Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36  Next
 UltimateMovieMayhem: It's Over! -- Final Scores -- Pg. 1 
Christian's #1 Fan

I have only watched Hitch ... so I should only have 10 points.

What are the point totals for just regular movies?

You received 10 pts. for Hitch (Bonus List #4), and 5 pts. as it was the first film you had watched that day, hence 15 pts.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:11 pm

First day was in luck, haven't planned to see anything, but boredom made me switch channels on satellite...and what do you know, my #2 place on all time list was there. The Right Stuff, what a great movie. Acting, story, direction, charm and wit in this movie are great. Definately recomend it to all people here.

Second day..eh, better if I didn't watch anything. Saw again Dodgeball, and didn't like it first time either. But brother brought DVD, and as hoped I missed something before, watched it again...booo! Craphola of a movie, with so uninspired jokes in it. Worst Stiller's movie so far.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:53 pm
College Boy Z

A short one. A list of the Best Picture nominees. Maybe make them all worth 10 pts or something. I don't know, just a thought.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:45 pm
Can I suggest another "Bonus List"?

A short one. A list of the Best Picture nominees. Maybe make them all worth 10 pts or something. I don't know, just a thought.

I actually don't like that bonus list. Not because I don't want people to see the 5 films, they should, they're all good movies, some even great.

I don't like that bonus list because I've seen all 5 films, some quite a while ago. Unless I'm getting 50 retro points (which I'm not and don't want), I think that list is unfair.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:52 pm
I feel all those bonus lists are somewhat limited.

What about for example: 20's, 30's, 40's,...atleast much more movies to pick.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:33 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

I am attempting to get some additional bonus lists posted. There will be several more by this weekend, and then additional ones throughout the course of the game.

I do plan a list of some of the Academy Award Nominees, but I've not decided in which catergory as of yet.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:01 pm
College Boy Z

Loyal, for the sake of the game, I hope all your Oscar and Foreign DVD's get stolen soon. [-o<

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:19 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:43 pm
The Kramer

damn, just missed the score update. Well I had to catch up somehow and instead of watching an oscar movie, like a true genius I picked You Got Served. It's worth 16 points right?

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 am
Loyal, for the sake of the game, I hope all your Oscar and Foreign DVD's get stolen soon. [-o<

I don't have every Best Picture. But starting at Gone With The Wind and ending with Return of the King, I have a lot of them in between.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:54 am
Christian's #1 Fan

damn, just missed the score update. Well I had to catch up somehow and instead of watching an oscar movie, like a true genius I picked You Got Served. It's worth 16 points right?

Yes. Scores will be updated again this evening.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:00 am
Extraordinary

Meh, I actually don't like the idea of bonus points. It would be damn hard for me to get some of those movies.

Hopefully some other lists than Oscar ones.

Oh? Well I did Oscars list only because i thought people would seriously start throwing heavy blunt objects at my head if I picked a personal list. If you prefer, and to make it more fair, I will switch the list up for one that should be more tricky for everyone to come by. What kind of movies do you tend to get on satelite? I just want to get an idea so I can make a fair list.

Ok, everyone, dolce is going to get seriously evil on y'all, but I'll make it worth your while (points wise) if you see any from the list I make.

:wink:

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:14 pm
Actually Dolcevita, I feel that all three lists we have now are too limited. There are dozen or so movies in each list, too little. Some 'broader' topic might be better imo. Yearly list? Week of the 40's movies perhaps? :D

Genre based? Horror Movie Weekend...or Mystery month!

I get all kinds of movies via satellite, prolly sometimes would be movies we have now on lists...but the problem is that it's random, and I have to be quite lucky to catch them on.

Anyway, just recomendation, if most are for it, don't change a thing, as I have no chance in winning this anyway...having time to see just one or two movies daily at the most. And already people like Spiderman are seeing 5(:shock:) in one day.

P.S. Must say that I'm interested in this though. ;)

dolcevita wrote:
Ok, everyone, dolce is going to get seriously evil on y'all, but I'll make it worth your while (points wise) if you see any from the list I make.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:42 pm
I'm setting my dvr like crazy to catch movies that I don't own on dvd, some from Dolce's list.

I'm looking forward to your next list Dolce. :wink:

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:16 pm
Extraordinary

dolcevita wrote:

w00t! Ok, here is my new list, and I'll make it pretty long, it will run the entire length of this series and will be titled:

Dolce's List of *Seriously Obscure Moives*. Good luck. You're going to need it.

Rogue and Torri, will you guys help me with points asisgments? these are going to be tough and well worth rewards.

