostalgia for the 2000s crowd and prompted discussion, I fear nothing other a TDK/Potter film will rouse that type of interest again.

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 62179
Post Re: So....I’m out
All we need to do now is get Warner Bros. on board.


Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:55 am
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 29299
Post Re: So....I’m out
Algren wrote:
All we need to do now is get Warner Bros. on board.

:funny:


Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 29299
Post Re: So....I’m out
So with all the talk about new improvements to this forum we need to assess funding capabilities for these changes. I know a lot of people are enthusiastic about funding the site but we never had a number (there are multiple threads for this). So I decided to start a fresh one and please be mindful of the number because it might not get you any special benefits and its most likely because of the love for this forum. Your commitment could change at a time but let's be mindful of others' time and efforts and do not commit if you have even slightest of doubt. PM me separately, come through a group or just post your numbers in the thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84786


Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 am
Profile
We had our time together
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:36 am
Posts: 13064
Location: Vienna
Post Re: So....I’m out
Sorry to hear that, Magnus. I always enjoyed reading your reviews. Hope you'll be back some day.


Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:54 am
Profile WWW
Sbil
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 48341
Location: Multi-tasking
Post Re: So....I’m out
Algren wrote:
stuffp wrote:
So I read somewhere to have a buzzing forum it needs:

5. an engaging owner
4. a member that always gets offended and occasionally leave the forum, only to come back a bit later
3. a deep member, that drops all the deep quotes, prayers maybe, that give you all the philosophy
2. a member that always posts jokes that gets ignored
1. a wildcard who posts outrageous things

KJ is like 2 or 3 out of 5 recently?


I count just two.

5 - no
4 - Chippy and Libs
3 - no
2 - FILMO
1 - no


I didn't "come back," though. Posting a couple of random box office thoughts is not a comeback, lol.

This forum is not a healthy environment for me so I will never be an active poster again. At this point, with some space and distance over the last year and a half, I have no connection to KJ anymore. I'm part of a different online community now where I feel much more free and enjoy conversing than I have on KJ probably ever.

Truthfully I don't really see this place surviving much longer with the rut everything seems to be in, but I hope it does for those in some capacity for those who still feel connected to it. Even you, Algren!

Shack wrote:
Libs and her probable alt account filmlover posting some numbers and reviews


Also, this is rich after the shit you put me through like a decade ago. Guess what? I'm still not, and have never been, filmlover. All filmlover does wherever he posts now is regurgitate things other people say in an attempt to come across as hip. I know exactly who you are on AW too. I forgive but I don't forget.


Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:11 pm
Posts: 8717
Location: Kentucky Bluegrass
Post Re: So....I’m out
We've lost some good posters here but I contend we still retain a higher percentage of analytical B.O. minds than many other forums. If I want some perspective on a film or the industry, I still post/look here first.

_________________
Making Predictions Great Again!


Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:17 pm
Profile
No pride
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 30085
Post Re: So....I’m out
Libs wrote:
Algren wrote:
stuffp wrote:
So I read somewhere to have a buzzing forum it needs:

5. an engaging owner
4. a member that always gets offended and occasionally leave the forum, only to come back a bit later
3. a deep member, that drops all the deep quotes, prayers maybe, that give you all the philosophy
2. a member that always posts jokes that gets ignored
1. a wildcard who posts outrageous things

KJ is like 2 or 3 out of 5 recently?


I count just two.

5 - no
4 - Chippy and Libs
3 - no
2 - FILMO
1 - no


I didn't "come back," though. Posting a couple of random box office thoughts is not a comeback, lol.

This forum is not a healthy environment for me so I will never be an active poster again. At this point, with some space and distance over the last year and a half, I have no connection to KJ anymore. I'm part of a different online community now where I feel much more free and enjoy conversing than I have on KJ probably ever.

Truthfully I don't really see this place surviving much longer with the rut everything seems to be in, but I hope it does for those in some capacity for those who still feel connected to it. Even you, Algren!

Shack wrote:
Libs and her probable alt account filmlover posting some numbers and reviews


Also, this is rich after the shit you put me through like a decade ago. Guess what? I'm still not, and have never been, filmlover. All filmlover does wherever he posts now is regurgitate things other people say in an attempt to come across as hip. I know exactly who you are on AW too. I forgive but I don't forget.


You seem happier on AW so you're probably better off not even lurking KJ anymore tbh. Too many weird men here, myself included

_________________
Follow WOKJ's official box office account twitter.com/wokjboxoffice


Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:57 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 29299
Post Re: So....I’m out
I believe its time to put this thread back into Water Cooler.


Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:20 am
Profile
007
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 9469
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Post Re: So....I’m out
I still miss Magnus.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 pm
Profile
Lick my balls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Australia
Post Re: So....I’m out
Miss list:
Magnus
Lecter/Argos
Chippy
And probably half the posters still posting.


Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:57 am
Profile
Lick my balls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Australia
Post Re: So....I’m out
Okay... surely this has been up here for long enough.


Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:45 pm
Profile
Cream of the Crop
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: Germany
Post Re: So....I’m out
He's still out though.

_________________
"Acting is the only thing I'm good at."
- Freddie Prinze jr.


Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.


Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Lick my balls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Australia
Post Re: So....I’m out
Good point.

In that case, big opportunity for anyone wanting the task of memorialising the other 6800 non posters. They probs deserve some cred too.


Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:27 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 14418
Location: Classified
Post Re: So....I’m out
It is motivation. Dark were the days after Magnus left, but I think we have recovered pretty well. Life found a way.


Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile
Lick my balls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Australia
Post Re: So....I’m out
Life always finds a way.


Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile
Lick my balls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Australia
Post Re: So....I’m out
Gamaur wrote:
Miss list:
Magnus
Lecter/Argos
Chippy
And probably half the posters still posting.


Adding:

libs
BKB


Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 62179
Post Re: So....I’m out
Libs and Chippy still post regularly.


Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:21 am
Profile
Lick my balls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Australia
Post Re: So....I’m out
Gamaur wrote:
Gamaur wrote:
Miss list:
Magnus
Lecter/Argos
Chippy
And probably half the posters still posting.


Adding:

libs
BKB


Adding:

Algren
Jiffy's mother


Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:39 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 62179
Post Re: So....I’m out
Ok, there's a joke here that I don't get.


Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:45 am
Profile
Lick my balls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Australia
Post Re: So....I’m out
The joke is stfu, I’ll put on my miss-list whomever I want, guy. Don’t @ me. :emo:


Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:43 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 62179
Post Re: So....I’m out
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:03 am
Profile
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 5756
Location: New York
Post Re: So....I’m out
Gamaur wrote:
Gamaur wrote:
Gamaur wrote:
Miss list:
Magnus
Lecter/Argos
Chippy
And probably half the posters still posting.


Adding:

libs
BKB


Adding:

Algren
Jiffy's mother


Sometimes I wish!


Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.