Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Favorite Rocky Balboa Fight 

Rocky's Best Bout
Rocky vs. Spider Rico 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rocky vs. Apollo 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Rocky vs. Apollo (Rematch) 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Rocky vs. Thunderlips 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Rocky vs. Clubber Lang 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rocky vs. Ivan Drago 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Rocky vs. Tommy Gunn 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rocky vs. Mason Dixon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Favorite Rocky Balboa Fight 
On autopilot for the summer

Post Favorite Rocky Balboa Fight
Lector beat me to the punch with another Stallone thread but I was already working on this one. I think we can all agree that all of the Rocky fights were top notch entertainment (Even Rocky's streetfight in V was very memorable)

Though I think my favorite has to go to Rocky II's rematch. It had the intensity and grittiness of hte first film, but also brought in the Sly's style of the later films a little bit, and while the end would never happen, the slow motion countdown is absolutely priceless. And Rocky Became champion for the first time and really seemed like he was completely exhausted and shocked "Yo Adrian, I did it!"

It's hard to rank the rest though: Mason Dixon is up there now, I love the HBO feel to it and the punches land much much more, One gets points for being so gritty and good while Drago's is so dam stylish; I really like Clubber Lang, but since there were two other fights in the film, it goes by too fast, but still effective. Tommy Gunn migth be the worst but still gets points for being completely different and still fun. I love them all, but 2 has the best for me.

u?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:26 pm
Superfreak

Post Re: Favorite Rocky Balboa Fight
rematch creeds/weathers is electrifying

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:39 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Ivan Drago followed by "I Pity the Fool" Clubber Lang

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:40 pm
Forum General

Rocky II also for me. But for Rocky, I liked the training scenes and music better than the fights.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:01 pm
Extraordinary

Balboa vs. Creed I

Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:41 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

1. Balboa Vs Drago
2. Balboa Vs Apollo II

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:11 pm
Superman: The Movie

Balboa v. Apollo rematch. The first is a much better film, but I'm a sucker for happy endings.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I'd go..

1. Rocky vs. Ivan Drago
2. Rocky vs. Apollo 2
3. Rocky vs. Clubber Lang 2
4. Rocky vs. Apollo 1
5. Rocky vs. Mason Dixon
6. Rocky vs. Clubber Lang 1
7. Rocky vs. Thunderlips
8. Rocky vs. Spider Rico
9. Rocky vs. Tommy Gunn

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:31 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Here's a funny quote from Sly regarding who would win in a fight. Some guy asked "I met Carl Weathers at a signing in the UK and asked him who would win in a no holds barred match between himself and the other Rocky stars and he said it would be: 1st Mr. T, 2nd him, 3rd Dolph, and last Stallone. Do you agree?"

Sly's response:
"Absolutely not. First of all, my brother Frank used to spar with Carl and chase him around the ring like a fox running from a hound. I saw Dolph Lundgren pick up Carl and heave him 3 feet into the corner when I was directing the scene between them; rather than retaliate, Carl got out of the ring and said something ferocious like, "I'm calling my agent… I quit!" So in order of boxing skills and fighting ability, I would say Dolph Lundgren, myself, Mr. T, Paulie, and then Apollo Creed."

:funny:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
Here's a funny quote from Sly regarding who would win in a fight. Some guy asked "I met Carl Weathers at a signing in the UK and asked him who would win in a no holds barred match between himself and the other Rocky stars and he said it would be: 1st Mr. T, 2nd him, 3rd Dolph, and last Stallone. Do you agree?"

Sly's response:
"Absolutely not. First of all, my brother Frank used to spar with Carl and chase him around the ring like a fox running from a hound. I saw Dolph Lundgren pick up Carl and heave him 3 feet into the corner when I was directing the scene between them; rather than retaliate, Carl got out of the ring and said something ferocious like, "I'm calling my agent… I quit!" So in order of boxing skills and fighting ability, I would say Dolph Lundgren, myself, Mr. T, Paulie, and then Apollo Creed."

:funny: That's awesome.

Did you ever read the series of Q&A's that Sly did on AICN back in the mid 00's? Great reads.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 am
now we know

MadGez wrote:
Algren wrote:

Sly's response:

:funny: That's awesome.

Did you ever read the series of Q&A's that Sly did on AICN back in the mid 00's? Great reads.

Yep! That's where that is from. They are good Q&As. Much better than most video interviews where he gets the same old stuff about how Rocky came to be, his problematic birth, and when another Expendables is coming out.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]