Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Debt Ceiling. Gov't never addresses its problems timely? 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Debt Ceiling. Gov't never addresses its problems timely?
I should know better than to post in Goldie political threads, but this helped illuminate the situation for me:

(via The Atlantic article: The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:35 pm
Forum General

your saying if my friend starts slapping a dude, and you then take over his spot and continue slapping the dude, the fault is still all your to your friend?

very misleading graphic and I would not believe it for a second.

The fault is mostly Bush's but having a weak, misguided community activist as President does not help the situation. :D

Imo The President is in a tough spot, however he made himself as Jesus, so really he raised the expectations and he failed to meet them.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

1st with a week left, Obama is being a fool for demanding too much. Just get it F'ing solved, that is the most important thing. Especially that he won't sign a 6 month extension, but wants it to go past the next elections. JUST ANOTHER ONLY WORRYING ABOUT HIS OWN BUTT!

SO OK THE ONE FOR 6 MONTHS AND START WORKING ON IT AGAIN...RATHER THAN PLAYING GAMES! WHICH HAS TO BE UNFORTUNATELY DONE BASED ON THE DEADLINE BEING A WEEK AWAY!

PS. AS I CALLED IT A MONTH AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:27 pm
Powered By Hate

Mannyisthebest wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM

we used to mock this ad but it coming true...

Not really. They own an astonishing...~10% of our debt. I also like how HRC that they advocated twenty years ago became "waste", because the system is currently so efficient. Or that they don't mention Nixon's tariff changes, the single most destructive thing. Or that taxes are at or near historical lows.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:52 pm
Forum General

Quote:
Not really. They own an astonishing

See, you guys are all the same. Look at a single point in a essay and declare it invalid, and forgetting all about the Thesis.

The debt may be own marginally be China, however the debt problem is crippling us and will be a massive burden on the future of the US.

The ad goes way overboard, however it points at a message at future place and power of the US. It tells how we have undoubtedly gone on the wrong track and in doing so, will no longer become as powerful as we once where. You can easily disagree on the points on how we got here, but the overall message is valid.

In that way the ad is very effective as it is worrying and sad. 20 years from now, people around the world in University Lecture halls will talk about how the US lost its place of dominance.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

Do they know in the United Staates that they will most likely cripple a quite amount of the world economy if they fail to solve the problem. That would be the second time after the housing crash.
Not good for the US image.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:05 am
Powered By Hate

Mannyisthebest wrote:
Quote:
Not really. They own an astonishing

See, you guys are all the same. Look at a single point in a essay and declare it invalid, and forgetting all about the Thesis.

The debt may be own marginally be China, however the debt problem is crippling us and will be a massive burden on the future of the US.

The ad goes way overboard, however it points at a message at future place and power of the US. It tells how we have undoubtedly gone on the wrong track and in doing so, will no longer become as powerful as we once where. You can easily disagree on the points on how we got here, but the overall message is valid.

In that way the ad is very effective as it is worrying and sad. 20 years from now, people around the world in University Lecture halls will talk about how the US lost its place of dominance.

You guys who? Look at the rest of the post and I continue to deconstruct it. Not that the US isn't on a point of decline.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 pm
Forum General

First of all China owns 26% of our debt, however they have decided to start reducing their share.

2nd, I said we can all fight over the reasons to how we got to this mess, but the overall message of the ad is right. Its a sad, distressing, uncertain future for the US... We will not starve and we will continue to have many luxuries, but the era of dominance is ending and that is quite a big psychological shock for most Americans.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

Seems that someone has found some pocket money under the couch. So one more week to breathe.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 pm