Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The Ring vs. The Sixth Sense vs. The Others 

Which one do you prefer?
The Sixth Sense 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
The Others 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
The Ring 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 14

The Ring vs. The Sixth Sense vs. The Others 
You must have big rats

Post The Ring vs. The Sixth Sense vs. The Others
The Ring , The Others and The Sixth Sense have proven that good and successful horror can be also PG-13 rated and the movies set landmarks in modern horror/thriller cinema. The Sixth Sense and The Ring are the scariest movies I have seen in my entire life so far (and they are pretty much the only movies that could really scare me). I added The Others to the list because it fits in with its genre and its success and praise. The Sixth Sense and The Others both made it into IMDB's all-time TOP 250. Furthermore, most horror movies fans adore these two movies.

The Sixth Sense launched an extremely successful career for its director, M. Night Shyamalan and it set standards for twist endings. The ending of this movie blew me away like none other and this is DEFINITELY a movie you want to see twice. It has also discovered the great talent of Haley Joel Osment (which seems to be wasted recently). The ending

The Ring generated a wave of Asian horror remakes that is coming upon us now. The Grudge, the hugely successful Sarah Michelle Gellar starrer is the first one that has arrived. Dark Water and The Ring 2 are coming in 2005. After The Ring, Samara, the movie's villain became a horror movies icon not to be forgotten for years.

The Others was another very successful and beloved horror flick with a surprise ending almost as great as The Sixth Sense's. Nicole Kidman delivered one of her best performances in that movie.

It is hard for me to pick between The Ring and The Sixth Sense, as both are in my TOP 10 of horror movies, but I give a slight edge to The Sixth Sense, mainly because of its ending and the originality of the movie. I like The Others less than the two other movies, because it almost seems like a rehash of The Sixth Sense at times and it just doesn't get as scary as the two other movies I have mentioned.

Which one do you like better?

Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

The Ring, hands down. The Sixth Sense was good, but not great. The Others and Sixth Sense are no where near horror.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:56 pm
You must have big rats

The Ring, hands down. The Sixth Sense was good, but not great. The Others and Sixth Sense are no where near horror.

Well, I'd argue that The Others is actually much more of a horror movie than The Sixth Sense. I understand if people classify The Sixth Sense as a psychological thriller. The Others is different, though, in my opinion. It is horror. Sublte horror, but still horror.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I didn't mean that it wasn't actually horror. I guess I should have said that it didn't scare me at all. It did a hell of a job ruininng my sister's night of sleep, though. :wink:

She was 5 at the time. :lol:

Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:06 pm
Teh Mexican

well for me its between The Sixth Sense and The Ring
The Others was good, but Enough to compete with the other to!

so my vote goes to the Ring!! :)

Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:08 pm
You must have big rats

I didn't mean that it wasn't actually horror. I guess I should have said that it didn't scare me at all. It did a hell of a job ruininng my sister's night of sleep, though. :wink:

She was 5 at the time. :lol:

Hehe.

To be honest, I almost fell asleep during the mid-section of The Others. The Sixth Sense made made me jump in my seat some times, though.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

I like The Sixth Sense the best, however they are all good. I would rank The Ring 2nd, then The Others 3rd.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:24 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
- As a horror movie, The Ring. Easy choice.

- As the better movie, as I have discussed before because the The Sixth Sense is classified as a thriller, I say The Sixth Sense.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It didnt scare me but it was a damn good film,One of the best of 1999 and totaly deserved the oscar nominations it got.I put it #3 of best movies of 99.

The ring and The Others sucked IMO.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

The Ring hands down although I love the Sixth Sense and The Others

Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:36 am
Extraordinary

I haven't seen the Others (I should though...), but I loved Sixth Sense and The Ring, can't really choose as I haven't seen em in a while.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:12 am
Angels & Demons

I found the other two to be godawful. hated them.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]