Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 31 Days of Horror 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: 31 Days of Horror
I also had a brainwave. Anyone up for 31 Days of Holiday Horror? I think there's enough holiday-based horror to fill up one a day for 31 days.

I might start this towards the end of November.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:44 pm
now we know

Mister Ecks wrote:
Halloween is Halloween. It's a classic. I didn't get to watch the entire franchise like I planned, but I couldn't miss the original.

:thumbsup:

So, are you all horror'd out?

Will you do 31 days of Christmas?

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Algren wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
Halloween is Halloween. It's a classic. I didn't get to watch the entire franchise like I planned, but I couldn't miss the original.

:thumbsup:

So, are you all horror'd out?

Will you do 31 days of Christmas?

It was definitely a lot of horror but a lot of fun too. I always try to watch as much horror as I can for Halloween but I never devoted the whole month to it. It would have been nice to fit in way more as there are a ton of my personal favorites I didn't get to, but much of the point for me personally was getting to see so many new-to-me titles as well.

I was actually considering either 31 Days of Christmas, because I love Christmas movies (good and bad), although I did suggest maybe trying 31 Days of Holiday Horror too. There are a lot of holiday-based horror movies (Black Christmas, Sint, Silent Night, Krampus, P2) and I'd actually love to watch a bunch of them for Christmas.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:27 am
New Server, Same X

So this didn't happen this year. It's a flimsy idea for sure, but time hasn't allowed me to watch nearly as many horror films this October. But I'm still making an effort.

I went with a one-two punch of surreal and watched Hausu (second time) and Eraserhead (first). If you want to question reality, watch those two back-to-back. I have such a hard time taking David Lynch in anything except small doses. I love the movie in all its bizarre glory, but his style is so fucking hard to digest.

Hausu is just as fun and out-there as it was last year when I first saw it. I'm not sure if this is a signature Japanese style or if the director just threw whatever at the wall.

I picked up the 7-movie Blu-ray collection of Chucky, so I'd like to get all those in this year.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm
now we know

So far this October I've watched just It: Chapter One. I will probably watch the 2010 remake, A Nightmare on Elm Street, because I don't think I've seen that one yet. I also have Primal Fear. Not really a horror film but it has "fear" in the title. I also have Wolf, which is one of my favourite films. Might pop that on.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:13 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Horror is subjective anyway. If I went with what actually scared me, I'd be watching a short list of movies.

I watched the 1986 slasher Killer Party. TCM played it one night a few months ago and I had it PVR'd since. It's terrible, but in a really enjoyable way. Over-the-top in every imaginable way. It just misses the mark of being good enough to live as a cult classic, but it's worth a watch if you want a laugh.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4