Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
He's 104 and I should probably cut him a little slack in saying this, but maybe instead of watching the Diamondbacks game the night before one of the biggest crogressional hearings in recent history he probably could've prepared a little more. I don't know? It seems like something you'd want to take seriously.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

Nice baseball reference. Diamondbacks are having a stellar year, just ask Chippy.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Apparently Trump is considering firing Mueller now. Congress can override this, but if he does with Rothstein advising against this move will be a huge glaring move stuffed with corruption

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 am
On autopilot for the summer

Him comparing himself to FDR yesterday may have been one of the most fascinating bat shit crazy things he has ever said. When does he get a medical checkup? There has to be some sort of reveal that there is a baseball size tumor in his brain.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

I don't know. He rode the anti-Obama train to his own success. His entire political identity is the antithesis to other pre-existing political entities. He has nothing for his own image as a politician.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 pm

He is the Joker to Obama's Batman

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 pm
Romosexual!

Dudes crazy and should be removed

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:56 pm
Sbil

Two things: The horrible and terrifying shooting that happened this morning literally happened 5 minutes from where I live. I didn't even know until I got into work. No matter what side of the political aisle you fall on or how bitter the discourse in America has gotten, this type of action is NEVER the answer. Ever.

Second: WaPo breaks the news that Trump is officially under investigation for obstruction of justice.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:

Ooooooooh! Yay for investigations!

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:03 pm

This jacko who sought violence in DC today is just about the worst thing he could have done for his cause.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 pm
Superfreak

Not really. Mark Sanford of all people is making the obvious connection, as is apparently Ted Nugent.

Rep. Sanford: Trump 'Partially to Blame' for Political Hostility

By Theodore Bunker
Thursday, 15 Jun 2017 11:56 AM

Join in! 3 Comments
President Donald Trump is "partially to blame" for the nation's "demons" being unleashed, culminating in the shooting in Virginia Wednesday, according to one Republican congressman.

"I think we have to watch out as a society because, if we don't watch out, civility is indeed a part of civilized government and an open political system," Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C., said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Thursday. "If you let these forces play out, I think we end up at a very, very bad spot. I think what happened yesterday was symptomatic of it."

On Thursday, Sanford said he'd "argue that the president is at least in partially — not totally — but partially to blame for demons that have been unleashed. The fact that you have the top guy saying, 'I wish I can hit you in the face. Why don't you and I'll pay your legal fees.' That's bizarre. We ought to call it as such. What I've said back home, some of these people have been frankly weird and different in a town hall meeting. I say what is going on. They'll say, 'look, if the guy at the top can say anything to anybody at any time, why can't I?'

"I think we all need to look for ways to learn from what happened yesterday and to say, 'wait a minute, this is a pause moment. What might I do a little differently in the way I reached out to other members.'"

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:18 pm
The Original

Qatar is evil! Lets sell them Fight Jets!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Trump is now officially under investigation according to Mueller. Not sure if that's news, but now if he fires Mueller it will be black and white obstruction of justice

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:27 pm
Superfreak

I have to say, I was cracking up during Megan Kelly's interview with Alex Jones. What a fat sweaty loser pig she made him look like.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

Looks like Handel will win in Georgia 6. Queue right and left making broad claims about 2018.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile WWW

Republicans have drawn the district maps perfectly in their favor and with increased voter restrictions hindering minorities, hourly workers, and the elderly, it will be awfully hard to unseat the GOP powers that be until millennials become the new power voting block. Then the GOP will become extinct because their strategy, as slimy brilliant as it is, is short term and ultimately self destructive

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:31 pm
Gamaur's sex slave

Caius wrote:
Looks like Handel will win in Georgia 6. Queue right and left making broad claims about 2018.

