Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 MoviePass is $10 a month now 
now we know

Post Re: MoviePass is $10 a month now
It's not about people buying tickets and not watching the movie. They couldn't care less if they have empty seats. It's about ensuring as much as they can that the people that are buying the tickets will most likely attend and buy loads of popcorn and drinks.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Algren wrote:
It's not about people buying tickets and not watching the movie. They couldn't care less if they have empty seats. It's about ensuring as much as they can that the people that are buying the tickets will most likely attend and buy loads of popcorn and drinks.

It is for MoviePass. If I understood correctly they buy the tickets at full price and aren't connected to theater chains/movie studios so they don't get any proceeds from drinks/popcorn. Somebody here said they're in the collecting personal data business which is why they can take a hit on the tickets.

So $10 won't cover for that undecided Joe sitting in his sofa who buys the ticket for Saturday but decides not to go, but then buys ticket for Sunday and thinks he might go then. MoviePass would have to pay for the price of ticket both times (remember that undecided Joe only gave them $10 and doesn't really care if it costs them $10 no matter how many tickets he buys or more, or if maybe he took away seats for some people who wanted to go watch the movie but it was soldout) and that's not how you run the business. Or it is if you plan to run it to the ground.

So it makes sense they tried to protect themselves from people abusing this deal by the simple fact that if you really want to watch the movie you need to be close to the theater anyway, so you can only buy the ticket if you're actually planning to go. It really doesn't discomfort or dissuade anyone if they want to see the movie.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am
Profile WWW
---------

I think the distance thing also helps prevent sharing of accounts. Otherwise, the one person with the app could buy the ticket for their friend remotely (if the account owner wasn't planning on seeing a movie that day anyways).

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:00 pm
The Kramer

Most of the theaters I go to have assigned seating, and I prefer going to 4 and 10 pm showings over the primetime 7-8 screenings. So I can keep track of how many seats are left if its ever a problem. Good luck trying to get into The Last Jedi opening night though lol.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:38 pm
Extraordinary

Oh yea. For Last Jedi or something I want to see opening night at a specific time like the first showing with max ppl. I'm buying that ticket. I want that Imax poster or maybe they'll do another marathon. Doubt it though.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:23 pm
Extraordinary

Half MP half regal rewards.

So I go buy a ticket for Brad's Status. The lady scans my reward number after the transaction. I check my rewards today and I got 4400 because whoever she helped after me bought two 20$ tickets to kingsman. Oh how nice!! Lol

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:39 am
Into the fray

Girlfriend and I ordered the card on the first day of $10/month. I received it Friday, girlfriend doesn't have it yet :(

I used it to watch Battle of the Sexes. The app is so wonky, I had no clue if it actually bought the tickets or not. Is there a way I can see a ticket that has been reserved? When I handed the dude my card, I said "no clue if this will work."

Planning to use it again today!

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

I know. So awesome.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:24 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2