Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Torri give me 1 reason why Argos should be a mod 
"no rank"

Post Re: Torri give me 1 reason why Argos should be a mod
I just think its really strange that Argos has had such a horrible track record with the staff here, and I'm not just saying this, but there's a list of previous admins/mods, some still working on the new team, who have said the same thing over and over again about him.

I know you're the king of second third fourth fifth chances Eagle and supreme diplomat. Well done. And now you're kinda "whatever, I could care less, not my job."

But what's the point in waiting for Argos to fuck up and delete 100 threads or one really important thread or reveal someone's personal info, when we know he'll do it eventually. It's not a matter of if but when. He couldnt even be trusted with the ability to post photos and have a signature, but now he can moderate WoKJ?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

loyalfromlondon wrote:
I just think its really strange that Argos has had such a horrible track record with the staff here, and I'm not just saying this, but there's a list of previous admins/mods, some still working on the new team, who have said the same thing over and over again about him.

I know you're the king of second third fourth fifth chances Eagle and supreme diplomat. Well done. And now you're kinda "whatever, I could care less, not my job."

But what's the point in waiting for Argos to fuck up and delete 100 threads or one really important thread or reveal someone's personal info, when we know he'll do it eventually. It's not a matter of if but when. He couldnt even be trusted with the ability to post photos and have a signature, but now he can moderate WoKJ?

i'm so glad i'm not the only person with these thoughs.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 am
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
loyalfromlondon wrote:
But what's the point in waiting for Argos to fuck up and delete 100 threads or one really important thread or reveal someone's personal info, when we know he'll do it eventually. It's not a matter of if but when.

Since defamation seems legitimate, I will spread the indisputable rumor that Loyal Williams-Mehnert molests children.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Z

get wrote:
i'm so glad i'm not the only person with these thoughs.

There is no foolery you do not share with many others.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

loyalfromlondon wrote:

Well said.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:32 am
Profile WWW
"no rank"

Argos wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
But what's the point in waiting for Argos to fuck up and delete 100 threads or one really important thread or reveal someone's personal info, when we know he'll do it eventually. It's not a matter of if but when.

Since defamation seems legitimate, I will spread the indisputable rumor that Loyal Williams-Mehnert molests children.

zingy wrote:
he has gained my respect through how dedicated he was in his campaign for becoming an administrator, his maturity and calm responses to loyal's accusations and threads like this, and what I felt was a sign of him taking this position seriously (by offering to resign if the rest of the team wished). And when he says that he is going to be a responsible moderator, I'm going to take his word on that.

This is actually the third time in as many days that Argos has referred to me as a child molester (or having AIDS). I obviously cant have those types of comments floating around right now, considering what's going on in my professional life and being vetted online. I removed the previous comments when I saw them but I'll let this one stand for a bit so you can see how mature your new moderator is.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:49 am
Z

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Argos wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:

zingy wrote:
he has gained my respect through how dedicated he was in his campaign for becoming an administrator, his maturity and calm responses to loyal's accusations and threads like this, and what I felt was a sign of him taking this position seriously (by offering to resign if the rest of the team wished). And when he says that he is going to be a responsible moderator, I'm going to take his word on that.

This is actually the third time in as many days that Argos has referred to me as a child molester (or having AIDS). I obviously cant have those types of comments floating around right now, considering what's going on in my professional life and being vetted online. I removed the previous comments when I saw them but I'll let this one stand for a bit so you can see how mature your new moderator is.

Do you still refuse to see the point?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:50 am
Profile WWW
INRI

The aids comment was mine, loyalfromlondon.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:50 am
"no rank"

loyalfromlondon wrote:

I love that this has been reported.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
College Boy Z

loyal, without removing Argos from the team, what do you think would be the best thing to do? Permanent restrictions? Probationary period?

And Eagle, loyal, someone who knows...is there a way to block mods from IPs and personal information for posters?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 am
"no rank"

zingy wrote:
loyal, without removing Argos from the team, what do you think would be the best thing to do? Permanent restrictions? Probationary period?

I think the fact that there is even the idea of restrictions and probationary periods for Argos runs counter to the purpose of having him on your team in the first place.

You guys are going to do whatever you feel is right and just. But there's also going to be a lot of users uncomfortable with the idea of him running around with any power beyond that of a normal user.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

But you can say the same thing about me.

Hell, there are people uncomfortable with Eagle, and he's the OWNER!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:47 am
"no rank"

ChipMunky wrote:

No, you can't.

Someone could compile a list of the bannings and reason for bannings for Argos but it would take a while because its spans years.

The odd thing is that his bannings aren't like other bannings here, say fights between users and such. Argos' bannings were almost without exception about destructive activity in regards to the forum itself. That's the troubling part.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 am
Z

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Argos' bannings were almost without exception about destructive activity in regards to the forum itself. That's the troubling part.

Yet the forum is still there and no destruction has ever been noticed. Interesting...

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

loyalfromlondon wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:

No, you can't.

Someone could compile a list of the bannings and reason for bannings for Argos but it would take a while because its spans years.

The odd thing is that his bannings aren't like other bannings here, say fights between users and such. Argos' bannings were almost without exception about destructive activity in regards to the forum itself. That's the troubling part.

That's all I wanted :wub2:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 am
"no rank"

Argos wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Argos' bannings were almost without exception about destructive activity in regards to the forum itself. That's the troubling part.

Yet the forum is still there and no destruction has ever been noticed. Interesting...

Your string of bannings say otherwise.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:08 am
Z

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Argos wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:

Your string of bannings say otherwise.

So Bertrand Russell caused war by going to jail for his fight against the war?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Future Love

torrino wrote:
4. Of course I have my doubts. Argos is still a little mysterious to me. I'm not Facebook friends with him, I've never seen his picture, and I don't know anyone that's had "real contact" with him (via, e.g., a personal e-mail account or phone or even skype). I also don't understand how his German clique came to be (but still, why can't that be as legitimate as, say, KGay, Korrgan-McSteamy-harry and co., yoshue-trixster-snack-Libs-Box, or any other "clique" on the forum?).

Torri quit grouping my name with McSteamy's or any others for that matter. I am part of no clique and certainly have no more affiliation with McSteamy than most others here. I don't see where you are drawing a connection from but knock it off kid. Leave my name out of your misinformed generalizations, thanks.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

It's very informed.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 pm
Future Love

ChipMunky wrote:
It's very informed.

If by "It" you mean your spouse and "very informed" you mean of your homosexuality I don't doubt it.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Wow, nice one.

It could mean that.

Or it could mean that the only people that can stand you are Korrgan/The Late show.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 pm
Future Love

ChipMunky wrote:
Wow, nice one.

It could mean that.

Or it could mean that the only people that can stand you are Korrgan/The Late show.

I am friends with many on this board. Most likely far more than you, but thanks anyway. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures when Raffi, Christian and I have our vacation weekend next month.

Do you even think before you speak? (rhetorical)

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:11 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yes, take pictures before. And then after they kick your ass.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:16 pm
Future Love

You really have zero value. It's sad.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Well, you would know.