Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Has Obama done anything good or worthy as President 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Has Obama done anything good or worthy as President
I have done so.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 pm
Forum General

Chipo DiCaprio wrote:
I have done so.

BS but I will give you a chance. So bump some of your viewpoints up here.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

They are in this thread

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 pm
Forum General

Chipo DiCaprio wrote:
They are in this thread

Pathetic as I expected Munk as you don't even have the balls to back up your own words.

At least now I can ignore any posts by you on Obama.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:29 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57719

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm
Forum General

Chipo DiCaprio wrote:
Yeah! What a worthless piece of trash! WORST PRESIDENT EVAR!

yeah...and here is your first post on the second page...just the worthless garbage I would expect from a no nothing post whore.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:53 pm
Forum General

and Obama goes through the backdoor to force in his pick > Obama bypasses Senate for new Medicare chief!!!!

When is Obama going learned his lesson about F'ing things up!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:41 pm
Cream of the Crop

Dude, relax, recess appointments are nothing new. That's how Bolton got his job.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

TonyMontana wrote:
Grill wrote:
and people this is a good try at an answer! thanks for responding!

I'm left to assume that you then agree with me... that in the areas outside of the deficit, Obama has shown improvements over Bush, or at least it appears headed in a better direction.

Not sure as hasn't Obama wasted stimulus dollars kicked in yet????

as I think the true unemployment number is probably closer to 15 % than your 9.....

and I just read that unemployment for those under 25 is about 50%!!!!!!! > which is why I still questions the fools that say, we need the illegal immigrants to work those low paying service jobs.....Yeah screw and don't give our American youths a chance at those jobs, when they can be given to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 am
Cream of the Crop

Unemployment for those under 25 is nowhere near 50%; it's less than 25% for people between 16 and 19 - the group that always has the highest unemployment.

And it has very little to do with illegal immigrants - how many 18-year olds do you know that want to work in a farm? If you want to blame anything, blame the minimum wage, which always displaces entry level jobs.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:12 am
Profile ICQ WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Krem wrote:
Dude, relax, recess appointments are nothing new. That's how Bolton got his job.

True, but this appointment apparently had no Republicans delaying his nomination. As Jake Tapper reported yesterday, "Republicans were not delaying or stalling Berwick's nomination. Indeed, they were eager for his hearing, hoping to assail Berwick's past statements about health-care rationing and his praise for the British health-care system."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/07/president-obama-attacks-congress-for-delaying-his-nominees-is-he-right.html

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Caius wrote:
Krem wrote:

True, but this appointment apparently had no Republicans delaying his nomination. As Jake Tapper reported yesterday, "Republicans were not delaying or stalling Berwick's nomination. Indeed, they were eager for his hearing, hoping to assail Berwick's past statements about health-care rationing and his praise for the British health-care system."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/07/president-obama-attacks-congress-for-delaying-his-nominees-is-he-right.html

So even less reason to get bent out of shape about this one?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Stanley Cup

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episod ... anne-moore

first section sums out the "stimulus plan"

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Forum General

Krem wrote:
Unemployment for those under 25 is nowhere near 50%; it's less than 25% for people between 16 and 19 - the group that always has the highest unemployment.

And it has very little to do with illegal immigrants - how many 18-year olds do you know that want to work in a farm? If you want to blame anything, blame the minimum wage, which always displaces entry level jobs.

got that rate from Yahoo and I know Yahoo research can't be wrong!

anyway, I got this from somewhere else > As the adult unemployment rate rose over 5 percentage points from 4.0% in April 2007 to 9.2% in April 2010 (data for May due tomorrow), the teen rate increased by almost 10 percentage points, from 15.6% to 25.4%.

**** so anyway, that is pretty bad? CORRECT!!!!

and again, I know this doesn't consider all the people that have fallen off the unemployment rolls. and then for teenagers, I know they can't count them correctly.

and also why are you only talking about farms, how about fast food, waiters, nannies, yard work, babysitting, newspaper delivery, etc, etc, etc....all the jobs that teenagers always did for money.....

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:20 pm
Cream of the Crop

Grill wrote:
Krem wrote:

anyway, I got this from somewhere else > As the adult unemployment rate rose over 5 percentage points from 4.0% in April 2007 to 9.2% in April 2010 (data for May due tomorrow), the teen rate increased by almost 10 percentage points, from 15.6% to 25.4%.

and again, I know this doesn't consider all the people that have fallen off the unemployment rolls. and then for teenagers, I know they can't count them correctly.

and also why are you only talking about farms, how about fast food, waiters, nannies, yard work, babysitting, newspaper delivery, etc, etc, etc....all the jobs that teenagers always did for money.....

