Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sigourney Weaver Comments On ALIEN V.. 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Sigourney Weaver Comments On ALIEN V..
http://www.moviehole.net/news/4649.html

Or is it ALIEN VI??? FOX seems to have it that AVP was part of the ALIEN Saga with Paul W.S Anderson penning the script for ALIEN VI(Which would be light years better than the last 2 ALIEN movies anyday of the week).. I also find it amazing how she was so hell bent against being in another ALIEN movie and insisted on her character being killed off in ALIEN III to avoid being in AVP and now she's singing a different tune.. :roll: The way I see it right now, I could give a rats ass whether Sigourney Weaver is in another ALIEN movie or not and she's right: She's an old bag by todays standards and should've kept her mouth shut and her Ego intact and we could've avoided the last 2 abysmal failures in the franchise thanks to her and her lame input.. Quite frankly, I say move on without her and let Anderson pick up the pieces and clean this mess of a franchise up.. Like the guy or not and I know there are many of fanboys in the internet world that find it cool and hip to bash this guy for some reason, but he did make a damn, damn good ALIEN VS PREDATOR movie that if it sucked as bad as many of you and the RT Posters said it did, it wouldn't of made 40 Million bucks in it's opening weekend and 80 Million domestically, not to mention probably more when it arrives on the 2 Disc Set DVD next month..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

If it made $40m and then only finished with $80m, that means it had some pretty DAMN bad WOM.

That's nothing to be proud of. Even Zingaling knows WOM on the movie was bad.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:51 am
I thought that AVP was okay at best, all the previous entries in the Alien and Predator franchise were better than it though. A mult of 2 is not good really but it was a fanbase movie and the studio was pleased with it. It does have 150+mil WW as well, so bring on Alien 5!!!! (with Weaver and Scott only)
I would LOVE for Sigourney and Ridley to team up again, that would be amazing and perfect and many more great adjectives. The two who started the franchise would end the franchise. I don't think that the fact that Sigourney is 55yrs old would matter, not to me anyway. She looks great (as always) and i would be first in line for another Alien film starring her directed by Ridley Scott.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:10 am
Veteran

People need another stupid Alien movie like they need a hole in the head. The last Alien movie that was any good was in 1986, followed by two horrible sequels and a dumb VS movie.

Bury the idea of Alien 5 under 1000' of dirt.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

the 2nd one was great and imo the 3rd one was well directed (if you watch the directors cut) but after that it needed to stop...let the past stay in the past

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:19 am
Profile WWW

Well...
If it made $40m and then only finished with $80m, that means it had some pretty DAMN bad WOM.

That's nothing to be proud of. Even Zingaling knows WOM on the movie was bad.

Well sure it did.. Hell it had bad WOM because of the dumbass fans expecting an Epic out a movie with the word "VS" in the title instead of being what it was intended to be.. :lol: Like I've said over and over: This would be like expecting an Epic out of a movie like Godzilla VS Mothra or Dracula VS Frankenstein.. Perhaps if the so called fans would've lowered there expectations with AVP and seen it for what it was instead of what it wasn't intended to be, you would've enjoyed it more.. Fanboys act as though Ridley Scott and James Cameron are the only one's exclusive to doing these movies and I don't agree with that at all.. Funny how the ALIENS and the Queen in AVP Looked easily, EASILY as good as what was in ALIENS of 1986 and for a lesser budget than what Cameron would've dumped into it.. I think it boils down to the fact that unless a movie cost 200 Million to make in this day and age, the fans are going to tear it apart no matter what.. AVP cost 60 Million to make an looked every bit as good as what Cameron or Scott did with their respective films in the series.. Go figure.. :roll:

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:40 am
Profile WWW
So you are saying that since the Queen in AVP "easily" looked as good as it did in Aliens, that is more of a compliment to Aliens than AVP. One of the many reasons that Aliens is the best movie ever is its flawless SFX, they hold up miraculously well (they are 18yrs old and if Cameron were to go the Lucas route and redo the FX there would be little to improve)
I really don't get your point about how fans hated AVP because it only cost 60mil. I don't think fans had a problem with the SFX, they seemed to have a problem with the story, the characters, and the fact that it was toned down to a PG13 as opposed to the R it should have been. Who says that a movie has to cost 200mil to make or that Cameron would have required a budget that big to do it? Oh, right, you did. Also your argument that people were stupid for expecting a good movie is ridiculous. Just because you were looking forward to crap (as far as most are concerned) does not mean that the people who were hoping for a good movie are stupid. Someone besides Cameron or Scott could direct it, but it would not be as good as if they did it. Anderson is no where near as talented (or talented) as any of the previous Alien movies helmers.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:38 am

