Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Thursday Ratings Thread: 9/27 
Some days I'm a super bitch

If these numbers don't quash Meredith's whining, I don't know what will!

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:11 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

It's amazing that the 2 best shows on that list... The Office and Earl... BARELY crack the Top 10...

The world should be crying right now...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:13 pm
Report this post
The Wall

It seems like The CW will easily surpass FOX on Thursdays... Smallville will beat Til' Death and Happy Hour (both comedies will lose viewers in my opinion, and even if they keep these numbers, Smallvile should be on par or even have better numbers than last year) and Supernatural was a great lead out from Smallville last season (and a better show in my opinion), so that won't change this season, and it will smash Celebrity Duets...

The CW beat out FOX on Wednesday, Thursday are a lock... Go The CW...

Oh, and congrats to Grey's...

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:28 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Forum General

It's amazing that the 2 best shows on that list... The Office and Earl... BARELY crack the Top 10...

The world should be crying right now...

I can't help but agree.

I mean, great for Grey's, meh. But The Office deserves those numbers. DANG IT.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:44 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Here's an article on last night's ratings with slightly revised final numbers (Sorry X/Roid, Grey's still whopped CSI):

Quote:
McDreamy Ratings: 'Anatomy' Routs 'CSI' on Thursday
CBS won the night overall, but ABC dominated among younger viewers
September 22, 2006

The Thursday night ratings war will likely rage throughout the season, but ABC, fueled by "Grey's Anatomy," has won the first battle.

What was supposed to be the season's most heated confrontation turned out not to be, because on Thursday (Sept. 21) night, the season premiere of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" trounced the first episode of CBS' reigning procedural champ "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" in all key measures.

According to final Nielsen figures, "Grey's Anatomy" averaged 25.4 million viewers for the 9 p.m. hour, far more than the 22.6 million for "CSI."

Most industry observers had expected "CSI," television's top scripted show last season, to win in overall measurements, with the ABC medical drama closing the gap in the younger demographics. Instead, "Anatomy" won overall and just expanded the margin as viewers got younger. Among adults 18-49, "Anatomy" did an 11.0 rating, 43 percent higher than the 7.7 for "CSI." Among adults 18-34, the difference was up to 88 percent, with "Anatomy" doing a 10.7 rating to the 5.7 rating for "CSI."

ABC proudly boasted that this was the first scripted non-finale series ever to draw a larger audience than "CSI" in original Thursday head-to-head competition and contributed to ABC's strongest opening Thursday of a season in viewers and young adults in at least 15 years.

It helped that the 8 p.m. clip special "Grey's Anatomy: Complications of the Heart" drew 13.7 million viewers and did a 5.0 rating in the 18-49 demo. It remains to be seen how "Anatomy" will perform once the earlier slot's normal occupant, "Ugly Betty," premieres next week.

Signs were a bit less rapturous for the premiere of ABC's endlessly hyped "Six Degrees." The drama took that "Anatomy" lead-in and plummeted to 12.6 million viewers and a 5.4 demographic rating, splitting the hour with the series premiere of "Shark," which averaged more viewers (14.74 million), but fewer young ones (4.1 demo rating). CBS could boast that "Shark" is now the season's most watched new show, while ABC was getting excited about its strongest Thursday night scripted series debut in total viewers and adults 18-49 since 1994.

For all of the ABC hype, CBS actually remained the most watched network for the night overall with an average of 18.29 million viewers to ABC's 17.4 million. ABC's 7.2 rating in the 18-49 demo was 18 percent higher than CBS' 6.1 rating.

CBS and ABC weren't the only networks programming on Thursday, though.

NBC, which had a longtime stranglehold on Thursdays, got solid 8 p.m. hour performances from the second season premiere of "My Name Is Earl" (8.9 million viewers, 3.8 demo rating) and the third season launch of "The Office" (9.1 million viewers, 4.3 demo). Facing a somewhat lighter 10 p.m. foe with "Without a Trace" shipped to Sundays, the venerable "ER" premiered to 15.6 million viewers and a 6.8 demo rating, winning the hour in both measures.

In its regular morning ratings release, normally boisterous FOX noted simply, "FOX was not a factor last night."