I hear it's because of Russian interference again, especially those votes coming from Tbilisi.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:54 am

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Republicans have drawn the district maps perfectly in their favor and with increased voter restrictions hindering minorities, hourly workers, and the elderly, it will be awfully hard to unseat the GOP powers that be until millennials become the new power voting block. Then the GOP will become extinct because their strategy, as slimy brilliant as it is, is short term and ultimately self destructive

So gerrymandering has zero impact on the Senate and Presidency and in 2020, Dems have a chance to take over state legislatures and governorships and can redraw lines for 2022 Congressional elections.

Please explain why gerrymandering is "slimy"? If the House is fixed at 435 seats and with State populations growing or shrinking at the district level, districts must be redrawn every few years. How else should they be redrawn? A "non-partisan" committee? My guess is you have put very little thought into gerrymandering and better solutions. Or more realistically, you simply prefer Democrats doing it.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

LOL of COURSE you defend gerrymandering.

It's really not that fucking hard. You could easily program an algorithm that gives you equal districts that represent the people in those districts, rather than the politicians.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:29 am
Sbil

Caius wrote:

This is a disappointing result for me, though not an entirely unexpected one. People have been trying it for months in terms of trying to make GA-6 a referendum on Trump, which...it's just not that simple. Neither Handel nor Ossoff ever really mentioned him anyway.

It's clear that Trump is still a chaotic mess and that Democrats have some things they need to figure out moving forward.

Re: the gerrymandering conversation...the GOP uses it to cut certain subsets of voters off at the knees. Deny it all you want, but it's true. I will be fascinated what the Supreme Court has to say.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 am

Looks like Russians hacked 21 states during the US election. This scandal is not going away any time soon, but that might not help DEMs due to the fact that most GOP backers find the media repulsive and anything Trump says to be God's word. There is a legit culture divide in our country with no simple solution. I mean for Christ's sake they voted for Lex Luthor as their White House ticket when you had much better pucks during the primaries.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 pm
Defeats all expectations

Libs wrote:
Caius wrote:

This is a disappointing result for me, though not an entirely unexpected one. People have been trying it for months in terms of trying to make GA-6 a referendum on Trump, which...it's just not that simple. Neither Handel nor Ossoff ever really mentioned him anyway.

That's not very smart of Ossoff. Trump won the district by only 1.5% in 2016. Trump has always been the strongest selling point for any non-Republican congressional candidates. Stop Trump from messing with the country's values and principles. Put pressure on him and his GOP lapdogs in Congress. GOP is a wuss and has cozy and intertwined relationships with big businesses. These should be easy sells.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:03 pm
Defeats all expectations

That was a close 52-48 race for a district long-held by Republicans. Even though Ossoff lost, his campaign cracked open a weak link. The district will stay competitive if local people keep energized and pay attention. Turnout (49%) was on par with midterms but still low for a competitive race. Hopefully the local media will catch up to the more energized electorate and focus more on local races and politics.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Chippy wrote:

It's really not that fucking hard. You could easily program an algorithm that gives you equal districts that represent the people in those districts, rather than the politicians.

Question:. Is there gerrymandering in Wyoming for Congressional districts? Your answer to this question will help me better understand your thinking on redistricting.

What does "represent the people in those districts" mean? Politicians are in charge of redistricting and any algorithm you make will contain human assumptions. Assumption one, regardless of party, will ALWAYS be "how does my party win reelection"?

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:32 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Caius wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Question:. Is there gerrymandering in Wyoming for Congressional districts? Your answer to this question will help me better understand your thinking on redistricting.

So you pick literally one of the least gerrymandered states to get my thoughts? Is this another "GOTCHA!" tactic? Are you really even trying to discuss this?

Quote:
What does "represent the people in those districts" mean? Politicians are in charge of redistricting and any algorithm you make will contain human assumptions. Assumption one, regardless of party, will ALWAYS be "how does my party win reelection"?

What the fuck? I DON'T WANT POLITICIANS to redistrict. I want a 3rd party to do the algorithm. Regardless of party. Jesus christ. Of course there will be human assumptions. But the districts need to be drawn in a way to not "win" a district. They need to be drawn to represent the people living in a certain area.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 91  Next