Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 g should be banned for one week 
Pure Phase

Post Re: g should be banned for one week
Wow, lol.

This is rather rich considering the number of cynical, sarcastic, and/or fractious people here, including, in many cases, yourself.

If I'm banned, though, fine, cool, etc. There are other film/music forums in the world.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 pm
Pure Phase

All right. If it's felt my banter with Mannyisthebest, who nearly always responds with his own retort and an "lol," represents a malevolent, ban-worthy offense, then I should definitely be sent to the great Internet prison in the sky.

Good call, Magnus.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
I say we keep David and ban the useless Manny.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Magnus wrote:
alright, so you agree.

get on it trix.

Trix no longer manages discipline on the forums, that duty falls to me. I want all the mods who help out here to enjoy their experience as much as possible and discipline fosters no enjoyment. Trix stepped up and took control when moderation was needed, and for that I can't thank him any more than to relieve him from that duty.

I haven't seen any offensive posts between David and Manny, so I won't comment other than to say that often interactions seem more hostile to the casual reader than the members involved perceive it to be. We in no way want someone stalking someone else, and you're correct in that a string of comments which all are OK in isolation can turn into a violation when repetitive targeting occurs.

In addition, I'd like to point out that these types of posts are not in any way helpful, even if an infraction is taking place. The post itself is hostile. There are better ways to approach this situation: PM me directly, PM David directly and ask what's going on, etc. At our best, we should be a community that acts to bring members together to reconcile differences, not individual users who aim to strike at other individuals.

If Manny has an issue with any interactions, I encourage him to reach out to me or David and we'll get to the bottom of it.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

If what happened between Manny and I on this page-- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67136&start=25 --is aggressive stalking, then I s'pose I am guilty, but at the time it was intended (and, as far as I could see, received) as tongue-in-cheek, albeit maybe a shade crass...since the topic was strip clubs.

Unless Manny has anything to say, I don't feel there's a major issue here. *shrugs*

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]