Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Stupid reasons why people hate movies 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Stupid reasons why people hate movies
Ever come across reviews and every other negative review there is someone bitching about the SAME stupid thing? Here are a few of mine I find all the time:

1. ID4 is not realistic (Well duh! It's sci-fi!) and too patriotic (Well yes it was made in America, so what?)
2. The NAZI Germans were treated as "subhumans" and "evil" in Saving Private Ryan (Well duh they are evil!)
3. Star Wars 1 and 2 have Jar Jar Binks (He isn't THAT bad) and bad acting (So does the OT) and loads of special effects (so does the OT)
4. People bitching how the Alien is hardly in Alien at times (Well yeah you got to build the suspense!)
5. Titanic has a cheesy love story (the love story works perfect for teens their age)

What are some you guys' find all the time?

Last edited by Star Wars on Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Here's "stupid" reasons why you suck as well as your username, StarWarsEpisode7:

1. Lack of depth in your posts
2. The name makes people think you anticipate for SW EP.7
3. You really make stereotypes of any statistics, like when you believe Titanic's love story is "perfect" for ALL (not "almost all") teens.
4. You think you have an above average intelligence.
5. WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, ESPECIALLY SOMETHING AGAINST SPEILBERG AND IN SUPPORT FOR FIRST TWO EPISODES!!

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Here's "stupid" reasons why you suck as well as your username, StarWarsEpisode7:

3. You really make stereotypes of any statistics, like when you believe all (NOT "not everyone") people like Titanic's love story.
5. WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, ESPECIALLY SOMETHING AGAINST SPEILBERG AND IN SUPPORT FOR FIRST TWO EPISODES!!

6. LITERALLY EVERYTHING Starwarsepisode7 says IS IRONIC.

i.e. making a thread about stupid reasons why people hate movies while he himself put that the reason he doesn't like A Clockwork Orange is because it's "just plain bad" :roll:

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

StarWarsEpisode7 is rising greatly in the ranks of the top WOKJ trolls here without personally insulting anyone.
Great Work on such accomplishment ! :wink:

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:46 pm
College Boy Z

I respect StarWarsEpisode7 for taking all the crap people dish out about his love for Star Wars and his taste in movies.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:49 pm
Romosexual!

I respect StarWarsEpisode7 for taking all the crap people dish out about his love for Star Wars and his taste in movies.

I wouldn't blame him if he stops taking em and starts dishing em back at the aholes.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:56 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Stupid reasons why people hate movies
StarWarsEpisode7 wrote:
2. The Germans were treated as "subhumans" and "evil" in Saving Private Ryan (Well duh they are evil!)
LMFAO, that's great. I think you mean Schindlers List though,

Most of SW7s post seem abnormally stupid, but thats what being a fanboy is all about,

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:58 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Guys, this could actually be an interesting topic if you guys, you know, actually came up with your own lists instead of directing your comments toward another member who never insulted any of you.

The stupidest reason I've seen for hating a movie, is because people try to fit in, instead of using their own minds.

Catwoman is hated by how many people who wouldn't bother to watch it if they were paid. Why, because it "hip" to hate on Catwoman. Pretty frickin' stupid, isn't it? Give the sheep something to bitch about, and they'll flock from all over the world to do it, even if they don't know why.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:04 pm
Teenage Dream

Guys, this could actually be an interesting topic if you guys, you know, actually came up with your own lists instead of directing your comments toward another member who never insulted any of you.

The stupidest reason I've seen for hating a movie, is because people try to fit in, instead of using their own minds.

Catwoman is hated by how many people who wouldn't bother to watch it if they were paid. Why, because it "hip" to hate on Catwoman. Pretty frickin' stupid, isn't it? Give the sheep something to bitch about, and they'll flock from all over the world to do it, even if they don't know why.

Couldn't agree more. For example, believe it or not, Gigli is not that bad. Is it great film making? Not by a longshot. Is it passable Saturday afternoon entertainment that's actually pretty funny? You bet.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:10 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Nope, no one is really dissing this Starwarsepisode7 lad but his posts only consists of trying to make all Lucas films good while going on the super polar opposite and criticizing any movie that isnt by Lucas or Spielberg for that matter. Hes basically making this whole thread BECAUSE hes on another defensive end on StarWars. :roll: Didnt you notice 2 of those 5 reasons fall under the Lucas/Spielberg category. How about I list his stupid reason for giving Sahara an F-?