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-greys ... -headlines

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:21 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

I dislike this constantly updated sticky thread malarkey. During the summer it's cool, but otherwise I think there should be individual threads created.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:43 pm
Report this post
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand

Great for Grey's, though DH had a massive premeire last year too... I expect it to settle in the 20-22 mil range, still great.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:29 pm
Report this post
Sbil

I dislike this constantly updated sticky thread malarkey. During the summer it's cool, but otherwise I think there should be individual threads created.

I kind of preferred the other way as well, but it's up to Plot

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:17 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

if i can get a voice in i preferred it the other way too, this way i get lost searching through the pages of where the conversation about the most recent week begins

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:28 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Draughty

Snrub wrote:

Me too, I just thought everone liked it this way so I didn't say anything.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:42 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Well, if we're going to voice opinions, I also liked the old way. I appreciate Plot's attempt to keep all the ratings thread clutter in six threads, but the individual threads are better.

And Grey's did not "whop" CSI. It won, fair and square. But whop? If Grey's had 30 million, and CSI had 16 million, that be a whoppin'.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:19 am
Report this post
Sbil

Well, if we're going to voice opinions, I also liked the old way. I appreciate Plot's attempt to keep all the ratings thread clutter in six threads, but the individual threads are better.

And Grey's did not "whop" CSI. It won, fair and square. But whop? If Grey's had 30 million, and CSI had 16 million, that be a whoppin'.

Oh, please.

I define "whop" as "beating." Not like it matters, since CSI was still huge anyway.

I've noticed you've tried to downplay Grey's performance in multiple ways (It'll go down more! They'll go back and forth! Grey's will go down because everyone hated the premiere!). I think you just should admit that a show you hate may well become the #1 scripted program and live with it. :hahaha:

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:37 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

I don't see how there can be any downplaying the incredible victory for Grey's Anatomy. Until Thursday, CSI was the #1 show on TV in the fall. Unbeatable! Invincible! Indestructable!

It was handed it's ass by a show about a chick laying on the floor in an evening gown. :funny:

A big congratulations to Grey's Anatomy for toppling such a ratings giant.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:42 am
Report this post
The French Dutch Boy

Congrats to Grey's for topping one of the most consistently great rated shows.

I expect Grey's to drop fairly dramatically though, since the premier was pretty crappy (even my Grey's Anatomy fan friends thought so). But I could be wrong, because I'm not sure what the general population thinks.

PEACE, Mike.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:10 pm
Report this post
Draughty

As someone who saw the premiere but is not a regular viewer, I am not sure what it is the fans didn't like about it. It seemed like typical GA to me.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:15 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Sbil

As someone who saw the premiere but is not a regular viewer, I am not sure what it is the fans didn't like about it. It seemed like typical GA to me.

I'm a freakishy Grey's fan and I thought the episode was wonderful.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:29 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Libs wrote:
Snrub wrote:

What might be cool is if we had the individual threads back, and stickies for each day at the top that link to each of the threads. Kind of like they do in the Everyone's A Critic forum.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:36 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Count me in for individual threads again, by the way.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:41 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Archie Gates wrote:
Libs wrote:
Snrub wrote:

What might be cool is if we had the individual threads back, and stickies for each day at the top that link to each of the threads. Kind of like they do in the Everyone's A Critic forum.

Noted. The changes will be implemented on Monday.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:18 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Archie Gates wrote:
Libs wrote:
Snrub wrote:

I would like this. So we can have each day have its own thread, but a place to find the daily threads easier.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:52 pm
Report this post
Forum General

I like the way it is now, but as long as there's a stickied thread with links to all the ratings, I'm happy.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:56 pm
Report this post
problem?

Ilikethiswaymoretobehonest,lessclutterandgarbagetopicsfortheTVforum.AndIdon't mindclickingafewtimestofindthemostcurrentdayanddiscussionforit.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:40 pm
Report this post
Forum General

over 3.6 million Canadians watched CSI acording to the Toronto star. Well CSI is always tops here. To compare, House had 750k viewers. That would amount to about 34.5 million viewers to the US to compare. Greys Anatomy had near 3 million.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:06 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Draughty

Snrub wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:
Libs wrote:
Snrub wrote:

I would like this. So we can have each day have its own thread, but a place to find the daily threads easier.

I don't know which way is best anymore. The thing is what Plot was intending I believe is that by having one thread we can much more easily compare a show's ratings to how it did in previous weeks. There's some merit to that.

Yes I'm flipflopping. :tongue: :oops:

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Forum General

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:06 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next