Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Almodovar 
Jordan Mugen-Honda

bradley witherberry wrote:
Snickety Snack 2 wrote:
Snickety Snack 2 wrote:
I don't understand how anyone, let alone 2 people, could possibly hate All About My Mother.

Perhaps it means it's time to revise your assessment...

No thanks...I trust my own opinion over "Fantasic Four 2 = 12 out of 5" bradley witherberry's. :shades:

Well then, how do you reconcile my rating Volver at 7 out 5 with your own opinion?

(BTW, I don't see your review of FF2:ROTSS over in the "Everyone's A Critic" forum -- what was your rating for that film?)

So we liked the same film. We can agree on that one. However, when I see something so shocking as your "Fantastic Four 12 out of 5 OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!11," I can safely say that your opinions are not going to influence mine. I don't fell your 7/5 for Volver gives my liking of it any more credibility. I'm not hatin' though....I'm not saying anything about you as a person/internet character, but rather that I don't trust your film taste.

Hmmm you're exposure to Bradley is clearly of the limited variety.

He may be wild and eccentric but he never devolves to cliche and smug when describing a film. Even if he hates a film he gives a good enough description for me to decide if I like it or not, and thats the mark of a good reviewer. (Forgiving his odd lapse into hyperbole).

At least I never feel insulted by the guy. Thats the mark of a good reviewer for me.

(that FF4 2 review is still on the edge though :sweat: )

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:21 pm
Extraordinary

Snickety Snack 2 wrote:
Snickety Snack 2 wrote:
Snickety Snack 2 wrote:
I don't understand how anyone, let alone 2 people, could possibly hate All About My Mother.

Perhaps it means it's time to revise your assessment...

No thanks...I trust my own opinion over "Fantasic Four 2 = 12 out of 5" bradley witherberry's. :shades:

Well then, how do you reconcile my rating Volver at 7 out 5 with your own opinion?

(BTW, I don't see your review of FF2:ROTSS over in the "Everyone's A Critic" forum -- what was your rating for that film?)

So we liked the same film. We can agree on that one. However, when I see something so shocking as your "Fantastic Four 12 out of 5 OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!11," I can safely say that your opinions are not going to influence mine. I don't fell your 7/5 for Volver gives my liking of it any more credibility. I'm not hatin' though....I'm not saying anything about you as a person/internet character, but rather that I don't trust your film taste.

Hmmm you're exposure to Bradley is clearly of the limited variety.

He may be wild and eccentric but he never devolves to cliche and smug when describing a film. Even if he hates a film he gives a good enough description for me to decide if I like it or not, and thats the mark of a good reviewer. (Forgiving his odd lapse into hyperbole).

At least I never feel insulted by the guy. Thats the mark of a good reviewer for me.

(that FF4 2 review is still on the edge though :sweat: )

Fine. I suppose I'll actually ]read some of his reviews before formulating a full opinion.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:39 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Almodovar
So I just saw Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown and it was most excellent. Perfectly blended operatic melodrama with cleverness and character development. Another A for Almodovar.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2