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:16 pm
Extraordinary

Let me go into the future and post something i bet many people will post after seeing the chronicles of narnia.

I didnt like the obviouse christianity in the film.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Maverikk wrote:

Couldn't agree more. For example, believe it or not, Gigli is not that bad. Is it great film making? Not by a longshot. Is it passable Saturday afternoon entertainment that's actually pretty funny? You bet.

No its not, its fucking awful.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

3. You really make stereotypes of any statistics, like when you believe Titanic's love story is "perfect" for ALL (not "almost all") teens.

I'd asvise you to please take a look at the new forum guidelines before making comments such as this. Thank you.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

I'd asvise you to please take a look at the new forum guidelines before making comments such as this. Thank you.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
Maverikk wrote:

No its not, its fucking awful.

No, it's not. The Pest? That's fucking awful. Gigli actually has some nice scenes in it, and it gets points for not being a stereotypical Hollywood romcom when it so easily could have been and probably would have been better accepted if it went that route. At least it tries to do something different then what you would expect.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:36 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Nope, no one is really dissing this Starwarsepisode7 lad but his posts only consists of trying to make all Lucas films good while going on the super polar opposite and criticizing any movie that isnt by Lucas or Spielberg for that matter. Hes basically making this whole thread BECAUSE hes on another defensive end on StarWars. :roll: Didnt you notice 2 of those 5 reasons fall under the Lucas/Spielberg category. How about I list his stupid reason for giving Sahara an F-?
Yes I defended Star Wars 1 and 2 - that's because they are on the list. However I DID defend a Spielberg film - meaning I did not have my anti-Spielbergness here.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Let me go into the future and post something i bet many people will post after seeing the chronicles of narnia.

I didnt like the obviouse christianity in the film.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good one!

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

makeshift... today you are the mongoose to my snake...

makeshift wrote:
Gigli actually has some nice scenes in it, and it gets points for not being a stereotypical Hollywood romcom when it so easily could have been and probably would have been better accepted if it went that route. At least it tries to do something different then what you would expect.

Like what "nice scenes"? The scene in the car where the kid is talking about sex with "the Baywatch"? The "I'm the bull" speech? Lopez's stretching routine while talking about her philosophy of the cock? Walken's utterly bizarre speech? What about the "fantastic" scene where Gigli smashes the laptop? No. I can't think of one scene in that movie that is salvageable.

And Jennifer Lopez's character was the only one in the movie that wasn't stereotypical, and wasn't mocked.

Very often you hear "worst movie of the year" thrown about and it's not really the case... Catwoman was entertaining on some level, Showgirls you can make fun of, etc. But sometimes the stars align and bring us a movie like Gigli... a movie so bad that it really does deserve everything that's getting thrown at it.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Paycheck is disliked by many because it's fashionable to diss Ben Affleck. Judged on its own merits, most would like it.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Stupid reasons why people hate movies
Flava'd‡ wrote:
StarWarsEpisode7 wrote:
2. The Germans were treated as "subhumans" and "evil" in Saving Private Ryan (Well duh they are evil!)
LMFAO, that's great. I think you mean Schindlers List though,

Most of SW7s post seem abnormally stupid, but thats what being a fanboy is all about,

*** POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR SCHINDLER'S LIST (but unlikely ones) ***

Actually Schindler's List did show the Germans DID have a heart. Like when those people argued against Amon when he told them to kill that woman in the construction site. Or when Amon was thinking about scaring his boy. Or when Schindler changed to a "good guy."

*** END OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR SCHINDLER'S LIST (but unlikely ones) ***

And by the way, I meant Nazi Germans. Not Germans. I am German (I was born in Frankfurt and moved here when I was 3 weeks old). Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Teenage Dream

makeshift... today you are the mongoose to my snake...

Like what "nice scenes"? The scene in the car where the kid is talking about sex with "the Baywatch"? The "I'm the bull" speech? Lopez's stretching routine while talking about her philosophy of the cock? Walken's utterly bizarre speech? What about the "fantastic" scene where Gigli smashes the laptop? No. I can't think of one scene in that movie that is salvageable.

