Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Worst Presidential F Up of All Time. Obama & Debt Crisis #1. 
The Incredible Hulk

Post Worst Presidential F Up of All Time. Obama & Debt Crisis #1.
So after the tarnish that Obama has let fall on the US image with his handling of the Debt Crisis, what would be after this clear #1?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am
The Incredible Hulk

Post Re: Worst Presidential F Up of All Time. Obama & Debt Crisis
Thinking WaterGate would be in the Top 10? Maybe 8, but no where close to the Debt Crisis Handling F Up, as did Watergate do that much damage to the US WorldWide Image?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:08 am
Extraordinary

Rick0180 wrote:
So after the tarnish that Obama has let fall on the US image with his handling of the Debt Crisis, what would be after this clear #1?

Is that the #1 worst sentence ever written?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:08 am
The Incredible Hulk

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
Rick0180 wrote:

Nope, but whatever on the smoke & mirror act, as of course no defense that Obama's mishandling of the US Debt Crisis thereby ruining the US credit and image worldwide.

Especially sad that I realized this months ago, and Obama still doesn't get it as I heard his pretty clueless press speeches from 1 and 3 weeks ago!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

I don't like President Obama's policies but no to your question and blame can be laid on many others too.

Japanese internment, Watergate, James Buchanan and secession, The New Deal, Alien and Sedition Acts, Woodrow Wilson's domestic policy during WW1, and The Great Society were all worse. I know people will defend two of the things in my list, but those two things are two of the primary drivers of our current debt crisis.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Caius wrote:
I don't like President Obama's policies but no to your question and blame can be laid on many others too.

But with all the give backs that Obama had to do with his past programs, he should have known how difficult this would have turned out!

* And even a month ago, he was acting so smug during press conferences, just saying, we will get a deal, and not taking questions on anything else.

* And with the 2 sides so divided, isn't it the Presidents job to do something? Other than have speeches and point fingers.

* Also what is the far reaching outcome of this, either almost default or default, on the USA?

* Will the USA ever be thought of the same way, worldwide, as prior to this debt embarassment?

* How much did Obamas, I will veto anything that doesn't push this off to after the elections, affect this, pissing off the sides?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 am
Powered By Hate

KJ Brown. As in, shit.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:39 pm
Extraordinary

Is Goldie typical of the average Republican?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:01 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.

Perhaps of the Tea Party variety.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:17 pm
Profile WWW

Goldie seems to be more of a populist and lacks a coherent political philosophy, unless Obama derangement syndrome counts and a love of the word "as."

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Rick0180 wrote:
Caius wrote:

But with all the give backs that Obama had to do with his past programs, he should have known how difficult this would have turned out!

* And even a month ago, he was acting so smug during press conferences, just saying, we will get a deal, and not taking questions on anything else.

* And with the 2 sides so divided, isn't it the Presidents job to do something? Other than have speeches and point fingers.

* Also what is the far reaching outcome of this, either almost default or default, on the USA?

* Will the USA ever be thought of the same way, worldwide, as prior to this debt embarassment?

* How much did Obamas, I will veto anything that doesn't push this off to after the elections, affect this, pissing off the sides?

blah blah blah to the above, unless you just want to answer these simple questions.

Don't be a Groucho, by making stupid remarks and not answering questions!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:09 pm
Powered By Hate

An average autistic...which probably does apply to half the party.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Just like with the Movie Questions, BOM is having a much stronger & serious discussion with this all Obama questions!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:15 pm
Romosexual!

Rick0180 wrote:

He's written alot worse

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:16 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Caius wrote:

Japanese internment, Watergate, James Buchanan and secession, The New Deal, Alien and Sedition Acts, Woodrow Wilson's domestic policy during WW1, and The Great Society were all worse. I know people will defend two of the things in my list, but those two things are two of the primary drivers of our current debt crisis.

Vietnam...

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:33 pm
Devil's Advocate

You can forget about a default and economic apocalypse. Obama is lieing to try and scare you

1. They passed the debt limit in early May and have found ways to come up with the money to stall it. Which means in all liklihood it's not a 'INSTANT DOOM!' thing if Tuesday comes. They can stall it more. Revenues are 5x higher than interest so there's enough money coming in, they just have to make the money going out paying the debt first. They can save enough by stopping the federal employee cheques to cover their asses for a few days

2. Obama has already said he'd agree to a few day increase if it came down to it

3. It's 99% likely that the Dems accept the 6 month extension before facing default. I mean come on. Which choice seems better to you.

4. It's very likely the politicians together can find a way to borrow money and bypass the ceiling. When facing something like a default, sneaky measures can be made. Again they passed the ceiling in early May

5. They have a printing press

6. If there was any chance of default all the investors wouldn't be holding onto their treasuries this late. It's kind of like Vegas and sports. They know better than us and at this point are showing 0 worries about an actual default.

Literally 0 chance of default. Defaults do not happen when revenues are 5x higher than interest and when the country has a printing press and both sides want an extended ceiling.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:12 pm

You are quoting yourself you fucking idiot. I answered your original question and I agree that Obama is a terrible president. I had to type up here because I can't scroll lower in a typing field.
Rick0180 wrote:
Rick0180 wrote:
Caius wrote:

blah blah blah to the above, unless you just want to answer these simple questions.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Caius wrote:
You are quoting yourself you fucking idiot. I answered your original question and I agree that Obama is a terrible president. I had to type up here because I can't scroll lower in a typing field.
Rick0180 wrote:
Rick0180 wrote:
Caius wrote:

Sorry that wasn't meant towards you, I only saw the bottom of my quote when I grabbed it - and yes you answered the question, with your opinion - unlike th eother 3 or 4 above.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]