Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 A SECRET 
Wallflower

Post A SECRET

A somber and haunting personal film told with the scope of The Godfather trilogy that's sure to leave a lasting impression on anyone who sees it.
- Edward Douglas, ComingSoon.net

Plot:

Francois, a solitary, imaginative child, invents for himself a brother as well as the story of his parents past. But on his fifteenth birthday, he discovers a dark family secret that ties his family's history to the Holocaust and shatters his illusions forever. Before the war, his father, Maxime, was married to Hannah when he fell madly in love with Francois's mother, Tania. As a young Jewish couple living in Nazi-occupied France, Maxime and Tania were compelled to make difficult choices to survive the war while Hannah would make a decision that would change her life and that of her family forever.

Starring: Mathieu Amalric, Patrick Bruel, Cecile De France, Ludivine Sagnier, Julie Depardieu

Directed by: Claude Miller

Produced by: Sylvestre Guarino, Yves Marmion, Alfred Hurmer

Theatrical Release: Sep 5, 2008 Limited

Sounds great! I thought so when I came across it on Rotten Tomatoes, but then when I went to Yahoo Movies I discovered that it also has Cecile de France in it, which makes me want to see it even more.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]