Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Marketing 
now we know

Post Re: Marketing
lol true

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Well Dr Lecter might be back for a month in early 2019 to run the Movie Awards so maybe he will give a shit then :funny:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 am
now we know

I thought 2018 was his final time doing it.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Oh well. Lecter used to post 100 times a day on KJ while working like 18 hours a day on school, but I guess he's too busy now to find out how to make someone else a main site admin

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:08 pm
now we know

Yeah. That also puzzled me. Lecter has always (as long as I've known him) had his website and other duties, but he still posted a ton. Now, even with one less obligation (the girlfriend) he seems even busier!

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

I talk to him on Facebook. He told me in the past that he won’t post anymore. I just asked him about granting accesses to the code.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 am
Veteran

GuybrushX McMurphy wrote:
lilmac wrote:
Once we revamp the site we can market it as the refuge for ex-IMDb forum users. There was a YUGE population that had nowhere to go when Amazon killed the forums. We could be it.

That might have been something to think about almost two years ago. People who were searching for a new place already went to one or more of the dozens of sites and forums that were competing for the userbase right when the imdb boards got closed. KJ also doesn't have what many of them were looking for: Individual boards for each movie and person. Of course, there might still be a handful of people who a) spent 2 years searching for a new forum, but found none of the vast and varied choices to be satisfactory and b) realize that a random forum like KJ is exactly what they need to meet their very particular needs.

Trust me, I’ll bring them in. Want to wait until the site is revamped before going crazy on the marketing piece.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:25 am
now we know

Could be in for a long wait.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I asked Karl to directly reach Lecter via email.

Karl’s feedback:

You'd want to get someone admin access to the forum, that would give them the ability to effect change there. The main site is HTML, CSS, Javascript, and PHP on the server side. A lot of it is tied into the forum, leverages many forum functions for login, etc.

- Nothing new

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm
Veteran

Progress made. Eagle helped. Stay tuned.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:31 am
Veteran

Progress made. Thanks in large part to Shack figuring out the inner workings (which I found confusing to navigate, let alone code) and jumpstarting the article writing. And he manages the Twitter page. He’s a rockstar.

However, we are not resting on our laurels.

Expect a robust marketing campaign soon but first we need more ideas on what incremental improvements to make. Thanks in advance! ;)

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:44 am
now we know

lilmac wrote:
but first we need more ideas on what incremental improvements to make.

I have one: If you insist on keeping the KJ Gooooollld forum, could you at least rename it to KJ Gold? and change its description as well. Perhaps "A place for those legendary KJ threads" rather than "back by popular demand".

But I vote to remove the entire forum anyway.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I actually like the idea of KJ Gold, it just needs to be tended to better. I think we can put some things in there like Trump getting elected, the MJ/Heath Ledger death threads ("HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED" is my favorite thread title of all time) and Dr Lecter and zwackerm's drama threads. Putting the the funniest moments in there like BKB's posts has mixed results because it's like retelling a joke that was funny in the moment

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:18 pm
Devil's Advocate

I moved a few more threads to KJ Gold, if anyone has suggestions let me know. I couldn't find the infamous "April Fool's" threads outside of a Q&A after, Eagle may have deleted them at the time

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:00 pm
now we know

What's the story with the 13 April Facebook post? It had 3.1k likes (all people from India), yet no change in the forum; no new members, no new predictions for the contest.

Obviously you boosted the post, but did you target Pakistan and India? You really need help with the Facebook side of things. Throwing money at this will not work.

Thu May 30, 2019 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I'm pretty impressed with the regular Instagram updates though.

Thu May 30, 2019 9:16 am
Veteran

Open invitation to anyone who wants to join the WOKJ marketing/social media team!

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3