Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.)
Hard to defend Israel when they are killing aid workers and bombing embassy in Iran

Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:30 pm

Israel has gone too far at this point for even the most staunch Zionists

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 am
Romosexual!

Benjamin Netanyahu has to go!

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:25 am
Cream of the Crop

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Shack wrote:
If Ukraine did it, could make it harder to negotiate deal now

But they didn’t, it was Isis even Putin admitted to that in his propaganda pushing for Turkey and Syria to aid them in their counter-terrorist push

Since US created ISIS, yeah, you could say it was, it's more politically convenient than saying US government organizes acts of terror in Russia and kills Russian civilians, because it raises questions why we're not doing the same. We remember that Mark Milley said: "There should be no Russian who goes to sleep without wondering if they’re going to get their throat slit in the middle of the night. You gotta get back there, and create a campaign behind the lines." Ukraine organized it, some tajik fucks performed it thinking they're working for ISIS getting messages via telegram, but we know the west is behind it, so it's just another brick in Russia's anti-Western policy for decades ahead. Making Russia anti-Western is the most dangerous thing and surely doesn't make life in the West safer. Russia was first with hypersonic missiles, then China got it, then North Korea got it, then Iran got it, now houthis are stirring things with their drones and missiles. Now Russia becomes a beacon for the rest of the world politically and economically with its economy doing 5% annual growth regardless of the most sanctions ever.
There won't be any deals with ukraine, and most likely no fair negotiations with the west, as too many red lines are crossed. Whatever damage ukraine does, Russia can do many times more, now ukraine is getting "de-communized" with its economy and infrastructure going back to pre-1917, but then it can get "de-imperialized" with things going back to pre-1654.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:52 am

Hey man, I’m just glad you’re okay. Terrible what happened

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:55 am
Cream of the Crop

Hey man, I’m just glad you’re okay. Terrible what happened

To tell you the truth, I'm not ok, I'm mad as hell and I want vengeance. One of the biggest terrorist attacks in the world happened a few miles from my home at a place where I've been 2 days before. This attack killed the last pro-Western sentiments in this country for generations, even in the most pro-Western city.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:07 am
now we know

Mr. R wrote:
Now Russia becomes a beacon for the rest of the world politically and economically with its economy doing 5% annual growth regardless of the most sanctions ever.

The economic growth, if you can even call it that, is being supported by the state. It's not real growth. All it is is Russia dipping into their sovereign wealth fund to support state businesses to produce armaments etc. to use in Ukraine. Russia is simply recycling money within its economy, it isn't generating new wealth. If you look at the details and not just the country's revenue, you will see this. The country is still operating at a net loss, and has been for the last two years. Its sustainable revenue (fossil fuels) has plummeted and it has been replaced and then some by the temporary wartime economy (which makes the income side of the P&L look impressive). Russia just has very deep pockets so it can work this way for a few years and fool its population into believing everything is rosy, but it isn't, far from it, and when the war ends or when the financial reserves dry up ... Russia is absolutely screwed. It has lost everything needed for an attractive and prosperous future. India has reduced its imports of Russian crude. Even Chinese banks are waning on processing payments for Russia. The screws are tightening, and only the diehard nationalists can't see it.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:
Hard to defend Israel when they are killing aid workers and bombing embassy in Iran

And there's the Israel/Iran war starting

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:01 pm
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:
Mr. R wrote:
Now Russia becomes a beacon for the rest of the world politically and economically with its economy doing 5% annual growth regardless of the most sanctions ever.

The economic growth, if you can even call it that, is being supported by the state. It's not real growth. All it is is Russia dipping into their sovereign wealth fund to support state businesses to produce armaments etc. to use in Ukraine. Russia is simply recycling money within its economy, it isn't generating new wealth. If you look at the details and not just the country's revenue, you will see this. The country is still operating at a net loss, and has been for the last two years. Its sustainable revenue (fossil fuels) has plummeted and it has been replaced and then some by the temporary wartime economy (which makes the income side of the P&L look impressive). Russia just has very deep pockets so it can work this way for a few years and fool its population into believing everything is rosy, but it isn't, far from it, and when the war ends or when the financial reserves dry up ... Russia is absolutely screwed. It has lost everything needed for an attractive and prosperous future. India has reduced its imports of Russian crude. Even Chinese banks are waning on processing payments for Russia. The screws are tightening, and only the diehard nationalists can't see it.

Pure ridiculous projection and hypocrisy. The most temporary of things are the effects of the sanctions regime. If Russian economic growth is dependent on debt, the same is even more true of the countries involved in the sanctions regime. It’s an addiction. Without sanctions supremacy, the system erodes until collapse.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:20 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
Shack wrote:

*In Damascus Syria.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:22 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
Shack wrote:

Surprise, surprise.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:22 am
Profile ICQ
The Kramer

Israel has gone too far at this point for even the most staunch Zionists
Yeah my original support for them was based on the idea that their military would just take over Gaza and be done with it. Doesn't seem like they ever had any intention of a quick end to the conflict though. Pretty disappointing from an unaffected observers viewpoint and horrifying for anyone who lives in the region.

I know "both sides are awful" is a cheap and easy take, but its hard for me to see it any other way. Yet it seems like this would make me both anti-semetic and a supporter of "genocide."

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:41 am
now we know

Shack wrote:

It is over before it began because Iran doesn't want war. They only fired off missiles to save face.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I mainly think we just need to take this whatever the current hot thing is on social media is now my God and I will compete with you to prove I care about it the most attitude, and put that energy into going overboard hyping up a musician or tv show or something, instead of a state run by terrorists using civilians as human shields, trying to get rid of the police, etc. The Eras tour hype was exactly what it looks like when these social media cultists put that energy into a non political subject and I think we were all cool with it being a 2020s pop culture event. Yeah I still respect them less than the people who became Swift fans because they're capable of an individual emotional reaction instead of filtering it through group popularity, but we're nostalgic for eras like the 80s and 90s where memorable fads were created by people like that, so it's cool in the end.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21