So you are saying that since the Queen in AVP "easily" looked as good as it did in Aliens, that is more of a compliment to Aliens than AVP. One of the many reasons that Aliens is the best movie ever is its flawless SFX, they hold up miraculously well (they are 18yrs old and if Cameron were to go the Lucas route and redo the FX there would be little to improve)
I really don't get your point about how fans hated AVP because it only cost 60mil. I don't think fans had a problem with the SFX, they seemed to have a problem with the story, the characters, and the fact that it was toned down to a PG13 as opposed to the R it should have been. Who says that a movie has to cost 200mil to make or that Cameron would have required a budget that big to do it? Oh, right, you did. Also your argument that people were stupid for expecting a good movie is ridiculous. Just because you were looking forward to crap (as far as most are concerned) does not mean that the people who were hoping for a good movie are stupid. Someone besides Cameron or Scott could direct it, but it would not be as good as if they did it. Anderson is no where near as talented (or talented) as any of the previous Alien movies helmers.

Uh, yeah.. Anderson's not as talented as Cameron or Scott which is why FOX has hired him to clean up the mess made from the last 2 ALIEN movies.. :roll: As for the story and FX to AVP?? There wasn't a goddamn thing the matter with the story or FX and if fanboys would pick up the Dark Horse Comic of the same title that's been around since 1990 along with the very successful videogame of the same title, they'd see it's straight out of the comics.. It was a "VS" movie folks, not an Epic and as for the rating?? So what?? Yesterday's chest bursting scene from the 1979 ALIEN is todays PG-13 flick.. You had chest bursting in AVP, What's the point??? I think it boils down to the fact that todays moviegoers, the teens of today, are too fucking spoiled and have too many options available to them for their own good and are a bunch of spoiled brats if they don't get their way.. It's funny how long before AVP came out, fanboys bitched endlessely about the Director and the premise itself, yet, you can damn well be sure they were there in line the day it came out for a movie that supposedly sucked and the sequel will be no different.. Fans will piss and moan and at the end of the day, will still be in line to see it just like any of Paul Anderson's other movies.. They guy does generate studios a profit and does it well$$$$...

Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Equate success with

QUALITY

BKB

Much to learn

YOU STILL HAVE

MMMMMMMUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

you have to get off your high horse on this one. You have all the right to love this movie, much like some members here as well.

But what you don't have a right to say is that everyone here was expecting some epic cause of the vs title.

I'm sure most people were looking for fun, no oscar winning dialogue or directing or any of that stuff. It was meant to be no more than a popcorn movie, everyone realized that but sadly, even in our eyes, it miserably failed. I have cited my points in the review. You are more than welcome to "re"read it and tell me where in that review I'm actually looking for something more than it was suppose to offer. If you do, please cite actual cases and not general statements.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Uh, yeah.. Anderson's not as talented as Cameron or Scott which is why FOX has hired him to clean up the mess made from the last 2 ALIEN movies.. :roll:

I think the more likely reason Fox hired him to clean up the mess the last 2 Alien movies made is because Anderson's not as expensive as Cameron or Scott. Anderson has a habit of finding properties with installed fanbases and underbids everybody else with an interest in making them.

BKB_The_Man wrote:
It was a "VS" movie folks, not an Epic

So having a "VS" in the title gives a film the right to suck? I can't wait until the rest of Hollywood figures this out. Not happy with the final product? Slap a VS in the title! That way the next time someone says your movie's a pile of steaming pap, you can leave them speechless by barking "It's a VS movie, not an epic!!" in their superior, gloating mugs.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:41 am
Cream of the Crop

Now...

LET US

SEE

If BKB can understand

YOUR WORDS

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Sorry to tell you BKB, but there is no way that the chest bursting scene from Alien is "today's PG13 flick". The chest bursting scenes from AVP were NO WHERE NEAR the ones in previous Alien movies. They cut away as soon as the alien broke through, and how you can say that it was anything like the blood-soaked one from 1979.
You really need to give up on this VS bullshit. People weren't expecting an epic, they were expecting to see what they were promised: aliens fighting predators with humans caught in the middle. There was just about no human gore at all, and there were only 3 preds and two were killed just about instantly (i did like the only one on one, alien vs predator fight when the alien won).
Anderson wasn't hired to clean up the mess, he was hired because he was cheap.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:18 pm

Truer words have never been spoken.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:21 pm
Commander and Chef

Dr Malcom wrote:

They have been. One needs to only look at your ex-sig from Team America.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Dr Malcom wrote:

They have been. One needs to only look at your ex-sig from Team America.

:lol:

"A flying limo? Now I've seen everything."

"Have you seen a man eat his own head?"

"What? No."

"Then you haven't seen everything. Have you, Gary?"

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:28 pm
Hot Fuss

The last good Alien movie was 20 years ago. Make it good, or stop with the crap already.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/353/2/

With the success of this past summer’s Alien Vs. Predator, rumors have begun floating around regarding a continuation of the two franchises. The predominant thinking is that another Alien movie will likely get made, and a story broke a few weeks ago which indicated that AvP writer-director Paul W.S. Anderson would be scripting an Alien 6.

