Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Wednesday Ratings Thread: 9/26 
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Seeing the Biggest Loser close to last place makes the puns way too easy

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:41 pm
Report this post
Forum General

wow.... that is pretty damn good for a Grey's Anatomy repeat on a different night!! I'm expecting nothing less than 20 million viwers for the premiere tonight.

So... NBC won Monday, ABC won Tuesday, and CBS I think won Wednesday.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:48 pm
Report this post
Sbil

Rather discouraging for NBC given the success they had on Monday and Tuesday. Kidnapped doesn't look long for the world.

Not too bad for Jericho.

Despite a somewhat promising start, Justice probably won't last much longer either.

The CW is off to a very good start.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:57 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Squee

Seeing the Biggest Loser close to last place makes the puns way too easy

The title of the show itself is already a clever play on words.

Fucking assholes. :rant:

:glare:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:07 pm
Report this post
Is this heaven, or is this hell?

Really good for Top Model. More people will be learning about the CW as the days go by too, I'd think.

OTH will have a great lead-in next week. :happy:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:08 pm
Report this post
Indiana Jones IV

Two extremes going here. Nice ratings for CBS, ABC & the CW (go Top Model), and quite underwhelming for NBC & FOX. The bottom is falling out for Bones, I wonder why. And Dancing with the Stars is crushing a lot of competition, I'm impressed.

The Biggest Loser I think IS the biggest loser of the bunch since it capped off last season with a mid-teen number if I recall. NBC is moronic for scheduling its premiere against two other reality phenoms with a more devoted fanbase. Reality junkie that I am, I would have watched The Biggest Loser were it not on against Top Model. And the same probably goes for a lot of DWTS viewers.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:49 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Team Kris

According to Marc Berman, Bones increased to 7.55 (+ 1 million) from the estimates?? Weird...

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:35 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Marc Berman wrote:
Although this is just based on the overnights, Criminal Minds last night beat Lost in the overnights. Criminal Minds averaged an 11.9/17 vs. an 11.4/17 for Lost. And Lost led out of Dancing With the Stars! Pretty shocking, right?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:38 am
Report this post

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:45 am
Report this post
Team Kris

Whoa

Marc Berman wrote:
Although this is just based on the overnights, Criminal Minds last night beat Lost in the overnights. Criminal Minds averaged an 11.9/17 vs. an 11.4/17 for Lost. And Lost led out of Dancing With the Stars! Pretty shocking, right?

:ohmy:

Overnights are the only the big markets (NY, LA) right? CBS shows do really well on litttle markets so Criminal Minds could still lead in the fast nationals.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:49 am
Report this post

All hail Roid!

Thanks Nebs. I guess that shows Positive Jon and Libs for laughing at my comment about CM and thinking its impossible :disgust:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:07 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

Nebs wrote:
All hail Roid!

Thanks Nebs. I guess that shows Positive Jon and Libs for laughing at my comment about CM and thinking its impossible :disgust:

Had it been proposed by someone so insanely negative towards everything in the world, I might've reconsidered. :nonono:

And Zap2it said that Lost beat Criminal Minds in total viewers, showing that Lost is a social experience for many people, and not a sociopathic experience for those Criminal Minds viewers. I STILL WIN.

For now. :|

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:23 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Mediaweek has Lost ahead in total viewers, 180,000 against Criminal Minds.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:25 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

Mediaweek has Lost ahead in total viewers, 180,000 against Criminal Minds.

It also beat CM by more than 50% among Adults 18-49.

CRIMINAL MINDS IS FOR OLD FOGGIES. HA!

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:26 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW

El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:
Nebs wrote:
All hail Roid!

Had it been proposed by someone so insanely negative towards everything in the world, I might've reconsidered. :nonono:

And Zap2it said that Lost beat Criminal Minds in total viewers, showing that Lost is a social experience for many people, and not a sociopathic experience for those Criminal Minds viewers. I STILL WIN.

Just to continue this theme of the "so called" negatively that has been tacted on to me, you sure the social experience of Lost wasnt talking about how bad the season premiere was so they switched to CM?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:31 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

Mood-Swing Jon wrote:
Nebs wrote:
All hail Roid!

Just to continue this theme of the "so called" negatively that has been tacted on to me, you sure the social experience of Lost wasnt talking about how bad the season premiere was so they switched to CM?

That doesn't make sense. Even if the groups of people were making fun of the show, they still contributed to the show's viewership numbers, so the "joke" is on them.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:47 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Sbil

Criminal Minds might be on par with Lost ratings-wise, but does anyone actually like the show? I mean, in all honesty. It's one of thoise phantom shows where I have never met someone who watches it.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:24 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Draughty

Yeah, I'm just gonna say...

Criminal Minds might be on par with Lost ratings-wise, but does anyone actually like the show? I mean, in all honesty. It's one of thoise phantom shows where I have never met someone who watches it.

Yeah me either.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:55 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW

Libs wrote:

Yeah me either.

Nobody watches the Office either

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:07 pm
Report this post
Sbil

Archie Gates wrote:
Libs wrote:

Yeah me either.

But at least you hear people talk about The Office. It (along with Lost) has solid water cooler buzz.

I have never heard anyone even discuss or bring up Criminal Minds outside of the Internet.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:13 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW

Archie Gates wrote:
Libs wrote:

Yeah me either.

But at least you hear people talk about The Office. It (along with Lost) has solid water cooler buzz.

I have never heard anyone even discuss or bring up Criminal Minds outside of the Internet.

Its not as though shows like CM, Jag or those Walker Texas Rangers are arch type shows nor are hey aquired taste comedies like Seinfield or Married with children that people talk about back then. I will bring up Old Christine too and I dont get the wrong idea that Im bringing up the show to spite you which Im not but I will use it as an example too where I dont even know anyone in my building or where I live talk about. Does that take away the good ratings that it still gets even though its not a water cooler discussin show but a hand-me-down show like that Brooke Shields show?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:21 pm
Report this post
Draughty

Libs wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:
Libs wrote:

Yeah me either.

Its not as though shows like CM, Jag or those Walker Texas Rangers are arch type shows nor are hey aquired taste comedies like Seinfield or Married with children that people talk about back then. I will bring up Old Christine too and I dont get the wrong idea that Im bringing up the show to spite you which Im not but I will use it as an example too where I dont even know anyone in my building or where I live talk about. Does that take away the good ratings that it still gets even though its not a water cooler discussin show but a hand-me-down show like that Brooke Shields show?

You are taking her rhetorical comment too literally. She didn't mean no one actually watched it, but that it is one of those shows that flies under radar and doesn't have much of a fanbase but bobs around in the higher end of the ratings anyway. Which is something you seem to agree with based on your last post.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:40 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

I don't think that "much talk" about a show has anything to do with the fanbase of it. Not every part of a fanbase has the need to talk about it. Unless the ratings of one show are significantly better than the ones of another show, it isn't really possible to tell which one has the bigger fanbase.

Besides, your sample size is too small. Who knows, maybe somewhere else all the people are talking about CM and not about Lost. I haven't heard much talk about CSI: Miami, neither on the internet nor in real-life, there are many shows who are much more talked about, yet it is still the most successful american tv-show on German television.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:16 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Looks like this week Criminal Minds did beat Lost in both share and viewers.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:36 pm
Report this post
Is this heaven, or is this hell?

Kind of poor for OTH too.

Last edited by Shack on Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:41 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next