Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Goldene Kamera Awards '04 
now we know

Post Goldene Kamera Awards '04
This is probably for Lecter only, but perhaps someone else (another German maybe) can answer it.

In 2004, Sylvester Stallone won a Golden Kamera Award for "Best International Actor". Do you know (or can you find out) what movie that was for? Because in 2004 he made nothing. Unless, as the ceremony was in February, it was for his 2003 efforts (Shade and Spy Kids 3D: Gameover), which I doubt very much. So my assumption now is that it was a lifetime achievement award of sorts, but if it is, it is a strange title to give it.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Goldene Kamera Awards '04
Interesting. I looked up these awards, and it's set-up seems strange; different awards are given each year it seems.

Stallone was awarded the "International Film award", I'm not sure this is limited to just his acting. In the description of his win, they refer to his writing, producing, and directing talent too.

It's also doesn't seem to be an award given out yearly, only other winners I could find are Cate Blanchett in 2002 (that would just refer to acting), and Arthur Cohn (a film producer) in 2001.

So I think it's an award for one's career influence on film from an international perspective.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:34 pm
You must have big rats

Algren wrote:
This is probably for Lecter only, but perhaps someone else (another German maybe) can answer it.

In 2004, Sylvester Stallone won a Golden Kamera Award for "Best International Actor". Do you know (or can you find out) what movie that was for? Because in 2004 he made nothing. Unless, as the ceremony was in February, it was for his 2003 efforts (Shade and Spy Kids 3D: Gameover), which I doubt very much. So my assumption now is that it was a lifetime achievement award of sorts, but if it is, it is a strange title to give it.

It is just a meaningless award, randomly given out by a German TV magazine. I think the main purpose is to lure the stars that are willing to come to the ceremony.

They do award the lifetime achievement award as well, but that one went to Tony Curtis in 2004. I did some research and the official press release said:

"Sylvester Stallone for the continued success of his movies in German television".

However, below, they actually do mention Spy Kids 3D as his new films, where he shows off "muscles and brain at his best".

2011 they randomly awarded Renee Zellweger, who has done nothing that year.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Wow. So it's just a meaningless award. I thought this was a big deal for some reason. There's just something about "Golden Camera" that sounds important, as if it is somehow Germany's version of the Oscars. lol. Oh well.

Thanks for your answers both of you.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:02 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Dr. Lecter wrote:
It is just a meaningless award, randomly given out by a German TV magazine. I think the main purpose is to lure the stars that are willing to come to the ceremony.

I know that was a semi-dig at Stallone (basically saying he has nothing else to do but attend some "meaningless award" show), but let me tell you that, among many others, Denzel Washington, Susan Sarandon, Matthew McConaughey, and Robert De Niro have all been awarded the Goldene Kamara.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:12 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I think you have just proven his point.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:29 am
You must have big rats

Algren wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

I know that was a semi-dig at Stallone (basically saying he has nothing else to do but attend some "meaningless award" show), but let me tell you that, among many others, Denzel Washington, Susan Sarandon, Matthew McConaughey, and Robert De Niro have all been awarded the Goldene Kamara.

You really need to stop reading things into what I write. It was a not-so-semi dig at the ridiculousness of certain pathetic German awards, not at those who are being awarded.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:03 am
Profile WWW
now we know

:thumbsup:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:22 am
Profile WWW