Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Predict now - who will be our 2016 president? 

Who will be elected president?
Poll ended at Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:37 am
Hillary Clinton 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Donald Trump 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Bernie Sanders 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Ted Cruz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Marco Rubio 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ben Carson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Predict now - who will be our 2016 president? 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Predict now - who will be our 2016 president?
It doesn't LOOK like the weather is hindering anyone, so I'm hoping voter turnout is high and Bernie gets it... but it's going to be super close.

I think Trump wins Iowa with ease.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:48 pm
---------

I think Bernie will take it. I hope, at least

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:52 pm
---------

Clinton's got the 3% lead right now as polls were predicting.

Cruz is actually beating Trump by 3% surprisingly. But again... Mike Huckabee (!?) won Iowa last time.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:26 pm
Veteran

I want to like Sanders, but he is like Santa Claus. He fucked up big time on the VA committee. God Obama was a disaster for Dems in Congress and the state houses. I can't wait see what the Dems look like after 4 years of feeling the bern.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
---------

MGKC wrote:

Cruz is actually beating Trump by 3% surprisingly. But again... Mike Huckabee (!?) won Iowa last time.

Clinton's lead down to 1.1%... Maybe there's a chance?

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:16 pm
Extraordinary

Cruz wins the democratic nomination with Trump finishing second. I think Trump screwed up skipping that last debate. For the Democrats still too early probably should know in another half hour.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

MGKC wrote:
MGKC wrote:

Depends on the precincts left to report. He probably got more total votes, but they were concentrated in college towns. Clinton if she wins or loses will get the vast majority of delegates, because the system is rigged and not very democratic.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

There's only a .4% gap between Clinton and Sanders right now, with 89% reported. *crosses fingers that Iowa will #FeelTheBern!*

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

mdana wrote:
MGKC wrote:
MGKC wrote:

Depends on the precincts left to report. He probably got more total votes, but they were concentrated in college towns. Clinton if she wins or loses will get the vast majority of delegates, because the system is rigged and not very democratic.

On the Democrats' side, delegates are awarded proportionally based on popular votes or precincts? Anyway, you have super-delegates who can go for anyone they want regardless of the results.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:59 pm
Veteran

Iowa doesn't really matter for the Dems. Until Clinton loses her support from minority voters, it's her nomination. I hate the Iowa caucus, because it is very unrepresentative of the rest of the country.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

It only matters whether or not the vote is representative of Iowa voters.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:05 am
Veteran

i.hope wrote:
It only matters whether or not the vote is representative of Iowa voters.

No the media spins it into something else. Iowa is a terrible state for Clinton. Iowa and New Hampshire dem caucus and primary are very liberal. So you get people like Paul Tsongas in 1992. Sanders can't beat Cruz or Rubio in a G E.

It is not representative even for Iowa. Obama got all the delegates last time when Edwards and Clinton each got almost the same amount of votes. Dean probably got as many votes as Kerry in 2004 and got few delegates. This is just a glorified straw poll.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

i.hope wrote:
mdana wrote:
MGKC wrote:
MGKC wrote:

On the Democrats' side, delegates are awarded proportionally based on popular votes or precincts? Anyway, you have super-delegates who can go for anyone they want regardless of the results.

It is based on % of a precinct, and the number is fixed based on previous turnout in the last election. So if a precinct is awarded 6 votes, because 300 people total voted last time, then even if Bernie got 400 vote alone this time he only get a % of the 6. This has happened a few times Sanders. It is a horrible system.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I agree it is a horrible system. They should just switch to a straight vote like everywhere else. Anyway Hillary is still going to win. I don't care about Commarde Bernie, the man is living in fantasyland. None of his ideas would happen, and besides he won't get elected. Imagine if its Rubio-Sanders. Rubio will win in landslide like Regean-Mondale. He has no chance against him. And if he is nominee, I say right now I will refuse to vote. I can't not vote for someone like that who believes in bull shit and who will probably die in office.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:30 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I guess last night was a "win" for Rubio. I still think that he's the only Rep to have a shot at winning the GE. Cruz and Trump would both get smoked by Sanders/Clinton.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:37 am
Forum General

Lol I doubt Rubio is Regean and as I much dislike Bernie he is Mondale.

However Rubio would take Florida and that alone would be a closer election by default.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
I agree it is a horrible system. They should just switch to a straight vote like everywhere else. Anyway Hillary is still going to win. I don't care about Commarde Bernie, the man is living in fantasyland. None of his ideas would happen, and besides he won't get elected. Imagine if its Rubio-Sanders. Rubio will win in landslide like Regean-Mondale. He has no chance against him. And if he is nominee, I say right now I will refuse to vote. I can't not vote for someone like that who believes in bull shit and who will probably die in office.

u mad Republican?

He may be idealistic, but most of the rest of the field, on both sides, are the same old shit, repeating the same old broken system.

So, you're an idiot, really, if that's the only reason you won't vote Sanders.

The man has belief, that's more than you can say for the whole field combined. (Save like Trump)

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

BK wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:

u mad Republican?

He may be idealistic, but most of the rest of the field, on both sides, are the same old shit, repeating the same old broken system.

So, you're an idiot, really, if that's the only reason you won't vote Sanders.

The man has belief, that's more than you can say for the whole field combined. (Save like Trump)

I am a democrat who backs Clinton. I want to win and I don't see Berine beating the Republicans. Bernie is just too liberal for my tastes.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

We have first black president...now we need our

FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT

then after Hillary is done....FIRST HISPANIC PRESIDENT.

FWHITEY! ;)

Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:27 am
Defeats all expectations

mdana wrote:
i.hope wrote:
mdana wrote:
MGKC wrote:
MGKC wrote:

It is based on % of a precinct, and the number is fixed based on previous turnout in the last election. So if a precinct is awarded 6 votes, because 300 people total voted last time, then even if Bernie got 400 vote alone this time he only get a % of the 6. This has happened a few times Sanders. It is a horrible system.

I see.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:23 pm
Extraordinary

Mannyisthebest wrote:
Lol I doubt Rubio is Regean and as I much dislike Bernie he is Mondale.

However Rubio would take Florida and that alone would be a closer election by default.

I worry that he is more like McGovern, someone who was very liberal and they lost in landside. And even if somehow Bernie wins, I see him being a one term president because he won't be able to get anything done. There is no way he can get any of his ideas through Congress. He will just be another Jimmy Carter.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:10 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Can't believe that happened, he was really like a malfunctioning robot.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:43 am
Extraordinary

Yeah that was pretty bad. How about Ben Carson, who didn't seem to want to come on stage and let Ted Cruz pass him.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

That was more than pretty bad. Honestly, it's potentially a campaign destroying moment.

Even ignoring the fact that Rubio repeats the same, off-topic, scripted line over and over again in just a few minutes, he couldn't defend himself whatsoever against Christie's attacks. There was just the poor snowstorm "argument". And why even bother mentioning Joe Biden?

And this, of course:

:funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:44 am
Profile WWW
---------

Ha, wow - a seriously weird moment for Marco, reminiscent of this classic speech:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next