Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again - Official Trailer 
now we know

Post Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again - Official Trailer

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 am
now we know

Post Re: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again - Official Trailer
Not for me, but when that "Mamma Mia" song starts the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Great song. And the best bit in the trailer is when the men get a line. It's all noise up until that point. Lily James is so fucking gorgeous. Cher looks like David Gest. What an atrocity!

Box office-wise I think this will be another My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (which made $60m!). There's no way this sequel makes another $144m. It'll drop but still have a respectable gross.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:02 am
With or Without You

I wanted to stop this 20sec. in because MEH!...but Algren's comments made me continue and damn, this looks great actually. Love the music. I didn't even see Mamma Mia! but I'll make plans to see that now. And yes on James, feel I never really saw that before, but :wub2:

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 am
Why is the rum gone???

Are they hiding the Streep from trailers or is it that everyone except her is in this movie? Decent trailer I guess but I didn't like it much.

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:00 pm
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Are they hiding the Streep from trailers or is it that everyone except her is in this movie? Decent trailer I guess but I didn't like it much.

To me all signs point to them having killed off her character :whaa:. I can't believe they'd do that. That's kind of a disappointment. I know she's back in some capacity as she's listed in the cast but it might just be flashbacks or something. Not sure how well this will do without Streep.

I do love Lily James since Baby Driver though. Looking forward to the movie. The first was so much fun.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:03 am
now we know

Streep is on the poster only as an "And Meryl Streep", so it certainly looks like a small role. Just by the trailer it seems that Lily James is Meryl Streep's character but 30 years ago, and Amanda Seyfried is in the present, so with much of the movie taking place in the past, I suspect Streep just has one scene ... probably at the birth.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:40 am
Why is the rum gone???

Yeah I did some search and Streep is still listed in the cast but it doesn't seem to be a big role and I think its good for the marketing to set expectations otherwise a lot of people will be pissed coming out when she is not in the movie.

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:03 pm
now we know

I've seen a few places speculating that Streep's character has died. I don't see that. The only reason I see them killing her off would be if she wasn't available, but she is on the poster so she has done some work on the film. If they wanted to kill her off and just use flashbacks they have a whole film to get clips from, no need to use new footage. I say she's alive but will only have one scene.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:17 pm
No pride

*adds Lily James to crush list*

No Streep really lowers my expectations for this though. And will they be re-using songs instead of going for the ABBA deep cuts? Meh. Also it's a small complaint but "Here We Go Again" doesn't make you think prequel without the first film's star. "The Day Before You Came" would've been a more fitting title, although slightly clunky. Maybe "Does Your Mother Know"?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:01 pm
now we know

Shack wrote:
Also it's a small complaint but "Here We Go Again" doesn't make you think prequel without the first film's star.

Yeah, and I think this will subconsciously affect the film's CinemaScore, RT user rating etc.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:45 pm
Cream of the Crop

I'll probably have to see this needless jukebox musical sequel just because of the cast, but I curse the trailer every time I see it for infecting me with a weeklong earworm.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]