In an exclusive interview with Anderson yesterday, Now Playing Magazine spoke to the filmmaker about the possibility of his returning to the Alien fold. He flatly denied the rumors.

“That’s not a reality,” he says. “I’ve heard that. I’ve been doing press lately for AvP and a lot of people said that. I don’t know where that came from. It’s not something I’ve been approached about.”

And more to the point, Anderson is thinking that someone has their numbers mixed up.

“What happened to Alien 5 anyway?! Who’s doing that?!” he laughs, before adding that he thinks AvP shouldn’t be considered the fifth film in the Alien series. “I would hope [it’s not looked at that way], because it’s a prequel anyway, so it doesn’t even take place in the same timeline as the Sigourney Weaver film. You know, when I did AvP, it was very much that I felt like I was making a standalone film that wouldn’t interfere with an Alien 5 or a Predator 3, which are both movies that I would like to see.”

When asked what he would like to see from a new Alien picture, the filmmaker has the perfect fanboy answer: “I’d heard that Cameron had his idea for it so I’d like to see that!”

Alien Vs. Predator will be hitting DVD on January 25th.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:41 pm
I'm Batman

BKB just got pie in his face reading that article.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:03 pm
BKB just got pie in his face reading that article.

I must admit, I got a lot of pleasure posting that article. 8)

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:11 pm
That is why that i don't hate AVP, like some, or love it like others. It served its purpose. AVP got the studios to want to make more Alien and Predator movies and that is great. I don't know where the Predator franchise could go, but i am hoping for one last Alien movie starring Sigourney Weaver and directed by Ridley Scott. Although the down side is that would mean another DVD and then the Quadrilogy would be incomplete. I really hope that they would just release another DVD and not interfere with the box set.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:48 pm

Best News Ever :lol:

With the success of this past summer’s Alien Vs. Predator, rumors have begun floating around regarding a continuation of the two franchises. The predominant thinking is that another Alien movie will likely get made, and a story broke a few weeks ago which indicated that AvP writer-director Paul W.S. Anderson would be scripting an Alien 6.

In an exclusive interview with Anderson yesterday, Now Playing Magazine spoke to the filmmaker about the possibility of his returning to the Alien fold. He flatly denied the rumors.

“That’s not a reality,” he says. “I’ve heard that. I’ve been doing press lately for AvP and a lot of people said that. I don’t know where that came from. It’s not something I’ve been approached about.”

And more to the point, Anderson is thinking that someone has their numbers mixed up.

“What happened to Alien 5 anyway?! Who’s doing that?!” he laughs, before adding that he thinks AvP shouldn’t be considered the fifth film in the Alien series. “I would hope [it’s not looked at that way], because it’s a prequel anyway, so it doesn’t even take place in the same timeline as the Sigourney Weaver film. You know, when I did AvP, it was very much that I felt like I was making a standalone film that wouldn’t interfere with an Alien 5 or a Predator 3, which are both movies that I would like to see.”

When asked what he would like to see from a new Alien picture, the filmmaker has the perfect fanboy answer: “I’d heard that Cameron had his idea for it so I’d like to see that!”

Well I think that's very sad and very unfortunate that you can't put 100% reliance on someone's fucking news or rumors in this day and age of the Internet and whoever posted this weeks ago about Anderson doing the Script for ALIEN VI or V whichever, should be taken out back and beaten and shot to death.. Perhaps if the so called internet film expert wannabes would get their facts straight before posting news like this, we'd save ourselves alot of time... Personally, I think FOX SHOULD approach this guy to fix the ALIEN Franchise and for crying out loud, it couldn't be any worse than the last 2 pieces of shit in the ALIEN Saga and could only get better..

Baba, your review for AVP sucked and yeah, I did read it and don't agree with any of it.. I think it proves just like I've said all along that fanboys in this day and age have expectations entirely too high and too unrealistic to be met and your review proved that.. Sorry..

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

once again bkb, i have no issues with you not liking my review. But again you claim i had high expectations. I'm still waiting for you to point out where in my review was I expecting something to the likes of Terminator, an oscar winning movie or hell, even as popcornish as The Mummy returns.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:50 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Best News Ever :lol:

Well I think that's very sad and very unfortunate that you can't put 100% reliance on someone's fucking news or rumors in this day and age of the Internet and whoever posted this weeks ago about Anderson doing the Script for ALIEN VI or V whichever, should be taken out back and beaten and shot to death.. Perhaps if the so called internet film expert wannabes would get their facts straight before posting news like this, we'd save ourselves alot of time... Personally, I think FOX SHOULD approach this guy to fix the ALIEN Franchise and for crying out loud, it couldn't be any worse than the last 2 pieces of shit in the ALIEN Saga and could only get better..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this thread has run it's course. Lets bury it.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 am
Cream of the Crop

To be

WRONG

BKB!??? :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next