This increase in unemployment rate among teenagers happened around the same time that a large number of illegal immigrants returned back home due to bad economy. What else happened around that time? Minimum wage went up from $5.15/hr in 2007 to $7.25/hr in 2009. And while the minimum wage changes have little effect on higher-paid older people, they are devastating to teenage employment, since they destroy a large number of entry-level jobs.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:
Grill wrote:
Krem wrote:

This increase in unemployment rate among teenagers happened around the same time that a large number of illegal immigrants returned back home due to bad economy. What else happened around that time? Minimum wage went up from $5.15/hr in 2007 to $7.25/hr in 2009. And while the minimum wage changes have little effect on higher-paid older people, they are devastating to teenage employment, since they destroy a large number of entry-level jobs.

then how come when you go into a fast food rest, you don't see all the teenagers that used to work there. Shit I remember having managers who were 18 year old teenagers in high school....and all the workers were teenagers... you never saw an older person working there years ago.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:09 pm
Cream of the Crop

Grill wrote:
then how come when you go into a fast food rest, you don't see all the teenagers that used to work there. Shit I remember having managers who were 18 year old teenagers in high school....and all the workers were teenagers... you never saw an older person working there years ago.

Because of the bad economy and higher minimum wage - older people are competing for higher-paid entry level positions with the teenagers. As an owner of a fast food place, if I had a choice, I would definitely hire a more experienced person over a teenager, all else being equal.

It is the same reason why during bad economy you will see more courteous staff at a Starbucks - more competition for service industry jobs nets better pool of candidates. When the economy picks back up you will see younger and ruder workers at fast food places again, don't worry! Still, a lot of the jobs destroyed by hikes in minimum wage won't be coming back, unless inflation catches up.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

So another day that Obama is in the news.

Read that Obama agreed to the Russian prisoner exchanges. So ....

How come Obama's Adm didn't catch these Russian spies operating on US soil during his regime???? Bad Obama Bad.

And. How come they gave up 10 Russians for 4 Americans. Seems like Obama should have got more. Bad Obama Bad.

And is Obama doing a good job running our US spy program? Doesn't seem like it from what I have read today.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 am
Cream of the Crop

Grill wrote:
So another day that Obama is in the news.

Read that Obama agreed to the Russian prisoner exchanges. So ....

How come Obama's Adm didn't catch these Russian spies operating on US soil during his regime???? Bad Obama Bad.

Huh? They arrested them during Obama's regime :)
Grill wrote:
And. How come they gave up 10 Russians for 4 Americans. Seems like Obama should have got more. Bad Obama Bad.

Read the news carefully. They exchanged 10 Russians for 4 other Russians. No Americans were involved.
Grill wrote:
And is Obama doing a good job running our US spy program? Doesn't seem like it from what I have read today.

Yes, a definite sign of failure of a spy program is when you can't find anything about what they do :funny:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:37 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

well it took them years...so many many more secerts were given away....and why did we want back Russians? OK, I will have to read up more on that....

kindof seems like when Obama played nice and didn't want others to get mad about him - the Israelis (not blasting them for those boat killings) and the UK (letting them off the BP hook, when he should have asked for their help)

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 am
Forum General

and more Obama news....

Half reject President Barack Obama's lawsuit against Arizona's controversial immigration law, with only a third supporting the move, according to a Gallup poll released Friday.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:29 am
Forum General

no wonder no one can come up with anything he has done right, do you realize Obama made 100 mistakes in his first 100 days and that was about 400 days ago....so I guess it is now 500 mistakes in 500 days?????

100 DAYS, 100 MISTAKES
JOE SCARBOROUGH, GLENN BECK AND OTHERS ON OBAMA'S SHORT, ERROR-PRONE TIME IN OFFICE
Last Updated: 8:22 AM, April 29, 2009

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/op ... 49BC868CE7

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:35 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Scarborough and Beck, very funny.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Quote:
6. "Mr. Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the 'teleprompt president' over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech."

How is that a "mistake"?

I am not sure what Argos's problem with Joe Scarborugh is. He is a mostly liberalish leaning libertarian former Congressman from Florida with a show on MSNBC that nobody watches. As for Glenn Beck, I cannot stand his fake emotionalism.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Caius wrote:
Quote:
6. "Mr. Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the 'teleprompt president' over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech."

How is that a "mistake"?

That must also be a joke. Obama can orate niftily over an hour without paper and fluff. I highly doubt that Bush could.

Caius wrote:
I am not sure what Argos's problem with Joe Scarborugh is. He is a mostly liberalish leaning libertarian former Congressman from Florida with a show on MSNBC that nobody watches. As for Glenn Beck, I cannot stand his fake emotionalism.

I read a few things, this for instance:

"While remaining 'extraordinarily conservative', Scarborough has recently become much more critical of George W. Bush and some of his policies." (Wikipedia)

I believe that if someone is a Republican and was once considered 'extraordinarily conservative', he cannot at the same time be an impartial critic of a (black) president who is attempting to change institutions like the health care system. I further believe that this list is not in any way meant to improve Obama's work but to end it altogether.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next