Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations
Sizemore's career has been on the upswing (this year he's back in theaters with Mark Felt, had season long storylines on Twin Peaks and Shooter). He also does a shit ton of DTV projects, like more per year than anyone I've ever seen.

So if this story hitting the press results in productions thinking twice about placing him in contact with child actors, that's probably a good thing.

Last edited by lesterg on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

True.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Such a tragedy with this guy. I haven't paid a lot of attention to his work this decade, but I really liked his performance on Twin Peaks this year (he was funny as hell) and it reminded me of why I was a fan to begin with.

Then this molestation story hits and I remember all the bad stuff he's done over the past decade and a half. This allegation, if true, would obviously be the worst thing he's been accused of to date.

Great actor, absolute scumbag of a human being.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I recall where he openly hit on Kevin Smith's underage daughter in the last year or so on Twitter.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am
Indiana Jones IV

Creed 2 shoots in February, which means Christopher Plummer needs to start training yesterday in order to step into the role of Rocky Balboa.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3637854

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

You put Arnold in that role.

Poor Stallone or better yet, maybe put DOLPH in the role. Isn't his character still living? I haven't followed the Rocky series.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Devil's Advocate

nghtvsn wrote:
You put Arnold in that role.

Poor Stallone or better yet, maybe put DOLPH in the role. Isn't his character still living? I haven't followed the Rocky series.

I imagine there's a decent chance Arnold's sexual harassment story is on deck

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 pm
Indiana Jones IV

re: Creed 2 - best bet would probably be to put the breaks on things if Stallone can't muster a good defense (or if other allegations surface) . Bring in a new director and rewrite it so Balboa died between the two films.

Surprised re: Arnold as well given his reputation of sleeping with anything that moves.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

This story came out years ago and nobody cared then either because it is bullshit. Some girl just wanted to get attention back when Stallone was the biggest star in the world. But now we have TBT, so his career will be ruined by this. Good job, world.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
This story came out years ago and nobody cared then either because it is bullshit.

Per Stallone’s own publicist I don’t think that’s accurate:
“No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone," Michelle Bega told the Daily News Thursday afternoon. "At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by authorities or anyone else regarding this matter."

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

lesterg wrote:
Algren wrote:
This story came out years ago and nobody cared then either because it is bullshit.

Per Stallone’s own publicist I don’t think that’s accurate:

I read about this exact story years ago, but nobody cared. You can find traces of it on the Internet from years ago.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

A second Jeffrey Tambor story came out and he looks like a pretty big scumbag https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... al-1059306

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:59 am
now we know

I do not believe he looks like a scumbag. He looks like a playful, ignorant dude. But he is not a sex pest. He didn't Weinstein her!

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Shack wrote:
A second Jeffrey Tambor story came out and he looks like a pretty big scumbag https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... al-1059306

I read one of the Tambor incidents and to me it came off as a comedian joking with a fellow actor. I think it was on the red carpet but the article described her saying that in her mind she thought he was over the top or something. Obviously she interpreted his actions a different way. Whatever the case, this one is surprising.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 am
People just jumping to GUILTY!!! based on the *first* account of some person is a bit extreme.

The Franken one is pure garbage as the headlines say things like "he kissed without consent and groped a sleeping woman" when that is NOT what occurred. That is a LIE. In that photo you can clearly see him *not* touching her bulletproof vest, and also she says the kiss was while they were rehearsing.

This is where we're at, now? Some lady "comes forward" a decade+ after the alleged incident and everyone is just *required* to cry with her and demand resignation? Also, this isn't anything. A comedian took a silly photo that was absolutely meant for humor. Juvenile, silly, humor--not a sex predator grabbing tits.

I know this is pointless, but in a reverse situation where it's Amy Schumer miming (not touching, as neither was Franken!) like she's jerking off a sleeping male reporter coworker for the purpose of a funny photo you know what happens when he sees the picture? Laughter, a shrug, and perhaps a joke about how she's welcome to do it when he's awake next time, *wink* Plus, now there's a second lady ALSO spewing bullshit (it's pure nothing--look it up) but I've seen several headlines all over about "a second Franken accuser comes forward!" and that kind of trash.

Also, I get that late night comedians don't want to look biased, but what Franken is accused of is nowhere near the same boat as Moore, Weinstein, Ratner, Spacey, etc. So when I see these ridiculous statements like the photo Franken took was "horrifying" or that there aren't any good people left, my eyes roll all the way around before righting themselves. There's nothing "horrifying" about that silly picture. There are plenty of photos of me my friends have taken that aren't flattering, or where I'm drunk/undressed/whatever, so I guess I should wait 10+ years and then accuse them on the internet of assaulting me.

The Weinstein thing that started all this was researched, vetted, and planned by several people at a major publication for months. It was people doing it right, not just vomiting up whatever onto the internet and seeing what sticks so their website/radio show/whatever else will see a rating spike.

Between the actual sexual predators and now the over-reaching witch hunt this is just such a lovely holiday season :)

Last edited by Malcolm on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:17 am
Another thing: I'm tired of people apologizing for things that don't require an apology. I understand why Franken apologized, but I wish he responded with some kind of simple "that's not accurate" statement. I mean, again, that photo is hardly proof of a sex demon. It was in jest. He was there as a comedian to try and be humorous.

In that "Too Funny To Fail" movie on Hulu about the Dana Carvey show they show a sketch that is rather extremely racist in its depictions of other cultures (all being played by straight white men), and Colbert talks about how--at the time--it didn't seem bad, just stupid funny. Well, shouldn't we filter that through the 2017 Lens of Offense and demand Colbert, Carrell, and everyone else in that sketch apologize? Pay restitution? Resign and let a handicapped black woman have their position?

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:28 am
now we know

I am glad there are people like Malcolm in this world and on KJ. Breath of fresh air. He has rare sense.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Tambor is out of Transparent. He will be missed in the next Arrested Development season

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:06 pm
now we know

Such a shame. I don't even particularly like Tambor, but this just seems like ruining a person's career for nothing.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I agree with Malcolm.

I can't stand Franken but what he did was absolutely nothing compared to Weinstein, Spacey, Ratner etc.

And while its great to see scum bags get busted, its disturbing that a reputation can be destroyed over something minor or something that may not even have occurred.

And as each day passed and with each new woman coming out with a story of "he slapped my ass" or "he made a sly pass at me" - the cries of the real victims (who have been assaulted, raped, molested) get further drowned out as we all start to turn a deaf ear.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:07 am
New Server, Same X

It sounds like the writers of Transparent played a big part in Tambor's exit. Rumors last week that they were working on writing the next season without him, so he left.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:05 am
Cream of the Crop

If we waste time carefully assessing every claim and gathering objective evidence, we will let too many monsters escape. It is critical that we make snap judgements and impose immediate career punishment to maximize our rightful vengeance. The mob will not be silenced!

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 am
now we know

tree and a half wrote:
If we waste time carefully assessing every claim and gathering objective evidence, we will let too many monsters escape. It is critical that we make snap judgements and impose immediate career punishment to maximize our rightful vengeance. The mob will not be silenced!

:funny:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

tree and a half wrote:

Except that many of the accused have admitted to wrongdoing. Most of those that have denied (Dustin Hoffman, George Takei) I haven't seen any immediate repercussions yet. Even Jeffrey Tambor doesn't even flatly deny he did anything, just more so that he didn't feel any of his actions were wrong, which is a weak argument.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:01 pm
New Server, Same X

I do find it oddly funny that Harvey Weinstein, the catalyst for all this, will probably try to find a way to take credit for getting so many sexual predators in Hollywood brought to the headlines. The man can sell anything.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next