Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations
lesterg wrote:
Yeah, I remember reading some non-specific posts on Twitter about Aziz when the Spacey stuff broke so yeah probably will be more shit hitting the fan there.

I definitely believe the Dushku stuff, especially since her guardian on the set confirmed she told FOX about her concerns back in 94. The dude's response was a little weird too.

Douche even threw in a "I heard she had a crush on me" in his response

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Shack wrote:
Douche even threw in a "I heard she had a crush on me" in his response

Exactly. And then "Who in their right mind would do that and then still work with someone another six months or seven months or however long we had left to work together, wouldn’t that be a little weird?” which is also an unusual way of looking at things.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Aziz adds to list of garbage sexual assault responses that contains 0 apology, regret or acknowledgment of wrong doing. In fact he still calls it completely consensual and incorrectly claims her text said it was only uncomfortable after further reflection.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

Pretty disturbing how every reddit thread I've come across about Aziz has been literally all comments calling it a bad date and blaming the girl for not leaving.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/ ... isconduct/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comm ... iz_ansari/

It seems people treating this as less important than Franco taking girls clothes off when filming a movie they're supposed to be nude in. Males viewpoint on sex is troubling if this is as seen as a normal encounter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Dushku’s alleged molester has now been accused by two other women. The dude admits he slept with one of them when she was 16 but claims he didn’t know until after the fact. Yeah, he’s toast.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Fuck Aziz Ansari. Never liked him.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:59 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I'm not a fan of Aziz either but from reading the account of his accuser - doesn't sound like the acts of a predator to me. Perhaps exposes him as a bit of a creep and a bit of a hypocrite with his #metoo support phoniness but he should not be tarnished with the Weinstein and Spacey brush.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:51 am
now we know

I don't like Aziz, but nothing of what I read is even newsworthy. I was all ready to pile on the hate, then I started reading and there really was nothing to it. The girl is a bit of a dick tease, actually. You don't go back to a guy's apartment after drinks at a bar to sit just around cuddling. You are going there for sex, and if you don't know it then that's your own fault. But she did know that. She just regretted afterwards, and so cried assault. You don't blow a guy and expect him to lose his horn. That is absolutely impossible for any red-blooded male to do. He wasn't creepy or hypocritical. He may be all in favour of respecting women, but he is still a human, and human's have needs ... especially when they are given all the signs that it is heading for the cumshot.

The Aziz "harassment" can be chalked up as a fumbled sexual encounter, and frankly most sexual encounters fit into that same description, so it was just a sexual encounter, and we really should not be reading about those personal encounters between two other people. This girl did something, and was not forced to do it, but regretted afterwards and cried assault. That's all I see here.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Aziz is young and brown - therefore too important to be brushed aside.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Pure Phase

Woody Allen is definitely in trouble, insofar as an incredibly wealthy 82-year-old man can be in trouble career-wise. There is a domino effect now of people disavowing him and donating their salaries for his films to charity, with Timothée Chalamet (co-star of his next film) just joining the anti-Allen chorus. I suspect his new picture, which also features Jude Law, Elle Fanning, and Selena Gomez, will have a troubled road to release. It will be denied the usual prestigious path afforded an Allen picture: a Cannes (or Venice, etc.) berth, guaranteed distribution by Sony Pictures Classics, etc.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Last edited by David on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 pm
Hold the door!

Either Aziz or the girl is lying, the stories don't add up.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:12 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

David wrote:
Woody Allen is definitely in trouble, insofar as an incredibly wealthy 82-year-old man can be in trouble career-wise. There is a domino effect now of people disavowing him and donating their salaries for his films to charity, with Timothée Chalamet (co-star of his next film) just joining the anti-Allen chorus. I suspect his new picture, which also features Jude Law, Elle Fanning, and Selena Gomez, will have a troubled road to release. It will be denied the usual prestigious path afford an Allen picture: a Cannes (or Venice, etc.) berth, guaranteed distribution by Sony Pictures Classics, etc.

I suspect it will struggle to get much of a release at all and possibly find its way online (like I Love You, Daddy).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:23 pm
Devil's Advocate

Is it an Amazon movie? Pretty easy to see them just Amazon Prime it

After the latest round of thinkpieces, I am firmly in the camp of his innocence being more likely than guilt. It's crazy people are going to publicly hang his career like this

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am
We had our time together

Did something new happen with Woody Allen? Did I miss something? Didn't Gerwig say something like she wouldn't have worked with him if she knew?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

Riggs wrote:
Did something new happen with Woody Allen? Did I miss something? Didn't Gerwig say something like she wouldn't have worked with him if she knew?

Rebecca Hall and Timothee Chalamet who are in his next movie also spoke against him and are donating their pay for it to Time's Up fund

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 pm
Superman: The Movie

I wonder if she'll also be donating the salary she earned on Vicky Cristina Barcelona?

Let's be honest. She and Timothy have no (real) regrets working with him. They just regret that their movie just happened to have awful timing. It's a nice gesture on their part, but it's not like people haven't known about Allen for years.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Yea this seems like a PR move

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm
Extraordinary

There's no gesture here. These folks have known Woody Allen before and after so it's pretty ridiculous. Just like Wahlberg having to give up his own EARNED money to please the mob.

Tim doesn't want his career ruined so he has to give up his salary just to please the mob.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 am
Indiana Jones IV

Oh fuck Wahlberg.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

And yeah, the Woody Allen stuff is ridiculous. He was investigated and neither child welfare or the police felt there was a case. Is he a questionable dude? Absolutely! But tarring and feathering an 80 year old guy over accusations from 26 years ago is silly at this point.

That said - yeah, he might have some trouble getting his next films produced/released. Especially with Amazon announcing their intent to back away from indie fare.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Allen will have no trouble to find financing from European sources. VCB, MiP or TRwL already had European investors behind them.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I'm out of the loop, but did "new shit has come to light" in regards to Woody Allen? Or is it about the same accusations in 90s that was public knowledge even before any of its current stars started a career?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

Lotan wrote:
I'm out of the loop, but did "new shit has come to light" in regards to Woody Allen? Or is it about the same accusations in 90s that was public knowledge even before any of its current stars started a career?

No new information. Just spurred on by Dylan Farrow writing an op ed asking why he's spared from #MeToo

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

Michael Douglas story he was trying to pre-empt. Looks like there's some pretty reliable evidence against him https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featu ... ce=twitter

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next