Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations
Matthew Weiner went down. Wonder if Amazon will flush his series, they've shown with shows like David O'Russell's they're willing to pull the plug 40 million in or whatever

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:03 pm
now we know

Down how? Not seen anything to indicate he has been pulled down.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2 ... sment.html

I don't know if everyone who makes a comment like that should go down. But he will be thrown in to the bad PR of this like everyone else. It also makes it worse that she got fired.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:17 pm
now we know

I know about the story. But how is he down? Nothing has happened to him as far as I am aware. Just a single allegation, and it's not sexual harassment.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I feel L.CK is the one being harassed here, just because those women regret not saying no back then, they try make him of like a sexual abuser. But in fact he just asked a questions, albeit a rather inappropriate one. And from that whole NY article; the NYT seems just trying to chase dollars on empty articles, it feels very rushed to me.
I guess we don't have all the details, but CK is so far off the Weinstein story for me.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:03 am
Devil's Advocate

stuffp wrote:
I feel L.CK is the one being harassed here, just because those women regret not saying no back then, they try make him of like a sexual abuser. But in fact he just asked a questions, albeit a rather inappropriate one. And from that whole NY article; the NYT seems just trying to chase dollars on empty articles, it feels very rushed to me.
I guess we don't have all the details, but CK is so far off the Weinstein story for me.

Huh? CK didn't just ask if he could do it, he masterbated in front of them even if they didn't want it

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:48 am
now we know

He is still not a sexual predator or abuser or a harasser. He's just a fool. A funny fool. He'd probably agree to that too. There is no reason why his career should end now. He is no Weinstein or Cosby. Let's get things in perspective here. The only reason people are claiming and acting like it's worse is because of the timing that it's come out. In this recent time of outing people, everyone is being ostracized, rightly or wrongly.

I hope he doesn't ever address it publicly, and I hope he doesn't "put out a statement" or an apology. I hope he just refers to it later in a stand-up show and says he was a fool for doing it. He needs to give it the attention it deserves, which is not much.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:20 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Shack wrote:
stuffp wrote:

Huh? CK didn't just ask if he could do it, he masterbated in front of them even if they didn't want it

They might have seemed a bit grossed out, but did they really object to it on the spot? It seems not, the woman stayed on the phone, the women stayed in the dressing room.
Like, ok, the guy is their "boss" so they didn't feel like saying no to not hurt their carreers...but when your boss ask you to clean the dust in the office with your tongue, you have a choice, like they had a choice. And the woman on the phone, jeez, one of the 5 women in that article, didn't even see him do it...just heard him do something that she thought was almost certain masturbating on the other side of the phone. The whole NYT article revolves around 3 actual live incidents over a period of about 15 years...not that the time matters that much but it doesn't sound like a serial predator. CK does seem to have a problem, he might have or would even admit to that...but I feel these incidents also happened because those women let them happen. Like if he abused them with force, yes completely wrong...what he did, not cool...but it seems way overblown in the current landscape to me.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:23 am
New Server, Same X

I'm glad I don't live in a bubble where masturbating in front of unwilling women is considered A-OK.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 am
now we know

Nobody said it was ok. stuffp said he has a problem and it is not cool. What we're opposed to is people lumping C.K. in with rapists like Cosby and Weinstein.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:06 am
Profile WWW
now we know

This is what Twitter SJWs do. If you're not calling for C.K. to be beheaded, then you're instantly saying he's a saint. Hey pricks, there is a middle ground. Life is complicated. It's no so cut and dried into evil or saint.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
He is still not a sexual predator or abuser or a harasser. He's just a fool. A funny fool. He'd probably agree to that too. There is no reason why his career should end now. He is no Weinstein or Cosby. Let's get things in perspective here. The only reason people are claiming and acting like it's worse is because of the timing that it's come out. In this recent time of outing people, everyone is being ostracized, rightly or wrongly.

I hope he doesn't ever address it publicly, and I hope he doesn't "put out a statement" or an apology. I hope he just refers to it later in a stand-up show and says he was a fool for doing it. He needs to give it the attention it deserves, which is not much.

He might meet the definition of a "sexual predator", but I'm not going to argue semantics. I do agree that he's not as bad as Weinstein or Cosby, but there are parallels in terms of the industry covering for him and C.K./his MGMT threatening women to stay quiet.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

I Love You, Daddy has been "scrapped" according to CNN.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Jmart wrote:
I Love You, Daddy has been "scrapped" according to CNN.

Yeah, not a lot of choice there. Dump it on VOD next Summer or something.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:59 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Stupid decision. It was never going to make much anyway.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Acquiring it was a stupid decision. Not releasing it in this climate is a smart one. Let shit blow over.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I don't think anyone is lumping anyone together. What Louis C.K. did was wrong, and I think it's appropriate that if these accusations are true, he shouldn't get away with it. It's like saying mass murder and robbery aren't the same. Of course they aren't, but because one isn't as "bad" as the other doesn't mean a thief should get away with it.

The only story I've heard so far that I think is exaggerated is Dustin Hoffman. i honestly believe, unless there are other stories or additions to the original story, that he was caught with an infatuation with an attractive girl who was 17 and not interested. I don't think he should be vilified, if the story is what it is.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 pm
Indiana Jones IV

CK's statement of guilt was really bad, btw. WTF is going on with crisis management in Hollywood these days? Weinstein and Spacey's only made things worse and C.K.'s is basically a non-apology apology.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Mentioning his dick right there in the statement takes some balls. When I first read the statement, I thought it was good, but the more I think about it, the more awful it sounds.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:09 pm
Pure Phase

I wonder if Louis C.K. or Kevin Spacey will have a career rehabilitation first. They are in pop-culture prison and pariahs at the moment, of course, but I have a hard time imagining either living out the rest of their lives as Gary Glitter-level rejects from the industry.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 pm
now we know

I think his apology is classic C.K. He owns up. Apologises. What more do you want?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Mister Ecks wrote:
I don't think anyone is lumping anyone together. What Louis C.K. did was wrong, and I think it's appropriate that if these accusations are true, he shouldn't get away with it. It's like saying mass murder and robbery aren't the same. Of course they aren't, but because one isn't as "bad" as the other doesn't mean a thief should get away with it.

Again, nobody said C.K. should get away with it. Mass murder and robbery are both illegal. What C.K. did and what Weinstein did are totally different. The latter is illegal and sick, the former is frowned upon. C.K. has already lost a lot. That's enough. There is no need for his entire career and reputation to be ruined, unlike Weinstein who does deserve that.

And I do think the media are lumping all of the recent cases together into one "Hollywood Sex Abusers" list, which is unfair. Rape is not the same as indecent exposure.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I'm loving the leftists going after their own in hollywood but are we Entering a new version of the Salem witch trials where a mere accusation is now capable of putting someone's career in a nosedive or perma freeze?

You got anthony Edward's claiming he was molested. Some DC comic guy accused of harassment and I just saw an article on Richard Dreyfus. I'm not sure what to believe at this point because in most of these cases the accusation is unprovable. I do see that there is one actor who has done the deny deny deny tactic which is what I would recommend when you are or believe yourself completely innocent.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:49 pm
now we know

Sheen completely denies raping Haim, and it seems to have worked. I mean, it helps that Feldman is a fuck up and that Sheen is also a fuck up. :funny:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

If this is all there is I would expect Louis CK's career to recover eventually, but if the past is any indication they'll probably be 12 more allegations against him by next week

And I didn't realize Richard Dreyfuss is still alive. I must have confused him with Roy Scheider.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 29  Next