Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Debate schedule 
Forum General

Post Re: Debate schedule
It all depends, imo Bidens laughing and rather crazy antics is something I have not seen here during debates here in Canada.

So to me, I did not like it as I don't think it has a place during a debate.

However, Biden is an older man so he can get away it. You know the "crazy old man who really cares about what he says"

If Obama tries that, it would not go over too well though...

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Caius wrote:
SolC9 wrote:
The reason that Biden was laughing all the time is because, as is typical, Ryan blatantly lied many times. As a Vice Presidential debate, the question you have to ask yourself is who would you rather have as president if their running mate was unable to perform the duties of office, Biden or Ryan. For me, the answer is EASILY Biden. It's actually not as easy when comparing Obama and Romney.

I agree that Biden probably should have stopped the derisive laughing, though I can hardly blame him. It's kind of like Gore sighing when debating Bush. I can hardly blame him, but it didn't look/sound good.

Can we stop with the lying bit? Is everyone you disagree with a liar? There are cases where politicians do lie, but often they are stating their opinion or policy preferences or they are obfuscating (which does get close).

Ryan has described his and Romney's plan to fix Medicare. Now you may think it is wrong and will not work and that is fine, but it is sickening to hear people call them liars for that. That is simply a method for not having to engage in substantive debates about policy. It also contributes to a lack of trust in our social institutions.

Yes, his "lay the framework, fill in the details later" was very informative. :hahaha: :wacko: :grrr: :whaa: :puke: :nope: :thumbsdown: :bang: :ban:

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Caius wrote:
Libs wrote:
^ Except Romney and Ryan do lie or "embellish the truth," frequently.

Such as? Like voting for the Iraq war?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/elec ... 3796.story

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Argos wrote:
Caius wrote:
Libs wrote:
^ Except Romney and Ryan do lie or "embellish the truth," frequently.

Such as? Like voting for the Iraq war?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/elec ... 3796.story

I was hinting at something Biden said but a I have read plenty of fact checks, like the one from the A.P. I just don't like when they analyze things that are opinon or speculative. This goes for either candidate's statements.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Wall-E

mdana wrote:
Is it just me or does Raddatz seem to be slanting her questions to be biased against the Obama administration? She seems to question tangential contentions of Biden's response critically, and only haltingly questions Ryan with softballs, while ignoring his whoppers.

She certainly leaned left on the issue of Abortion.
And I think she was slanting with a backhand. By pressing Biden with tangible contentions,
she was probing for substantial answers vs. Ryan's expected kneejerk responses to abortion, etc. etc.
I think she was undoing Ryan by allowing him to speak for himself.

And it's as if he said:
Ryan: "Look... ...It's my God and Country, not yours."
That's one of the places where Joe shines, and I am very tired of idiots who claim to love Liberty for All until it pisses them off.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

About Abortion, the issue is settled by doctors themselves.

First few months the thing inside is not a real being after 4 months.

After that, doctors do not do abortions unless its a life threatening situation.
Most have the moral belief that after a few months you are actually taking a life.

I agree with that, the idea that something is only alive until it is born is silly.

I would challenge any mother who has a child, to say that baby in them that was able to kick their stomach was not a living being....

So Imo no need to really change anything apart from setting out a real law on Abortion.
Imo I would ban gender selection abortion... Meaning no one can abort a child based on gender.

Its a huge problem in the developing world and even among certain groups here in Canada.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am
Profile WWW
College Boy T

If it's a living thing, let's add nine months to everyone's age. What, then, is birth?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:31 pm

torrino wrote:
If it's a living thing, let's add nine months to everyone's age. What, then, is birth?

There is a point in the womb (viability) where it must become a living baby because it could live outside the womb if it was birthed and prior to that it would die (though that time is getting shorter). I think the question is when and even so, does that trump the woman's right to choose to have the baby killed.

If I purposefully kicked a woman in the abdomen knowing she was pregnant and with the intent to end the pregnancy, should that be considered assault or murder?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

torrino wrote:

Of course it's a living thing, a tree is a living thing, but obviously the argument is over when it becomes a living person.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 pm
Forum General

Caius wrote:
If I purposefully kicked a woman in the abdomen knowing she was pregnant and with the intent to end the pregnancy, should that be considered assault or murder?

