Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations
Miller seems to have a pretty toxic reputation to begin with, but who knows what's true and what isn't. It does sound like he was investigated by campus police at the time and expelled post-graduation (which I never knew was such a thing). Didn't he beat up an Uber driver a couple of years back, too?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/silicon-v ... ng-a-woman

Anyway, as long as it's just one accuser he'll probably be ok. More than that and the makers of Ready Player One, Deadpool 2 and Underwater are going to have to make some big decisions. Thank god The Emoji Movie underperformed because I don't even think Christopher Plummer knows what an Emoji is.

Last edited by lesterg on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
Damon will be fine because what he is saying is just common sense. Driver and Milano are fucking morons.

He's offering nothing other than the obvious "not all men are abusers". No fucking shit, Matt.

I don't know why he's feeling the need to toss his two cents into this at all. There's literally no upside.

It's almost like he wants everyone to talk about his associations with Weinstein and Casey Affleck again.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

lesterg wrote:
I don't know why he's feeling the need to toss his two cents into this at all. There's literally no upside.

Because he sees an injustice and he wants to speak out. The same reason why anyone says anything on the Internet, because it's so damn easy to. Damon doesn't need to care about his career. He can say anything and his career will be fine.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

It is stupid to pull up everything that happened in someone's life to support a view that they are a troubled sexual harasser. So what if he beat up an Uber driver. Maybe the Uber driver was a prick like many of them are. So what if he was expelled from university. People make mistakes. Literally every person has made mistakes in life that if they committed an offence you could bring up and say "well, he did cheat on his high school girlfriend back in 1983". It's stupid. Mistakes have very little to do with each other. I've made mistakes before, and I've not sexually harassed anyone. But I have made mistakes before. Does that mean I should be on a watch list? Am I more or less likely to commit a sexual assault because I stole a chocolate bar when I was 14?

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Algren wrote:
Because he sees an injustice and he wants to speak out.

SJW's have cornered the market on injustice.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:32 am
New Server, Same X

Matt Damon has proven he lives in the very insulated Hollywood world.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:28 am
Extraordinary

Mister Ecks wrote:

Pfft they all do but I do enjoy seeing leftists attack leftists. I heard Debra Messing was using the old white man privilege line on him.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:01 am
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
So what if he was expelled from university. People make mistakes.

He was allegedly expelled due to the sexual violence incident. That's why that's relevant.

The Uber driver assault isn't at all relevant to the earlier case - but being a toxic personality with a recent arrest for physical violence isn't going to help in the court of public opinion. That's primarily what I'm talking about here.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

nghtvsn wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

Pfft they all do but I do enjoy seeing leftists attack leftists. I heard Debra Messing was using the old white man privilege line on him.

Republicans are the ones who stick by their own, throwing morals and decency out the door.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:01 pm
now we know

This nails it. I love how he says the word "racist" is now meaningless because of how it's now used. Same thing is happening with "sexual assault" or "harassment". Most people cannot express themselves as well as Harris, but I believe most people that are angry at these accusations or seem to be supportive of the accused are actually just in agreement with Harris.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Matt Damon is 100% right. Of course though people would rather create hysteria which won't solve anything

Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:16 am
Cream of the Crop

Another big fish netted in Hollywood sexual harassment allegations!

Mariah Carey

Quote:
In November 2017, Carey’s former bodyguard accused her of sexual harassment, claiming that she exposed herself to him and performed “sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed” by him.

This was first reported on November 8th, but seems to have received almost no follow-up coverage. Carey had no problem booking a return visit to this year's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve on major network ABC. Additionally, her Xmas song continues to receive saturation play and she even dared to brave the cold in a puffy red jacket in Aspen this past week.

All of this without a peep from the SJW's.

What gives?

Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

Agreed, there shouldn't be a double standard

Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:52 pm
now we know

Believe it or not but I'm actually fine with double standards. As a white male, I usually benefit from these double standards.

I'd love to see Carey dragged over the coals, but it's not going to happen, and a part of me just thinks that bodyguard should feel privileged.

Also, the fact that it wasn't taken by larger publications might just prove that there is no truth to the accusations. Who knows. If true, then sure it's not great that it goes under the radar.

Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

She used to be sooo fucking hot 20 years ago

Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:06 pm
Cream of the Crop

Algren wrote:
the fact that it wasn't taken by larger publications might just prove that there is no truth to the accusations.

It was covered by Newsweek, but since when did a lack of truth deter the currently fashionable witch hunt?

Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:07 am
now we know

Good point.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

tree and a half wrote:
Algren wrote:
the fact that it wasn't taken by larger publications might just prove that there is no truth to the accusations.

It was covered by Newsweek, but since when did a lack of truth deter the currently fashionable witch hunt?

I can't imagine hating women so much that you're upset some sleazy scumbags in Hollywood are getting what's been coming to them for treating women like sexual objects that want to see their dicks on command.

And yes I say women because this is predominantly a man-to-a-woman issue. There are male accusers and female accused, but we all know where the predominant issue lies.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
now we know

Mister Ecks wrote:
we all know where the predominant issue lies.

Must be the same reason why blacks are more likely to get stopped and searched.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Mister Ecks wrote:
tree and a half wrote:
Algren wrote:

I can't imagine hating women so much that you're upset some sleazy scumbags in Hollywood are getting what's been coming to them for treating women like sexual objects that want to see their dicks on command.

And yes I say women because this is predominantly a man-to-a-woman issue. There are male accusers and female accused, but we all know where the predominant issue lies.

Of course it is mainly men to women. What is the point of that statement?

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:57 pm
now we know

He just tried to flip the conversation back to women being the victims instead of focusing on what tree posted. It's a typical liberal move when you have nothing of value to share.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
He just tried to flip the conversation back to women being the victims instead of focusing on what tree posted. It's a typical liberal move when you have nothing of value to share.

Yeah everyone knows women are the main victims. There are also male victims, and they’re a much smaller group. It doesn’t really matter what you’re talking about because even if you say “women” I’m sure if a man was harassed by a woman you’d still be concerned for them as well. It’s not like by saying women you’re discounting men.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:18 pm
New Server, Same X

Magnus wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

I don’t think anyone, even Algren, would say the punishment is not justified to many of those accused.

But...I think the Matt Damon story is why men can seem “upset” about the cultural change going on. Many men feel people are treating everything in a binary fashion: you’re either a creep/rapist/abuser or you’re a saint.

Reality is that there is a gray area and that no one is perfect all the time. 99.9% of people, male or female, have done something sexist or racist in their life that crossed the line. If we have such a strict zero tolerance policy for anytime someone crossed the line and we applied that equally, we’d all be in social justice jail.

It’s very easy and convinent to make things binary. But every issue and problem in this world has nuance. Even the mostt ultimate sin in life, the act of murder, has a great deal of nuance and grey area. Right now, the MeTop movement is refusing to really accept any nuance and the movement will never reach its goal until it does.

Thank you for being one of the few people to provide some valid, thoughtful points in this thread.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:51 pm
now we know

Dustin Hoffman should have zero shame.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

At least now we’ll have everything out in the open so there won’t be so many accusations down the line.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next