I'll start off nice with two that have pretty wide distribution but no one here has seen.
Black Cat, White Cat (Kusturica)
Until the End of the World (Wenders)

Now on to the toughies,

Madchen in Uniform (Sagan)
My Twentieth Century (Enyedi)
The Agronomist (Demme)
The Believer (Bean)
Anna to the Infinite Power (Wiemer)
Cane Toads (Lewis)
Begotten (Merhige)
Casanova (Fellini)
Trois histoires extraordinaires d'Edgar Poe (Malle, Vadim, Fellini)
Faces of Women (Ecare)
Moolaade (Sembene)
Mandabi (Sembene)
Faat Kine (Sembene)
Christ Stopped at Eboli (Rosi)
Open City (Rossellini)
No Man's Land (Tanovic)
Russian Ark (Sokurov)

Hey Judges, I tried to come up with more hard to get english speaking ones too, but anyways, I will add to this list, and you guys should suggest as well. These will help counter contestants that have 6 hours a day to watch movies. I think its unfair to people that don't have that time but want to participate, so if you get your hands on some of these, it'll make the fight a little more fir. :wink:

*in parenthesis are the directors last names

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:31 pm

These will help counter contestants that have 6 hours a day to watch movies. I think its unfair to people that don't have that time but want to participate

Just to be fair Dolce, this isn't Casual Movie Mayhem. Someone who can't watch many films a week probably isn't in the competition to win it, they're playing for fun. I don't think Moolaade or Begotten should have more points than the largest amount already available, which is 18 points.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:42 pm
Extraordinary

Just to be fair Dolce, this isn't Casual Movie Mayhem. Someone who can't watch many films a week probably isn't in the competition to win it, they're playing for fun. I don't think Moolaade or Begotten should have more points than the largest amount already available, which is 18 points.

Ok on the points. But I do believe in "the quest" that is too say, someone should get rewarded for making an effort to seek out movies rather than just pull the same copy of carebears ( :oops: ) they've had on the shelf for years and watch it again just to squeeze in another number. If it takes two hours to get the movie (calling around, driving to a place, renting, etc) than those two hours should count for something, hence the extra points. I won't go above 18 though, and I'm willing to change this depending on the contestants desires, since this mayhem is for you guys. Anymore suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:54 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:

Ok on the points. But I do believe in "the quest" that is too say, someone should get rewarded for making an effort to seek out movies rather than just pull the same copy of carebears ( :oops: ) they've had on the shelf for years and watch it again just to squeeze in another number. If it takes two hours to get the movie (calling around, driving to a place, renting, etc) than those two hours should count for something, hence the extra points. I won't go above 18 though, and I'm willing to change this depending on the contestants desires, since this mayhem is for you guys. Anymore suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Watching Shakespeare in Love is no less arduous than driving to Chippewa falls to see an obscure art house film. I had to take an extra shower yesterday after watching Silence of the Lambs and Unforgiven back to back.

18 points is fine IMO, I was just worried some grand point system would be assigned. Like 50 points or something.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:02 pm
College Boy Z

It's impossible to watch movies on school days. :razz:

I've managed to get 2 a day for the weekdays, and since I have a nice, long, 4-day weekend ahead, I'll be sure to catch up.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:36 pm
Kypade

Nebs wrote:

dolcevita wrote:

w00t! Ok, here is my new list, and I'll make it pretty long, it will run the entire length of this series and will be titled:

Dolce's List of *Seriously Obscure Moives*. Good luck. You're going to need it.

Rogue and Torri, will you guys help me with points asisgments? these are going to be tough and well worth rewards.

I'll start off nice with two that have pretty wide distribution but no one here has seen.
Black Cat, White Cat (Kusturica)
Until the End of the World (Wenders)

Now on to the toughies,

Madchen in Uniform (Sagan)
My Twentieth Century (Enyedi)
The Agronomist (Demme)
The Believer (Bean)
Anna to the Infinite Power (Wiemer)
Cane Toads (Lewis)
Begotten (Merhige)
Casanova (Fellini)
Trois histoires extraordinaires d'Edgar Poe (Malle, Vadim, Fellini)
Faces of Women (Ecare)
Moolaade (Sembene)
Mandabi (Sembene)
Faat Kine (Sembene)
Christ Stopped at Eboli (Rosi)
Open City (Rossellini)
No Man's Land (Tanovic)
Russian Ark (Sokurov)

Hey Judges, I tried to come up with more hard to get english speaking ones too, but anyways, I will add to this list, and you guys should suggest as well. These will help counter contestants that have 6 hours a day to watch movies. I think its unfair to people that don't have that time but want to participate, so if you get your hands on some of these, it'll make the fight a little more fir. :wink:

*in parenthesis are the directors last names
figures...l watched Russian Ark the day before this thing started...:(

and l've been seriously looking EVERYWHERE for Black Cat White Cat...but alas...no where in florida it seems has it:(.

l've also been so busy lately l've had no time for anything....between school, work, and other school l only have like an hour a day lately. l'm gonna be so behind...maybe l'll watch Barbarian Invasions tonight, t'get some points...:oops:

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:42 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

As for the lists, I like Dolce's idea about the obscure films. We will add more of these types of films over the coming weeks (remember, this lasts for 90 days).

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:43 pm
As for the lists, I like Dolce's idea about the obscure films. We will add more of these types of films over the coming weeks (remember, this lasts for 90 days).

Do you know when the next bonus list will be posted?

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:45 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Horror Week starts on Sunday. Great Films of the 1980's should be posted by Sunday as well.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:01 pm
College Boy Z

Horror Week starts on Sunday. Great Films of the 1980's should be posted by Sunday as well.

\:D/

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:07 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Last edited by Jeff on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36  Next