Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Jeepers Creepers 3 is coming! 
Wallflower

Post Re: Jeepers Creepers 3 is coming!
This movie finally happened. Was set to have its premiere in September but.....

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news ... estors-332

Screening canceled due to threats of protests. Not surprising but annoying.

This is in the Coming Soon section for my Marcus Theatre. Normally would just figure that's a mistake but tickets are on sale now for the 26th (same date AMC had on their site) and it's listed as an alternative event with higher ticket prices. So this might actually be released then. If so I'm going even if it does cost more.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:08 pm
now we know

No where does it say why they would protest? Ok, the guy is a scumbag, but so is Woody Allen and you don't see people protesting his movies. Why is this guy such a scumbag that this movie needs boycotting/protesting so much?

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

As much as I hate saying it I have to agree with Algren on this. Sure Salva might be a fucking creep, but it's not like he's the only one out there. Plenty of people in the entertainment industry have been either accused or convicted of child molestation, and you don't see any of them getting this level attention. I already know I'll be seeing Jeepers Creepers 3 regardless of where it ends up and that's solely because of how much of a fan I am of the first two.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:00 pm
now we know

Dil wrote:
As much as I hate saying it I have to agree with Algren on this.

Yeah, fuck you too. ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

The culture is changing, too. People are closing in more on those who have committed sexual assaults. For example, Roman Polanski has functioned perfectly fine as a Europe-based director for decades, with comparatively few people caring when he put together sizable projects and flew over A-list talents such as Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley, Kate Winslet, etc., none of whom thought raped-an-underage-girl-and-fled-prosecution outweighed, "Woo hoo, he made Chinatown! I might win an Oscar!" But I suspect we will see major protests now when a film of his debuts at a festival. There will be more mobilization to intensify the stigma.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:49 am
now we know

It is the old fashioned witch hunt all over again. We're going back hundreds of years. Where is the modern society of treating these people like humans. Sick humans, but still humans. Humans that need care and professional help, not being stoned and excised out of society. That won't stop pedos. Not that Allen is a pedo (he just fucked up once). All it will do is force them to conceal their urges more or hide their tracks more. Pedos will still rape kids, just like fatties will still eat fast food, they'll just do it more secretively. Part of me agrees with this attitude, but another part of me can appreciate that they still have a lot to offer this world.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

He did his time. I don't feel he should not be able to work again. Not to mention sooooo many other people worked on this film. It's not just him. It's not really fair to prevent all of them from having their work seen. People need to get over it. They don't have to watch the film but don't try and keep others from watching it.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:38 am
now we know

Magic Mike wrote:
He did his time. I don't feel he should not be able to work again. Not to mention sooooo many other people worked on this film. It's not just him. It's not really fair to prevent all of them from having their work seen. People need to get over it.

Well said.

And I imagine loads of paedophiles worked on huge Hollywood blockbusters in smaller capacities. The SJW/moron brigade doesn't seem to care about those.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I almost miss the days when this information was lesser known. But thanks to social media it spreads like wildfire and everyone has to protest everything. :roll:

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:11 am
Forum General

Looks like the September 26 date was legit after all since they just released a tv spot. Too bad it's for one night only though because this could have made a decent amount of money with a wide release.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 pm
Wallflower

Especially if released one of the last couple weekends. Though of course there probably would have been too many protests and some theaters would have refused to show it.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2