Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Sunday Ratings Thread: 9/23 
life begins now

Nice for Amazing Race. Anybody who saw it (Libs or Shack), was it good? I guess anything is better than the family edition.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:35 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM
Sbil

Nice for Amazing Race. Anybody who saw it (Libs or Shack), was it good? I guess anything is better than the family edition.

It was an outstanding premiere. This looks like the most promising season since the season with Rob/Amber and Uchenna/Joyce.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Looks like Sunday Night Football might not be so dominant when the new shows return. It is down about 6 million viewers I believe from last Sunday. I think Desperate Housewives will still win the night this season for Sundays.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:41 pm
Report this post
Cream of the Crop

Looks like Sunday Night Football might not be so dominant when the new shows return. It is down about 6 million viewers I believe from last Sunday. I think Desperate Housewives will still win the night this season for Sundays.

I neglected to mention that the 14 million viewers is an average for the game as well as the 75-minute pre-game show. So, the viewership for just the game is probably closer to 17 or 18 million.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:14 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Spider-Man wrote:

I neglected to mention that the 14 million viewers is an average for the game as well as the 75-minute pre-game show. So, the viewership for just the game is probably closer to 17 or 18 million.

Oh, in that case Desperate Housewives and Sunday Night Football will battle it out for the #1 spot for the first half of the season. I'm wondering how Without a Trace will do on Sundays as well.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:25 pm
Report this post
Indiana Jones IV

Ooh better than I expected for TAR. Granted it had a nice lead-in but the Without a Trace rerun not gaining viewers is a good sign. Its ratings will look worse next week when it declines out of 60 Minutes and Cold Case increases out of it, but still much better than where it was last season (7 million towards the end??). And I already like this year's TAR than either last year...TAR Family was a disaster and TAR9 was a snore. And hooray it beat the Fox lineup too.

Was Extreme Makeover new? If so that's kind of craptastic, it used to pull 15 million+. TAR almost beat it.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:31 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Was Extreme Makeover new? If so that's kind of craptastic, it used to pull 15 million+. TAR almost beat it.

It was a pre-season special. The season premiere is next week.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:43 pm
Report this post
Confessing on a Dance Floor

motherfuckingdamnittoyourbitchofamomassholeshit!! where are yesterday's ratings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:07 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Berman took the day off for Yom Kippur, and last time I checked, thefutoncritic was down. Guess relying on Zap2it and TV Guide aren't options?

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:12 pm
Report this post
Team Kris

motherfuckingdamnittoyourbitchofamomassholeshit!! where are yesterday's ratings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berman is observing Yom Kippur and thefutoncritic is redesigning the site or something.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:14 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Coming home to see the ratings from last night was what got me through work today.

Sad, I know. But still... I'm mad now :mad:

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:32 pm
Report this post
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Good for Amazing Race.

Um, people? The 'Til Death episode that aired last night was a rerun that aired at like 7:30 PM. It airs Thursdays.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that the show sucks though and it does.. Consider this sort of like the curse of SEINFELD in which none of the cast could get a decent TV Gig cause of Jerry Seinfeld stealing all the thunder from them and jinxing them and the same thing is happening now with the Cast of Everybody Hates Raymond.... I think Julia Louise Dreyfuss finally overcame this though..

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:31 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Julia Louis-Dreyfus should survive on "Old Christine", if CBS doesn't get impatient (like they do with every show that airs at 9:30 on Mondays) and move it to a death-slot.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:55 am
Report this post
Sbil

Julia Louis-Dreyfus should survive on "Old Christine", if CBS doesn't get impatient (like they do with every show that airs at 9:30 on Mondays) and move it to a death-slot.

Why would they be impatient? Didn't they just renew it for a full season?

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:21 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Draughty

If we're going to have daily ratings threads, there's no reason for these ones to be sticked anymore is there? I don't care which system is used, I just don't see the need for both.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:43 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Forum General

They need to be stickied so we can easily find the links to the daily ratings. If there are too many stickies, maybe have one thread with six posts, each for one day of the week?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:51 pm
Report this post
Draughty

But the whole point of these stickies was to clear up the clutter and remove the need for the daily thread. Then some of us suggested it go back to having the daily threads instead. But having both is frankly ridiculous, now half the page is just threads to ratings.

If the choice is either stickies alone or stickies AND the daily threads then I very much vote for stickies alone. But if I'm the only one who sees it like this then never mind, and I'm not criticizing plot btw, he's just doing what people ask him to do. And I"m not criticizing Libs either, I'm sure she's doing her best. It just seems like either there was some miscommunication or my tastes are way out of sync with everyone else.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:05 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Forum General

I liked having everything in one thread to begin with.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:57 pm
Report this post
Sbil

But the whole point of these stickies was to clear up the clutter and remove the need for the daily thread. Then some of us suggested it go back to having the daily threads instead. But having both is frankly ridiculous, now half the page is just threads to ratings.

If the choice is either stickies alone or stickies AND the daily threads then I very much vote for stickies alone. But if I'm the only one who sees it like this then never mind, and I'm not criticizing plot btw, he's just doing what people ask him to do. And I"m not criticizing Libs either, I'm sure she's doing her best. It just seems like either there was some miscommunication or my tastes are way out of sync with everyone else.

Haha well I'm not a mod anymore so

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:21 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: 9/10 Ratings
Plot wrote:
Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/newsletters ... /index.jsp

1. "Sunday Night Football" (NBC) 15.1/23
2. "NFL overrun/Post-game coverage" (FOX) 13.3/22
3. "The Path to 9/11" (ABC) 8.2/12
4. "9/11" (R, CBS) 8.2/12
5. "The Simpsons" (FOX) 8.1/12
6. "60 Minutes" (CBS) 7.7/12
7. "Family Guy" (FOX) 6.7/10
8. "U.S. Open Tennis overrun" (CBS) 6.6/11
9. "Football Night in America" (NBC) 6.3/10
10. "American Dad" (FOX) 6.0/9
11. "Cold Case" (R, CBS) 5.0/9
12. "America's Funniest Home Videos" (R, ABC) 5.0/8
13. "The War at Home" (FOX) 5.0/7

Viewer numbers were unavailable.

Damn, not even CW moving 7th Heaven to a Sunday night helped.. Say goodbye to this show..

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:06 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 am
Report this post
KJ's Leading Pundit

What is the number to beat for the Super Bowl?

How did last year do?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:22 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Last season averaged 90.745mil. I'm hoping for 100mil! (That should do wonders for my scores in the PIFeedback games.)

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:44 pm
Report this post
Forum General

uhhh :|

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:29 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2