Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 GOLDEN GLOBES 2018 
Keeping it Light

Post Re: GOLDEN GLOBES 2018
Jmart wrote:
Kind of watched off and on last night. Seth Meyers was pretty much forgettable. He rushed through his monologue like he had somewhere else to be. I also don't like that he handed off his bit with the two female writers to members of the audience. Most of the people nominated aren't funny and were nowhere near drunk enough yet for that to have worked. Why not just let the two writers shine and then have Poehler come in for the last joke? And I tuned out in the middle, he didn't completely disappear until the end of the night, did he? I don't think he was ever on stage for the last third of the show. I did like seeing NPH getting visibly pissed off that he couldn't do a planned bit. I think he even said something like, "Becuase we don't have enough time for bits...here are the nominations...".

The Hollywood Foreign Press and NBC need to watch out. Every year this show gets more and more irrelevant. And unlike years before, I don't even think it'll be a good precursor to the Oscars this year. TBOE,M will get some nods, but I don't see it winning anything outside of screenplay and (maybe) actress. I thought the movie was very good, but the love for it last night was weird.

Irrelevant is a good word to describe last night.

Yeah, agree with ALL that.

I thought Portman's line was all good, but a lot of the acceptance speeches were just too political and un-needy for me (but I guess I just have issue that it doesn't feel those redeeming words are coming from the heart)...there pretty much was just NO fun in those clips I saw.
If they can't make this show more entertaining it will definitely lose relevance.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 am
Gamaur's sex slave

Post Re: GOLDEN GLOBES 2018
Here, Harvey, I brought you fresh meat!
Feel how tender it is!

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3