Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 so the Dems & Obama says F U to the newly unemployed! 
Forum General

Post so the Dems & Obama says F U to the newly unemployed!
So I thought Obama and the Dems were going to help out all the unemployed until economy gets better.

Well after 2 shitty years and Billions given away, they say, sorry no more to anyone new.

Yoù are shit out of luck. So sorry. But I bet those unlucky ones will still be hit with a future tax bill from the Dems/Obamas shitty past work.

Sad Very Sad, Mr. Obama.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:12 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Post Re: so the Dems & Obama says F U to the newly unemployed!
Will you be a republican candidate in the next presidential election, Grildie?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I often wonder what alternate universe Goldie lives in. Every news report on the planet will tell you that it is the GOP that is blocking this. However, in the alternate universe, it's the Democrats.

And then he wonders why I don't debate him. How can I when he lives in a completely different reality from the rest of us?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Groucho wrote:
I often wonder what alternate universe Goldie lives in. Every news report on the planet will tell you that it is the GOP that is blocking this. However, in the alternate universe, it's the Democrats.

And then he wonders why I don't debate him. How can I when he lives in a completely different reality from the rest of us?

OK. Groucho, That is a fair point. Thanks for finally responded. As I always thought that all should fall on Obama's shoulders as top man.

And remember, I am only here to ask the questions as a Moderator. And then it is up to the KJ followers to supply correct answers.

You know I can't be the expert in everything, like I am in life, common sense thinking, sports and movies.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:25 pm
Cream of the Crop

:)

Allow me to make sense of Grill's nonsense: the Democrats CAN be blamed (by people who want to have jobless benefits extended, of which I am not one) for not extending jobless benefits because they couldn't find offsetting spending cuts elsewhere in the budget. That was the Republican compromise and the Dems didn't go for it.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:31 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:
:)

Allow me to make sense of Grill's nonsense: the Democrats CAN be blamed (by people who want to have jobless benefits extended, of which I am not one) for not extending jobless benefits because they couldn't find offsetting spending cuts elsewhere in the budget. That was the Republican compromise and the Dems didn't go for it.

Thanks for knocking the, I will huff and I will huff and I will bore everyone with hot air, Groucho.

So 1 point to Krem... Unless the self appointed expert Groucho, wants to try to make a decent return.

PS. Krem. Why stop a good thing in the middle...and if it wasn't a good thing, whose idea was it...and was either Obama, the Dems or Grouchos?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:45 pm
Powered By Hate

facepalm

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 am
Extraordinary

I'm disappointed the Republicans are even agreeing to extend the unemployment benefits. I'm so tired of these lazy bums who simply won't get a job and will instead get more money they didn't earn to get by on.

Get a fucking job you leeches.

Also, I'm tired of hearing these dems just go into audio repeat mode talking about how pubs want to give tax cuts to the top 1-2% and how the dems want to keep tax rates down for middle america. Get over yourselves. If current rates aren't kept then it is a tax increase for everyone.

They had control of both houses and could have dealt with this at any time, but they didn't cuz they are loser politicians who no doubt want to add on stuff like always such as sticking the DADT repeal in the defense spending bill.

Enough already...

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:05 pm
Forum General

nghtvsn wrote:
I'm disappointed the Republicans are even agreeing to extend the unemployment benefits. I'm so tired of these lazy bums who simply won't get a job and will instead get more money they didn't earn to get by on.

Also, I'm tired of hearing these dems just go into audio repeat mode talking about how pubs want to give tax cuts to the top 1-2% and how the dems want to keep tax rates down for middle america. Get over yourselves. If current rates aren't kept then it is a tax increase for everyone.

They had control of both houses and could have dealt with this at any time, but they didn't cuz they are loser politicians who no doubt want to add on stuff like always such as sticking the DADT repeal in the defense spending bill.

Enough already...

Well doesn't that include alot of Obama's promises/work > Lets Give Out $$$$$ Now and make others pay the bill (including the future generation)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

It's better than telling people they can be lazy and get paid.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:55 pm
Powered By Hate

nghtvsn wrote:

Enough already...

Oh yeah, it's so easy to get a job now.

There does need to be a massive reform in the tax system, though.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:02 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Quote:

It's really not that easy. I know a person who graduated top of her class at a prestigious university and has been looking for seven months.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 am
Extraordinary

There are jobs out there just not the jobs on the pay scale that these clowns are holding out for. Suck it up and deliver pizzas or find some temporary work and be productive instead of just taking money that isn't theirs to begin with. Now they are going to get another 13 months of this.

I really have no sympathy for people who've been using unemployment over a year. There's just no excuse for it.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 am
Forum General

Groucho wrote:

Groucho, notice how there 10 other people commenting in this thread. And as usual, you never debate anyway. So LOL, at you claim, about being sucha great debater.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:22 am
Forum General

Yeah all this is crazy...

