Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 How do you choose mods? 
Speed Racer

Post How do you choose mods?
How does this process happen?

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

It doesn't happen by asking the question twice. Or nagging. Frankly, there's more than enough mods right now, but, if you want to be considered, please try to show some moderation. I haven't heard from you in a while, but you were a pain at BOM.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:32 pm
Speed Racer

It doesn't happen by asking the question twice. Or nagging. Frankly, there's more than enough mods right now, but, if you want to be considered, please try to show some moderation. I haven't heard from you in a while, but you were a pain at BOM.

HAHAHA i know i loved that site

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Leave him be! We need a mixture of every kind of people here at KJ. That's what's gonna make this site better and better to come to.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:55 pm
Powered By Hate

torrino wrote:

Leave him be! We need a mixture of every kind of people here at KJ. That's what's gonna make this site better and better to come to.

I just hope that this site doesn't become another DSO: when the main conversers are banned because they are being idiots, and thus new topic making drastically falls and people leave the place.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:02 pm
College Boy Z

As long as you don't spam the hell out of the thread or get out of hand, I doubt we'll be see many or any bannings here. We want this place to be fun, but at the same time, not crazy.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:03 pm
Powered By Hate

As long as you don't spam the hell out of the thread or get out of hand, I doubt we'll be see many or any bannings here. We want this place to be fun, but at the same time, not crazy.

*finds Nazi swastika under Zingaling's coat*

Yeah, sure thing, mein furher... :roll:

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:04 pm
rustiphica

Ya. There's not really any rules here except for respect other people (but you can joke around) and think moderation.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:04 pm
George A. Romero

Zingaling wrote:

Ya. There's not really any rules here except for respect other people (but you can joke around) and think moderation.

you got it rusty. this forum will be so much better than BOM in time.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:05 pm
College Boy Z

Also, I think at the current time, we have enough mods. Pretty soon, when the site grows, others will become mods. But for now, I'd have to suggest no one else. It's not up to me, but I think we have enough for the amount of people we have at the current time.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:06 pm
rustiphica

All you really needed was 2 people that come here regularly and that was fine with moding.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:07 pm
New Server, Same X

You need someone with a cool name, and the person with the sexiest avatar. Goddamn, that's me! :wink: The moderating is good right now, since the forum is just starting.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:29 pm
Extraordinary

I have some suggestions about MODs and reorganizing the forums, but didn't want to start an entire thread on it. Perhaps instead of having two or three mods supervise the entire forum, which can be quite demanding, we should have mods only pick one or two forums, and make those forums their "babies." You know what I am saying? The Mod(s) for that forum would be invested in that particular one, and would generate information, threads, and keep the mainenance and excitement of the forums as high as possible. Perhaps even make up some rules that are particular only to that forum, and initiate engaging projects, etc.

Also, in this fashion, each forum will develop its own "personality."

Kind of like each of the Spice Girls. :D

Also, I think the Let it Rip forum needs to go. As more people join, that is going to become an incredibly hostile and bitter space. Politics should be merged with Water Cooler, IMO, since politics and life are not seperate. Literature/Artwork/Theater/etc should perhaps have one combined forum?

Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:49 am
Commander and Chef

Dolcee is echoing something i said when I came on here.

Do we really need a complete oscar section? a rumor section? Isnt it nice when 1 forum thrives cause everything is inside it? I'm personally against the foreign forum as well but people seem to want a seperate one so what do I know.

I think I understand why World Affairs was seperated but once again, the lesser the division, the better.

I had a suggestion though. Usually, a forum can have a subforum. For example the Box office is a forum, but I believe you are allowed to have a sub forum inside it. While the Movie Discussion forum can benefit from having a foreign film subforum INSIDE it and the box office can have one with a box office games inside it, I think that would be cool. It would still make a person visit both forums on their way to the subforum.

Which is why I'll be a linient on people starting threads in the general movie discusion forum and the water cooler. if I think a political topic has enough merit, or news, or a TV discussion or something and its in the water cooler, I'll let it be. Same with the movie if some rumor or oscar threads reside ... the major ones atleast.

I'm okay with modding everything that I'm allowed to right now. I'm glad I'm not incharge of music and oscar and stuff. Its a good idea having amer n all taking care of sections they spend a lot in instead of having the same 4 mods or so for the entire site.

So I'm personally okay with the sections I have and I'm sure lovemerox or zingalings (who are my partners in crime here) will br able to provide enough help with modding them : )

Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]