Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 LDV rips off Archangel ~~~Lemony Snicket~~~WWXMAS Assualt 
Extraordinary

Post LDV rips off Archangel ~~~Lemony Snicket~~~WWXMAS Assualt
Hey everyone!

*Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events gets the coveted Dec. 17th spot now left vacant after three years of LOTR occupation.

I saw the preview when I went to watch Sky Captain, and I must say, I thought it looked excellent. The dark X-mas flick always does fairly well. Think of Bad Santa. And for once, I must say Jim Carrey was the perfect casting. Everything I saw in the preview looked good. I never read the books when I was younger, but someone I was with did, and he sounded very excited. Lets put all the info on Snicket in this thread, and once it opens and becomes a Box Office discussion, we can move it over to the other forum.

Oficial Website: http://www.unfortunateeventsmovie.com/intro.html

Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:41 am
Extraordinary

Let me just start off by saying the books are fantastic. :D The casting looks good, though I don't get why they couldn't get Klaus to wear glasses... Is it really that hard?
This is probaly my most anticipated for the rest of the year, tied with Closer.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:50 am
rustiphica

I want to see this because its got Jim Carrey. I don't want to see this because its got Jude Law. So it's a 50/50 for me right now.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:21 pm
Extraordinary

I want to see this because its got Jim Carrey. I don't want to see this because its got Jude Law. So it's a 50/50 for me right now.

I think Jude Law's only doing the narration... Unless you don't want to hear his voice. :wink:

Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:20 pm
Indiana Jones IV

nobody else can play the position better than Jim Carrey...hes so goofy and wierd that its great for him

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

nobody else can play the position better than Jim Carrey...hes so goofy and wierd that its great for him

Agreed.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Owner

This movie is based of a series of books ... think hardy boys or some other continuing series.

The kid's have fallin into the grasp of (Jim Carey) who inherited all their parents money. In the books each book deals with them fighting Carey. At the end of almost every book, they realize that Carey's character was infact Carey, because throughout the books he had been pretending to be someone else. This happens in every book, and in one of the previews it went through and showed most of Carey's characters.

It will be intersting to see how they pull this off in the movie, and I agree Carey is an excelent choice.

KJ

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

I read 1-8.... looks like the movie will be 1-3 ish. or whichever were the first, the reptile one, and the one with the lake and the cliff house.

I cant wait.

And I love the little ~~~~~s. hehe

Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Interesting to note:

This movie is based of a series of books ... think hardy boys or some other continuing series.

The kid's have fallin into the grasp of (Jim Carey) who inherited all their parents money. In the books each book deals with them fighting Carey. At the end of almost every book, they realize that Carey's character was infact Carey, because throughout the books he had been pretending to be someone else. This happens in every book, and in one of the previews it went through and showed most of Carey's characters.

It will be intersting to see how they pull this off in the movie, and I agree Carey is an excelent choice.

KJ

I don;t think it was the Hardy Boys...they were the Carolyn Keene male counter parts to Nancy Drew. I think these were an indipendant children's book series. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this film is going to be the big surprise both in qulaity and in BO #s of this year. Second only to POTC I guess. It'll break 200 million no?

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:14 pm
Indiana Jones IV

This film looks great, but i don't think it will break 200m. It should get atleast 100m though, My guess 130m.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]