Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Thread Locked? 
Extraordinary

Post Thread Locked?
Hi guys. I spent some time preparing a post for this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69874 ) but unfortunately it seems the thread was accidentally locked before I could submit. Please fix this issue immediately.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm
You must have big rats

Post Re: Thread Locked?
The thread was locked at the request of the thread creator. Thus it remains locked.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

It looks like David just couldnt handle the heat and putting his foot in his mouth

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:49 pm
Sbil

I wanted to respond to David's thread because I WAS a top athlete in high school, lol. Being athletic and posting on this forum at the same time isn't impossible.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:03 pm
Pure Phase

I apologize you were denied the chance to tout your incredible achievement, Libs. Perhaps it is deserving of its own thread?

Anyway, it needed to be closed. The minute I said I am not a big fan of Dr. Strangelove (sorry!), any potential interest the thread held evaporated. It was just going to become more and more of an unpleasant pile on, and I am not in the mood.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:27 pm
Pure Phase

Not at all. Bro.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:35 pm
Sbil

David wrote:
I apologize you were denied the chance to tout your incredible achievement, Libs. Perhaps it is deserving of its own thread?

Anyway, it needed to be closed. The minute I said I am not a big fan of Dr. Strangelove (sorry!), any potential interest the thread held evaporated. It was just going to become more and more of an unpleasant pile on, and I am not in the mood.

lol I'm just joshing you. But my point still stands! :P

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 pm
You must have big rats

Well, it seems to me that if the thread's creator doesn't want the thread to go on, it is her/his decision. So be it.

I think trix' "Do you have real life friends" was somewhat uncalled for and was really unrelated to the topic. At the same time, simple fact is, that on these boards, you grow a thick skin, or you're in for a tough time. That is the reason why several members of our community have left it over the years. It has actually gotten better than it used to be a while back.

On top of that, as for David's question in the aforementioned thread - no, I for one, am by no means considered introverted/an outsider. I don't think I'd be able to do all the things that I do if I was. I just very much enjoy being on these forums anyway. That stands in no connection to my social/real life.

But then again, it doesn't really matter. Not sure why the whole issue was raised in the first place.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Sounds as if you're a member of a big Party.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:44 pm
You must have big rats

Not sure I get that.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Good. ;)

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:47 pm
Pure Phase

Let me phrase it this way in regard to trixster: if you are the type of person who spends a portion of your morning excoriating a person online, including nasty insinuations regarding his or her personal life, then chances are you are in no position to be doing so in the first place. I believe this rings true.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:28 pm
now we know

Tensions running high here it seems. David, you know that trixster isn't going to create threads for you in the review forum now. :funny:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Another thread that has run its course.

Same goes for the entire issue.

Go about your things, folks.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]