Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hey Hey It's Esther Blueburger (Toni Collette) 
i break the rules, so i don't care

Post Hey Hey It's Esther Blueburger (Toni Collette)

Quote:
HEY HEY IT'S ESTHER BLUEBURGER - a smart, rueful and dead-on portrait of life's unending quest to fit in; and the girl who solves it by completely breaking out - introduces a feisty outsider hero unlike any other seen on screen. Esther Blueburger's (DANIELLE CANTANZARITI) quest begins when she escapes from her Bat Mitzvah party and is befriended by Sunni.. (KEISHA CASTLE-HUGHES), the effortlessly cool girl who is everything Esther thinks she wants to be. With the help of Sunni, Esther goes AWOL from her ordinary life and leaves behind her malfunctioning Jewish family to hang out with Sunni's far breezier and super-hip single mom Mary (TONI COLLETTE) and attend Sunni's forbidden public school as a Swedish exchange student.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Post Re: Hey Hey It's Esther Blueburger (Toni Collette)
While the movie looks like another coming of age story catering to the tweens, it really isn't. In fact, this is an adult film as it deals with some very serious issues and there are some shocking scenes, some of which that are very humorous.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:49 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

I'm not a big fan of the trailer, it really wasn't put together very well.

Having said that it sounds like an interesting film, and if it plays anywhere near here I'll definitely check it out. It is good to see Keisha Castle-Hughes again, and she looks like she's ... grown up. Heh.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 pm
Extraordinary

Actually, it looks kinda cute, even if there are serious moments and topics throughout. It piques my curiosity. I looked it up on rt, though, and it doesn't have a release date here yet. If its playing sometime after this month, I might go check it out. I can't wait to enjoy a couple of movies over the summer.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Dolcinea wrote:
Actually, it looks kinda cute, even if there are serious moments and topics throughout. It piques my curiosity. I looked it up on rt, though, and it doesn't have a release date here yet. If its playing sometime after this month, I might go check it out. I can't wait to enjoy a couple of movies over the summer.

You and me both.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Dolcinea wrote:

I hope it does. It's a bit like Juno, but more intelligent and quippier one-liners.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:16 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

getluv wrote:
Dolcinea wrote:

I hope it does. It's a bit like Juno, but more intelligent and quippier one-liners.

Honest to blog?

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Jeff wrote:
getluv wrote:
Dolcinea wrote:

Honest to blog?

Esther Blueburger contains some of my favourite one liners .

"What the fuck were you doing at Target?"
"I don't want to be a 14 year-old virgin."

Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:00 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

getluv wrote:
Jeff wrote:
getluv wrote:
Dolcinea wrote:

Honest to blog?

Esther Blueburger contains some of my favourite one liners .

"What the fuck were you doing at Target?"
"I don't want to be a 14 year-old virgin."

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Ok I'm checking it out if/when it gets released here.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]