Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 H-8... 
The Wall

Post H-8...

So today I finally got around watching this movie. It's said that this is one of the best movies (in, I have to say, otherwise completely atrocious) filmography of Croatia. Whenever I see a Croatian movie (whether the reviews are good or bad) I find myself rolling my eyes throughout most of the movie and the feeling is likewise among the general moviegoers who just ignore domestic movies because they're just no good at all.

But I found this to be a real gem of a movie.

The movie starts out with a news-like narration of events that will happen. A bus and a truck, each heading towards each other, will crash due to a reckless drive of an unknown car of which only a part of its license registration will be known (H-8...) and its driver will forever remain unknown and unpunished. (This is actually based on a real event!)

From that point on the movie rewinds back in time and we get to know both passengers in the bus and the truck driver and his son and a hitchhiker they pick up. But once everyone is on board and the drive starts the narrator tells us about the seats that if occupied will bring death to their passengers... Thus the drama begins as we discover stories of everyone involved and with that knowledge we understand how every death will have a larger consequence. And with the constant shuffle of people we are left to wonder who will sit on the doomed seats once the time runs out.

So if you're interested in seeing it just let me now because this movie is not easy to find as it was never officially released. I'd definitely recommend it! :thumbsup:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]