Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Ghostbusters 3 - Summer 2020 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Ghostbusters 3 - Summer 2020
Jason Reitman to direct a second sequel to the 1984 original (set in that film’s continuity), shoots this Summer for a 2020 release.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jaso ... 203109264/

Could do well depending on returning cast. Even if the remake underwhelmed, 2016 already feels like a lifetime ago and I can’t imagine it’ll have much of an impact.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Re: Ghostbusters 3 - Summer 2020
It is a shame that the 2016 film was made in the first place. While this one should do well regardless, I could also see some of the audience being turned off after the last one.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I didn’t hate the 2016 film (I liked Kate McKinnon’s work) but it’s sure not anything I’ve felt the need to revisit.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

I’m shocked. I’m shocked because Jason has always seemed to avoid following in his father’s footsteps. I’m shocked because this means they (probably) got Murray involved. I’m shocked because Ramis is no longer around. What I wouldn’t be surprised by is that Aykroyd has probably annoyed everyone to the extent where they finally caved in and said yes. And, the money Sony probably threw at everyone didn’t hurt either.

I’ll still be shocked if it gets made even if it seems to be fast-tracked.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

It is a surprising career move for Jason Reitman. He has, with mixed success, tried very hard to establish himself as a modern-day Hal Ashby or Robert Altman type. Maybe the collective failure of Men, Women & Children; Labor Day; The Front Runner; and, on a commercial level, Tully gave him pause.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 am
Veteran

I can’t believe it’s already been almost three years since the last one. Felt like 2017/2018.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 am
New Server, Same X

Seems super optimistic to say something that's only just been announced will be released in roughly 18 months. Expect lots of delays, with a good shot at this heading towards development hell.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:37 pm
The Kramer

Hmm I feel like I should be excited. But this feels more like a burn towards the Paul Feig version, aint no bitches can be Ghostbusters, than I would have expected. I don’t think it makes the 2020 date and I don’t think it will be a big deal even if it does. ~$150M

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:22 pm
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Jmart wrote:
I’m shocked. I’m shocked because Jason has always seemed to avoid following in his father’s footsteps. I’m shocked because this means they (probably) got Murray involved. I’m shocked because Ramis is no longer around. What I wouldn’t be surprised by is that Aykroyd has probably annoyed everyone to the extent where they finally caved in and said yes. And, the money Sony probably threw at everyone didn’t hurt either.

Call me crazy, but I think there's more than money and Dan Aykroyd at stake. I think legacy and reputation is at stake. Ivan Reitman made the Ghostbusters film franchise. I mean it was his. Paul Feig messed it up with that recent remake.

So now the reputation of the Ghosbusters film franchise is damaged, and the (family) legacy of Ivan Reitman has been sullied a bit. I think Jason decided to follow in his father's footsteps to try and redeem not only the family legacy here, but the reputation of the film franchise itself, especially in the eyes of fans.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:05 am
Indiana Jones IV

Thatguy wrote:
Jmart wrote:

Call me crazy, but I think there's more than money and Dan Aykroyd at stake. I think legacy and reputation is at stake. Ivan Reitman made the Ghostbusters film franchise. I mean it was his. Paul Feig messed it up with that recent remake.

So now the reputation of the Ghosbusters film franchise is damaged, and the (family) legacy of Ivan Reitman has been sullied a bit. I think Jason decided to follow in his father's footsteps to try and redeem not only the family legacy here, but the reputation of the film franchise itself, especially in the eyes of fans.

I’d counter that Reitman’s own Ghostbusters sequel (and his quarter century of terrible filmmaking post-Dave) damage his legacy a lot more than Feig’s all-but-forgotten reboot.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:45 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Ghostbusters II is an interesting film. Such a lack of interest with everyone involved, it's not bad though, It Crocodile Dundee II or Ocean's 12 pointlessness. The funniest joke is the ridiculous title card and music score that simply says "Five Years Later"

I almost miss that type of sequel platform that films like Rocky and Bond made famous where they just redo story beats with a little lemon zest to just make it different enough. The problem for a franchise like Ghostbusters is they simply just waited too long and people will be pissed no matter what. The reboot's biggest crime is that it really wasn't that controversial but made such a big stink that it was(It even felt safer than the 2nd film)

I didn't even mind the film and I though Andy Garcia's Jaws joke was hilarious, but it didn't work overall. I'll remain hopeful, but Ghostbusters is dangerously moving into Predator category. PS Spiderman Vs. Predator Vs. Venom Vs Ghostbusters.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]