Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Rank the Studio Ghibli Films 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Rank the Studio Ghibli Films
Finwë wrote:
I'm jealous you've seen Cagliostro, where'd you find it? It's not Ghibli, but it's the only Miyazaki I haven't seen (not counting Ponyo of course).

Castle of Cagliostro is actually pretty common in N.America, I've seen it in the discount bin at Walmart, but it's always available at Amazon.

Another fave of mine is the two Panda Go Panda shorts, that although not directed by Miyazaki, definitely show his strong hand in their production - - Papa Panda's got more than a little Totoro in him. The two episodes are fantastically cute examples of early Miyazaki!

And BTW, who else was thrilled to see Totoro's special guest appearance in the new extended South Park episode Imaginationland! Hooray for Totoro!!!

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:01 am
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Post Re: Rank the Studio Ghibli Films
Bradley Witherberry wrote:
Finwë wrote:
I'm jealous you've seen Cagliostro, where'd you find it? It's not Ghibli, but it's the only Miyazaki I haven't seen (not counting Ponyo of course).

Castle of Cagliostro is actually pretty common in N.America, I've seen it in the discount bin at Walmart, but it's always available at Amazon.

Another fave of mine is the two Panda Go Panda shorts, that although not directed by Miyazaki, definitely show his strong hand in their production - - Papa Panda's got more than a little Totoro in him. The two episodes are fantastically cute examples of early Miyazaki!

And BTW, who else was thrilled to see Totoro's special guest appearance in the new extended South Park episode Imaginationland! Hooray for Totoro!!!

It's not on Netflix. Fucking Netflix.

I saw Panda Go Panda and I love it. Miyazaki was animation director or something. He also worked on Pirate Treasure Island or something like that. I haven't watched it but my friend owns it.

Don't tell me anything about the second half of season 11 of South Park, I have to wait till August for the damn DVD. But Trey and Matt always seem to reference cool things (Nanny Skeksi being my favorite), so I'm not surprised Totoro makes an appearance finally.

Gake no ue no Ponyo
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2