And Jennifer Lopez's character was the only one in the movie that wasn't stereotypical, and wasn't mocked.

Very often you hear "worst movie of the year" thrown about and it's not really the case... Catwoman was entertaining on some level, Showgirls you can make fun of, etc. But sometimes the stars align and bring us a movie like Gigli... a movie so bad that it really does deserve everything that's getting thrown at it.

I actually thought the "I'm the bull" and the stretching scene were pretty funny.

Like I said, i'm not trying to pass this off as a great film, or even a good one. It's just not as bad as people make it out to be.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:52 am
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

No, I know you don't think it's fantastic.

But I think this is a case where honestly it's reputation is deserved. At least by the vast majority of the people who have actually seen it. I think it is actually worse than what people make it out to be :? I think this film should be studied in schools.

Not because of Ben Affleck or Jennifer Lopez, but because of the special-needs "little brother", and the confusing monologues and explotation and the weird sence of sexual repulsion that seems to eminate from it.

I think the scene that really destroys me is the one where the sympathetic string music is playing over the retarded kid's aspirations of going to have sex at "The Baywatch". I thought the film, at that moment, was filmed on a different planet. It was silly, repulsive, offensive and just plain poorly scripted all at the same time. Which I guess is an achievement in itself.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:07 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Maybe reasons are quite close to stupidity, or is it just me:

1. They say anime films suck because either there's Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, or they felt drawings were either way too preachy, comical, or bland. (Drawings can be either way, but not too much)
2. Many forum users from many non-KJ-&-BOM forums felt that HP3 was quite bad (no matter whether it's better or worse than previous two) because, unlike the book, there's no charisma, curiosity, and charm from the movie.

I think I'm running out

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:08 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

No, I know you don't think it's fantastic.

But I think this is a case where honestly it's reputation is deserved. At least by the vast majority of the people who have actually seen it. I think it is actually worse than what people make it out to be :? I think this film should be studied in schools.

Not because of Ben Affleck or Jennifer Lopez, but because of the special-needs "little brother", and the confusing monologues and explotation and the weird sence of sexual repulsion that seems to eminate from it.

I think the scene that really destroys me is the one where the sympathetic string music is playing over the retarded kid's aspirations of going to have sex at "The Baywatch". I thought the film, at that moment, was filmed on a different planet. It was silly, repulsive, offensive and just plain poorly scripted all at the same time. Which I guess is an achievement in itself.

Honestly, at least it's not generic and unlike anything you've ever seen (whether that's good or bad is up to you). I'm more offended by films that refuse to attempt anything new or different than films that do and fail.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:09 am
MISSING IN ACTION

Starwarsepisode7 sucks ass....People like you, disrespect and down the name of Lucas and Star Wars. Your are nothing more then a biased biased biased person who really needs to open his eyes and stop dreaming.....and I respect the people who are trying to defend him, but he wouldn't need anyone to defend him if he came down to earth, realized that Lucas isn't god, Star Wars isn't heaven, and every other movie is hell.

Thank You.

On with the thread:

Kill Bill VOL2: "It just doesn't pack the punch like Volume 1"
Are you effin kidding me? Not only does it pack the punch of volume 1, it gives a kick, a headbutt and an elbow while its at it. Sure it doesn't have a terrific first impression, but after watching it the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th....12th time(Im serious), somewhere along the 3rd time, you realize, the story blends substance WITH style, something so rare to be found in movies, this day and age. I may be biased a HUGE QT fan, but heck, even If I wasn't, this film would still prove to be one of the best.

National Treasure: "Why did this movie get so big?"
Maybe cause it's actually an enteraining movie? Sure, its not a perfect movie, but when it comes straight down to raw entertainment, National Treasure is just a joy. I mean, how many movies can say that they make history fun, let alone, AMERICAN history? None of that Greek God, Roman Warrior stuff. The movie has a blend of Pirates of the Carribean and Indiana Jones in it, and throw in some B-Class actors, and you got National Treasure. Im just trying to say that National Treasure isn't the crapfest people make it out to be.

Okay I have homework, I swear, Ill do it later.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next