Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 THE ROOM - A new phenomenon? 
Begging Naked

Post Re: THE ROOM - A new phenomenon?
I've watched this movie at least five times now (I own it), and so long as you're watching it with someone that hasn't seen the movie it's a blast every time. it's fun to see what parts spike interest in it from the different people - I know one time Johnny's "don't touch me mother fucker!" line slayed me, my sister and a friend.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Anyway, how is your sex life? and the random "I definitely have breast cancer" always does it for me.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 pm
Wallflower

Jon wrote:
I've watched this movie at least five times now (I own it), and so long as you're watching it with someone that hasn't seen the movie it's a blast every time. it's fun to see what parts spike interest in it from the different people - I know one time Johnny's "don't touch me mother fucker!" line slayed me, my sister and a friend.

Yes. Agree with this. I love showing it to people who haven't seen it. Would never watch it alone. Watched it again tonight with two others who hadn't watched it and we laughed our asses off. And it was my third viewing.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:29 am
Sbil

You all HAVE TO read "The Disaster Artist," written by Greg Sestero (aka Mark). All about his relationship with Tommy Wiseau and the making of The Room. It's hilarious and puzzling and surprisingly introspective.

And if you ever get a chance to go to a midnight screening, DO IT. I went with friends two years ago and it was the most surreal experience of my life. Tommy and Greg were both there, and Tommy was dressed like a 12-year old emo kid and started bellowing things at me that didn't make any sense at one point after I met him ("DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING IN HERE, WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING...OUT THERE!"). And the audience throws plastic spoons at the screen throughout. Phenomenal.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:15 am
now we know

Why do they throw plastic spoons at the screen? Is it part of the act or genuine disappointment at the film?

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:48 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I'm currently downloading this because of the recent re-hype. I found out that it's actually a 2003 film, which makes me confused when I see this thread was created in 2008 and there seems to be new hype of it in 2014. Why does it get brought up again every few years? What's so special about it? I'm in total confusion at the whole thing, and not just because it sounds like a damn horror film, and apparently it's just a romantic drama - how can it be so great??!

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:55 am
Profile WWW

People call it the Plan 9 of our generation. It's the kind of film that is an actual chore to sit through, but when the film is on it's downright hilarious in it's awfulness, I think if it was any other actor it wouldn't matter, and the movie would just be not worth mentioning. But there is just something completely awe inspiring about Tommy Wiseau's awfulness.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:35 pm
Wallflower

Thegun wrote:
But there is just something completely awe inspiring about Tommy Wiseau's awfulness.

Yep! I would watch any movie he did. I wish he'd make another :P. I'd be highly anticipating it.

Algren, I hope you know to expect a huge piece of shit. People love it because of how wonderfully awful it is. If you can watch this with at least one other person do it.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:25 pm
now we know

okies

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Algren wrote:
Why do they throw plastic spoons at the screen? Is it part of the act or genuine disappointment at the film?

Part of the act. There are framed pictures of spoons seen in numerous scenes for no reason whatsoever. So the audiences bring plastic spoons to the screening and throw them at the screen whenever one shows up.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 am
Wallflower

I must not be very observant because I haven't noticed them and I've watched it three times. :P I will look for them next time.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:44 am
now we know

Libs wrote:
Algren wrote:

Part of the act. There are framed pictures of spoons seen in numerous scenes for no reason whatsoever. So the audiences bring plastic spoons to the screening and throw them at the screen whenever one shows up.

:funny: Pretty awesome.

I'm surprised that it's got that far, though. The fact that it is still being screened, and it apparently so awful, is a feat in itself.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 am
Profile WWW

What's even better is the play. Tommy Wiseau does the entire film live with a new and old cast, and it's equally bizarre. To see someone as passionate about shit, he almost makes Ed Wood look soft. Rifrax also did a pretty good episode on the room as well. There is also a video game of The Room you can play now too.

Algren, if you don't want to know how the film ends, stop the video before the 1 minute mark. Either way, I doubt you know will really matter. :funny:

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:48 pm
now we know

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2