In Scott Peterson's case, he was convicted of double homicide for Laci and the unborn Modesto.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 pm
College Boy T

Jiffy wrote:
torrino wrote:

Of course it's a living thing, a tree is a living thing, but obviously the argument is over when it becomes a living person.

sure, ok

as a society, we should obviously strive to be 'pro-life'...abortion is totally disgusting.

however, i always side with the woman. whatever her needs be. sure, there might be a fraction of the population that gets abortion after abortion and doesn't learn the notion of 'personal responsibility'. but i like to believe that the majority of people who ultimately decide to get abortions have logical reasons for getting one -- abortions aren't an 'on a whim' decision; the potential mothers have measured the options and are likely not enthusiastic about either one.

but ultimately, it's not productive for society to require women to keep children they do not want. and it certainly doesn't seem right in the age of 'personal responsibility' and 'limited government' to even think about defining life as beginning at erection and therefore expanding abortion limitations. let a woman do what she needs to do with her body as long as she is 'carrying' this object.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 am
Wall-E

And then, the Red Folks, in declaring that life begins at the cocktail hour, sheesh.

As if they never even consider the plight of Dependency Syndromes out there.
Some women do not have the Right to say no to the man of the house, according to Dick of course.
So every four years we have the Reds threatening to ban abortion without any solutions for the problems of relational or domestic abuse.

Instead, the Reds call the victim a whore about it.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 am
Profile WWW

resident wrote:
And then, the Red Folks, in declaring that life begins at the cocktail hour, sheesh.

As if they never even consider the plight of Dependency Syndromes out there.
Some women do not have the Right to say no to the man of the house, according to Dick of course.
So every four years we have the Reds threatening to ban abortion without any solutions for the problems of relational or domestic abuse.

Instead, the Reds call the victim a whore about it.

Whoever colored the 2000 Electoral map was a genius. The Reds? I do not really care about abortion.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Quote:
sure, ok

as a society, we should obviously strive to be 'pro-life'...abortion is totally disgusting.

however, i always side with the woman. whatever her needs be. sure, there might be a fraction of the population that gets abortion after abortion and doesn't learn the notion of 'personal responsibility'. but i like to believe that the majority of people who ultimately decide to get abortions have logical reasons for getting one -- abortions aren't an 'on a whim' decision; the potential mothers have measured the options and are likely not enthusiastic about either one.

but ultimately, it's not productive for society to require women to keep children they do not want. and it certainly doesn't seem right in the age of 'personal responsibility' and 'limited government' to even think about defining life as beginning at erection and therefore expanding abortion limitations. let a woman do what she needs to do with her body as long as she is 'carrying' this object.

You miss my point...

Abortion is a women's right to choose, but the idea that something is living only once it comes out a womb after 9 months is just plain stupid...

I agree abortion is fine but if your going to tell me that being inside a womb, that is able to kick a mothers belly is not a living thing???

Do not be so black and white.

Of course abortion is fine in the first few weeks, but after a few months there is no doubt a life is being taken.

That is what I am against, what most people are against, what almost all doctors are against and far more progressive countries like Denmark, France, Georgia, Norway, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, and Romania, Sweden are against.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Ooh, Mitt and Barack getting feisty y'all

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:19 pm
Forum General

This is already a much better showing by Obama. If fact, in my opinion, he's dominating Romney.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

SolC9 wrote:
This is already a much better showing by Obama. If fact, in my opinion, he's dominating Romney.

I agree. Obama is doing great.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:35 pm
Pure Phase

"Whole binders full of women."

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 pm
Sbil

Romney's answer to the women in the workforce question was...

:disgust:

Go home.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:44 pm
Sbil

The audience's applause when Candy corrected Romney lmao

I love this debate

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 pm
Veteran

Obama's answer on immigration was horrible. He made strawman arguments about the Arizona law and Romney's self-deportation, but could not be bothered to explain any real differences. Not impressed with Obama over the past 20 minutes. Romney still sucks, but Obama is not making an effective case that he is a better alternative or choice.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

What will be the most prominent soundbite from this debate?

BINDERS FULL OF WOMEN 4eva

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 pm
Veteran

Obama seemed to fight on Republican terms too often in conceding so many Republican talking points like the government can't create jobs hogwash. I don't think he was effective enough to make up for the ground lost two weeks ago. Although, I could be overcompensating for anything less than a debate TKO being a good performance.

What does everyone else think about the overall performance for each candidate and who won?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

mdana wrote:
Obama seemed to fight on Republican terms too often in conceding so many Republican talking points like the government can't create jobs hogwash. I don't think he was effective enough to make up for the ground lost two weeks ago. Although, I could be overcompensating for anything less than a debate TKO being a good performance.

What does everyone else think about the overall performance for each candidate and who won?

I highly disagree. I think Obama made crazy improvement this time...the Libya exchanged and Romney being rattled sealed it. I think the narrative will be very different this time around.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

65,000+ likes already!

http://www.facebook.com/romneybindersfullofwomen

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next