Hey Grill...who do you think should run/be president in 2012? Who can fix this mess?!?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:48 am
Cream of the Crop

It's foolish to believe that simply electing a new president will magically fix the economy.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Cream of the Crop

Tyler wrote:
Oh yeah, it's so easy to get a job now.

There does need to be a massive reform in the tax system, though.

It's not necessarily easy to get a job, but continuing unemployment payments reduces the incentive for an unemployed person to look for a lower paying job than they're used to or to relocate.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Cream of the Crop

Anyway, seems like a deal is near: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/07/ ... tml?hpt=T2

Two more years of tax cuts before expiration (yeah, right) and 13 more months of unemployment benefits.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:
It's foolish to believe that simply electing a new president will magically fix the economy.

Indeed it is. My question was asked more in jest/sarcasim. I was attempting to get Grill's opinion on the matter, as he never usually responds with thoughts of this own.

:shades:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

nghtvsn wrote:
There are jobs out there just not the jobs on the pay scale that these clowns are holding out for. Suck it up and deliver pizzas or find some temporary work and be productive instead of just taking money that isn't theirs to begin with. Now they are going to get another 13 months of this.

I really have no sympathy for people who've been using unemployment over a year. There's just no excuse for it.

Delivering pizza does not cover the cost of having 3 kids, medical treatment, possibly having to maintain your parents as well. It's really not that simple.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:14 pm
Cream of the Crop

Barrabás wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:

Delivering pizza does not cover the cost of having 3 kids, medical treatment, possibly having to maintain your parents as well. It's really not that simple.

Are we to assume that every single unemployed person in the U.S. has 3 kids and medical issues to take care of and sometimes has to take care of their parents?

What a country!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:20 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:
Barrabás wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:

Are we to assume that every single unemployed person in the U.S. has 3 kids and medical issues to take care of and sometimes has to take care of their parents?

What a country!

No, some do though. If I have a job making say...$35,000 a year and I get laid off for whatever reason...thats really going to suck. If I have a family and kids i have already arranged my life and living around that money. So to say "go deliver pizzas" is not really a good or valid argument.

If I lost the job I have now I would be screwed (If i couldnt get unemployment) I have a mortgage, bills, school loan...etc. There are not exactly companies lining up to hire people at the moment so the best I may be able to get quickly would be a $9.00 hr job at Waltmart/gas station/ home depot...and that is not even certain.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:36 pm
Cream of the Crop

Sounds like right now is a FANTASTIC time for you to figure out your priorities, such as:

-Can you really afford owning a house on $35,000 a year?
-How much should you be saving from every paycheck?
-What are your fallback options in case you do lose a job?
-Etc.

But that's all anecdotal, of course. Overall, prolonging unemployment benefits only hurts the unemployed in the long run by forming a dependence on government handouts.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:45 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:
Sounds like right now is a FANTASTIC time for you to figure out your priorities, such as:

-Can you really afford owning a house on $35,000 a year?
-How much should you be saving from every paycheck?
-What are your fallback options in case you do lose a job?
-Etc.

But that's all anecdotal, of course. Overall, prolonging unemployment benefits only hurts the unemployed in the long run by forming a dependence on government handouts.

Well obviously you can afford to own a house on $35,000 a year because Many people were approved for a loan, making this annual salary.

I however do agree with your last part to a certain extent. I will say though there is a BIG difference in honestly needing a government handout, and those (many) who abuse the system.

For example, when talking about gevernment handouts, I would much rather see a family of 5, whos main source of income gets laid off, recieve food stamps and welfare help as opposed to some idiot who USES the system, dosent work or even try to get a job, all the while dressed in the most expensive clothing and carrying the newest gadgets.

Back a few years ago, while I was still in school, I was working at a Gas Station and nothing made me more FURIOUS than to see a customer come strolling in with their $150.00 Jordon shoes, Baby Phat jackets (expensive) nails done, texting on a cell phone and using their fucking food stamp card to by SNACKS and SLURPEES. Then pay for 40oz and cigs with cash.
THAT is abusing the system that we have. This happens more often than not as well.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:52 pm
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Well obviously you can afford to own a house on $35,000 a year because Many people were approved for a loan, making this annual salary.

Careful! That's how we got into this whole mess - people buying houses they couldn't afford and banks approving loans with lax credit standards!

$35,000 pre-tax a year should support around $800/mo housing payment (either rent or mortgage). That's a $80,000 house if you buy - in some areas prices like that don't even exist.

But maybe that's a good idea for you? Well there are hidden downsides. One of the worst things about owning a home is that you become much less mobile. That really starts to hurt when you lose a job - it becomes a catch-22, since you can't leave a house that you've invested in already and you can't find a job to afford that house.

I don't really want to go into the 'welfare queen' argument - it's a lightning rod for any real discussion on government handouts. I'm much more interested in macroeconomical effects of unemployment benefits - and they are not pretty

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next