Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Cut and paste problem 
Extraordinary

Post Cut and paste problem
Not sure if anyone can help here.

When I take an already existing post and then try to edit it later, if I copy something and try to paste it into the body of the text, it crashes on me.

In the "Rotten Tomatoes" game thread, this means I have not been able to update the chart and must make a brand new post at the end of the thread.

Not sure why this is happening.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Cut and paste problem
No one around to help any more. I miss Karl.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I copy and paste a lot in my Japan Box Office thread, and I've had some issues with it "loading" the updated text when I try to post it. I'm not sure what you mean by "crash", but it does erase the text all-together in some of my attempts since it's usually "loading" the preview/post but never completes the process. If you hit refresh, back, or anything it's all lost. Is that what's happening to you?

So to save what's sometimes 30 minutes to an hour of work, I regularly copy/paste what I'll eventually be posting into a notepad first. That way, if the forum doesn't load the text properly (or losses it) when I'm ready to preview/post, the work isn't lost and I can try again (which almost always works the second time).

I just figured this was my computer or internet connection causing this problem, but maybe not.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Thanks for responding.

Since I don't seem to have this problem on other boards, I assume there is some glitch here.

Everything is saved on my computer, that's not the problem -- I just get an error screen when I try to edit an already existing post. Instead, I just add another post to the end of the thread, no problem ... but it was easier to have the first post in the thread the one with the updated information.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Yep that happens to me too when I try to paste my charts for the pick'em game. the site crashes and some kind of error appears.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]